FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:45 pm  Reply with quote

well I'm a big fan of the whole Multiple Universes idea. ya know, different dimensions or planes of existance on which either alternate realities or completely different 'places' in the stream of time lie. I always wondered that maybe we came from one of these other universes and decided to take up residence here on ours.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

By somewhere else he means by higher powers, or aliens, or someplace other than earth! anywhere! put your mind to it! After all, for all we know we're some alien's ant farm on their desk, and they're just laughin at us, no?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

that is one big-ass ant farm.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

ye i could have guessed what he meant, but i wanted to know what he actually meant, whether you had a specific idea or whatever....!?!?!?!?!?

gosh little britain is on!!!! 9pm, the best comedy show around at the moment, oh, shit, ma mam hates it, and shes watchin a program. I am deprived
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

lack of TV's good for ya.

Build's strong thinkin' muscles.

but yea, I did have a specific idea, which I posted allready.

thoughts?
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

ok a wierd linked universe in another dimension........

i think there are other dimensions too, yeah, thats all i have to add
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:30 pm  Reply with quote

mmm... well
im one of thost crazy monotheistic weirdos
so... i dunno, i think this universe is quite big enough
but i defintly believe in more life on other planets (be them far far away or not so much so)
there's an unbelieveably incomprehensible ammount of space out there, so it just makes sense, i mean... one in a million sounds ok to me...
but... one in a billion trillion? now thats just pushin' it...

i am interested, definitly
s'er any reasoning as to why that would work/makes sense?
cause its definitly something ive thought about

help me? someone?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:59 pm  Reply with quote

I'm with ya. but who says that the life has to be more advanced than us? it's a common conception (perhaps a misconception) that we are being visited by aliens that are more advanced than we. but why couldn't we be on top? that's just a thought of mine. But yea, even if one-in-a-million planets have life, that's still millions of planets with life (or infinite plantes with life, if the universe is truly infinite).

I've prolly served to confuse you more.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

no, i know what you mean
i didnt say they were more advanced... and dont really believe that either
did someone else say that?

well... i dont think the universe is infinite...
do you think so?
it sure is so big that its almost impossible for us to comprehend
but due to the big bang theory along with the astronomical doppler effect, im pretty sure its a finite space
and im still trying to decide if its possible we'll ever meet this other life
but im pretty sure we're not the only ones
to me thats just selfish

confusion? agreement? DISagreement?
~DAn
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

'The multiverse is a collection of reality membranes, clustered together in a dimensional matrix that responds to the thought circuits and gravity fields of our formless consciousness. We've been trained, through evolutionary timescales, to accept the three-dimensional world as our reality. These reality membranes are not structured like parallel planes or rungs of a ladder, but rather are like lattices of interlocking cells'.

Quoted from www.wingmakers.com

An awesome visual represention of this multi-dimensonal matrix can be seen in Alex Grey's work.

www.alexgrey.com

One of his many masterpieces ~Oversoul~

www.cognitiveliberty.org/drug_policy/oversoul_about.html
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

I was just kinda saying that most people think that if there is life elsewhere, it has to be more advanced than we are.

And I think that the universe is infinite. if you work it out within the confines of theoretical math, then here it is:

there are three known spatial dimensions, length, width and depth.

There is a fourth dimension: time.

These four dimensions make up the universe. now we know that length, width and depth can all be finite, but time is infinite. If the universe is made of time, than it is infinite. at least that's my idea.

does that make any sense?
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

Time is a construct of the mind and the mind is finite. Time is based upon humans calculating the cycles and movements of the planetary bodies in our own solar system in relation to the seasonal changes on Earth. The only Universal Time you could speak of would be the speed of light, or the Light Year. Yet, science has proven that barrier is not the ultimate. Therefore time, like everything else, is relative.

Yet, time, like the mind, can be transcended. This is the goal of all true meditation, to Be in the Now beyond the mind and in a total state of perfect consciousness. So I say it's the opposite, that time is finite and timelessness is infinite, just as the mind if finite and consciousness infinite.

There's also the consideration of consciousness and creative imagination. Length, width, and depth all correspond to characterics of matter in space, things we experience physically. The frequency of our consciousness is another dimension of the Universe, albeit a much more subtle realm. And yet, this subtle realm, like the subtle quantum strands of elementary particles vibrating constantly, is the ground of all being.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

i think that the universe is infinite, because of what thoth sed, the time thing, i dont quite agree with you there transport, with your idea on time being finite, when i die time will still go on, when my children die time will still go on, when their children die it will too etcetc, yes time is relative a day or year etc, but its still time.....

also, i always wonder... if the universe wasn't infinite then where would it end??? if i was flying through space would i hit a black wall, or a mirror??? if i did, what would be on the otherside of the wall??? how, why and when does it stop?????
it doesnt!!
im with thoth!!!
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

How can something infinite, like the Universe, be infinite if itís bound by time and space?

Infinite means beyond time and space.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:40 pm  Reply with quote

True, but it was said earlier, time and space are a construct of the mind, which has been proven time and time again to be limitless, so I guess theoretically it can be infinite and finite.

And in an attempt to resolve that glorious paradox think about it this way, the universe may be finite per expansion, but after each expansion it contracts, then re-expands, forming a new universe, and since its different entirely from the previous, the universe winds up being both infinite and finite though different genarations, see? yes? no?
Page 8 of 9
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme