FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
mimo
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:37 pm  Reply with quote

Okay, it seems logical to make the deduction:

"Everything is predetermined, so no matter what i do, it will have already been chosen, so what's the point?"

Everything may be predetermined. No one can prove or deny this. But the question that gives any purpose to the debate, and the most relevant question is "predetermined to who/what?"

If everything is predetermined, and regardless of whether or not there is a God, reality isn't fully predetermined in our scope. Do you know when everything is going to happen and how it will happen? I didn't think so. So in the scope of the human mind, reality is not predetermined. It may be predetermined by higher lifeforms, or higher parts of us, or it could be inherent in understanding our genetic structure, or the answer could be in quantam foam. But no one knows.

The moral of the story? I don't know.

-mimo
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:12 pm  Reply with quote

do it like i do...

i never plan ahead more than a day...two days tops. there's a reason for that... you never know what's going to happen. you may think you have a good idea of an event, but chances are it will happen in a completely different manner than you originally believed.

just thought i'd toss that out there... relavence is irrelivant
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:58 am  Reply with quote

exactly. thoth we live by the exact same philosophy: one day at a time. not only is it a whole assload more fun, but its a whole lot less stressful too. after all i have a friend whos in all ap/honors classes and hes sometimes not exactly the nicest person to be around some times...

and i myself dont ever pick up a singe textbook and can still pull off around a 2.7 gpa assuming i pay attention in class and do the homework.

and besides worrying never really helped anything; if it happens it happens if it doesnt it doesnt, whoop do do either way!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

GPA, PAH! that dum thing can't measure me! so what if i don't do the homework, what does that matter? i'll tell you what it matters! grades are an incentive/punishment to force us into the little nieche that the government has carved out for us, head down, without complaining. grades just see how well you work.

in my oppinion... which is subject to change from country to country.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

why do you think i dont care for shit what my grades are!!!!!!!!

I GO WHEREVER THE WIND BLOWS ME!!!!

i mean it blew me to this forum, and look how it turned out.

i guess a little chaos is good every so often, or every so frequently......um.....*thought cramp* AIEEEEE!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

that brings up a plan of mine...

i am currently located in the lower part of Michigan. and right after High School (and taking into account that i'll be to young to do this until a year AFTER high school...about three years) i plan on taking my Alto Saxophone and hike from here (michigan) to California, and back.

course, i won't plan it any farther than that. just thought i'd stake out that section of my time (depending, of course, that i make it that far into the future, able to get around) so, yea.
Akarab
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:55 pm  Reply with quote

I don't plan into the future either. There's nothing more sad than watching a person get all stressed out about "grades" and schoolwork for no reason. Why put yourself through that?
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

Akarab, that is the key!

you found it! stress is useless in situations such as grades, plans and deadlines. ah, how wunnerful it is to not give a damn bout my grades. i DO try and keeep them above a D though... just to keep the parents happy. cause if the parents aren't happy, well, lotsa stuff don't happen. not TOO happy, mind. just contented.

if you try and -squeeze- an A outta me, you'll just hurt yourself in the process. he he he...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:49 pm  Reply with quote

i myself can only say kudos to that. though it is, conveniently enough, and excuse to be exceedingly lazy! but hey lazy isnt a bad thing at all, right?

anyway, indeedy, and thats all she wrote. or all i wrote. or...nevermind, just finish the scentences yourself!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

i'm not lazy, i just don't care.

there's a difference.

now LIFE on the other hand, that's something i give some thought to, but not too much mind. if you think all the time, then there's no time to live.

ah, Philosophy, ain't it grand?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:04 pm  Reply with quote

i must quote (in a condensed way) Mel Brooks' "History of the World Part I"

Occupation?
Stand up Philosopher
oh, a bull shit artist!

but indeed it is!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

And i'll be here...forever! or at least until the forum goes bye-bye, in which case i'll be very sad. then i'll just go on an eight hour gaming binge and feel much better! *collapses from exhaustion afterwards*
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:04 pm  Reply with quote

hmm... i don't have time to go into games... but i'll make a thread on it later. and too much game=bad for you.

at least, i think so.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:59 pm  Reply with quote

well dangerous yes, and bad for you too, but theres nothing like a huge all night gaming binge with friends. i remember one particular instance where i was playing Pokemon Stadium at 4:30 in the morning due to being high on lack of sleep! theres no greater fun!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:39 pm  Reply with quote

yes there is... gaming until 5:30... but let's not get into that...

there was a point when i was highly addicted to Halo... and my pal still hasn't completed all twelve steps...

still no time...er, i'll get that post posted sometime here...
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme