FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
TheMan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:04 pm  Reply with quote

I dont think that, on the most part, religions don't call other religions religons. No, they seem to acknowledge that. The thing that is a common theme throughout all religions is love.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:57 am  Reply with quote

all religions? so what if a religion does not have love as a theme or ideal? is it not a religion?
TheMan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:35 am  Reply with quote

hehe. I said that religions' major theme is love. I dont know if the converse is true.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

Satanism's major theme is not love. so is it not a religion?
TheMan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:16 pm  Reply with quote

I dont know, but I think Satanism is about the love of self, but not in the conventional way. I could be wrong, since I dont really knwo anyhting about Satanism. Any Satanists in the house to clarify?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Satanism isn't about love at all...not even love of the self...its about worshiping that which (for lack of a better descriptive term) is related to pain and evil.

And it still true that regardless of acknowledging it or not, people are usually never alone on one side of a battle.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

nope. even a stand-alone normally has some sort of unseen aid. Even possibly the aid of divine power... a bit medieval there. but still possible. or maybe even earth's power (natural occurences that seem to crop up JUST in time). somtimes it's funny how things happen that way...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:45 am  Reply with quote

well while i was referring to the whole "how neutrality is basically impossible" arguement we were having, thats interesting too.

And it's impossible to decide your path without some sort of interaction or decision, since its waht you've done that influences what you choose to do.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:45 am  Reply with quote

satanism is about love too.........

the love of pain and hurt and bad things.......

a satanist can still fall in love, either with the devil, of someone else, everyone loves, so all religions are to do with love, as is everything else in the world!!!

just you try to prove me wrong, i have a good argument!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

Actually thanks, that was exactly the point i was trying to make, once again the whole relativity. Love can be towards many things, pleasure and pain being the opposites of only one available spectrum. And thats a damned good arguement since its almost impossible to refute.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

This one is truly in the way that you look at things. I concede this point.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

thats why i always say love and fear are oposites not love and hate...

you can love to hate something, but not love to fear something, so love and hate arent opposites at all, love and fear are, if you get my drift....??
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:57 pm  Reply with quote

why do people go on roller coasters, if not for the pure feeling of near-death? the exiliration of being AFRAID. most people LOVE fear, and love to be afraid, so long as there's no real danger. and even then, there are those that LIVE to be in danger.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:15 am  Reply with quote

Precisely, that is a major point, because people can love to do anything, or they can hate it, people can love to be afraid and thrill seek to near death and get huge kicks, thats how the industrys made. Or they can hate the fear and choose alternative means. Either way, i've always seen it as love and hate.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:54 pm  Reply with quote

so love and fear can't be opposites... and there are those that love to hate, and also those that hate to love...
Page 6 of 9
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme