FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 11:19 am  Reply with quote

what are we? really? i mean ive voiced my thoughts many times throughout the forums, ill recount them here if you want, but i havnt really heard what others think. so gimmie some info to run with here! i may be the top poster here but im far from the most important/closed minded/smeggy person!

and besides this forum hasnt been used in a while.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:24 pm  Reply with quote

we are whatever we wish to be.

however, we are at the moment (for the mostpart) in a spiritual dark age. we take money as the most valueable thing on earth, and think of death as the worst thing that can happen in one's life. we live in a society (for the mostpart) where religion, belief and spirituality are bent and corrupted for the sake of the allmighty dollar(yen/euro/peso/etc...) which no one realizes isn't important in the long run. soon enough the matter that makes those little coins and pieces of paper will shift and fluidly mold into something else which will have just as much (or more, or less) significants as it's origional (or it's senior, or it's junior) manifestation.

in short, we are currently a bunch of shitheaded capitalist piggies, to put it in a language that most readers will understand quite clearly.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:54 am  Reply with quote

oh, and in the computer language: u g0t r0xx0r3d n00bs!

but yes, that reminds me of what i say right off the bat when people ask me who i am, i usually say "i am myself" then if they give me wierd looks i give em my name. its just fun to drive some people insane that way.
Datura
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:30 am  Reply with quote

Stardust
sporaxis
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

I read an interview recently with the guy who sold everything in his life online (think he is allmylife.com or some such), I mean everything, including a half-used bag of sugar and a lunch-date with his best friend. The interesting thing about his experiment was that he worried about who he would be (if anyone) when everything was gone. And he was happily surprised to find that he was still "himself" even without his stuff. I had to laugh out loud, because I was like, DUH. I get really irritated with this pervasive materialistic view of ourselves. Can you imagine the brain power the human collective loses daily as people are distracted by such profound questions as "sectional or chaise with a chair & a half?"

What we are is........easily distracted.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:55 am  Reply with quote

well thats basically what we should all realize somehow through some means, at least we should hope to. but, in the end, freeing the mind is subjective and interpretive.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:12 pm  Reply with quote

yea, stuff sucks...

i don't really care about my stuff, save for two things...

My Heroclix Collection (what a fun game)

and my Alto Saxophone (escape route for the soul, however short it lasts)

other than that, i really don't care...

although, i'm rather protective of a rock i got to know recently. it dosn't have a name, but it enjoys doing nothing but sitting and thinking, although being kicked around helps to change up the scenery. i learned alot from this rock, and it's sitting on my computer cabinet, right next to the Power button on my monitor.

yup.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:29 am  Reply with quote

just goes to show you, the important things in life are the most unlikely!

and i only care about a couple things, a poem book that i keep, my anime/movie collection, and of course, cheese!
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

sporaxis wrote:
And he was happily surprised to find that he was still "himself" even without his stuff. I had to laugh out loud, because I was like, DUH. I get really irritated with this pervasive materialistic view of ourselves.

In a way you are right and you are entitled 2 ur opinion, however i think materialistic things do change people. Peoples pesonalities are greatly affected (is it effected???) by our enviroment, the way we are today is because of our genes and our enviroment.

for instance......if ur brought up in a really poor part of the world, like a third world country, you learn to respect/appritiate things more, like if you get clean water, or have a chicken for tea, things we take for granted. But if that person then moved to England or America or another rich country he/she is bound to change, its natural. He/she now constantly has clean water etc. and therefore WILL (no way round it) will change.

I suppose they will still be themselves but their attitudes to people and life will dramatically change. People who are rich can easily become arrogant (im not saying every1 hu is rich, only some, its not a stereotype, its truth)

So if this dood now has no stuff he's bound to change, he'll respect things more, the things he HAS got, he'll appritiate things instead of taking them for granted.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

perhaps they will change, but whats wrong with change? i mean, to me, some change is EEEEVIL, but for the most part, keep on changing. keep folks guessing. play a few wrong notes, but bend em', dhat em' or slur em right, and nine times of ten, you'll still get a standing ovation. allright, that was a little off base, but you get the point.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:52 am  Reply with quote

Change can be bad or good. I do agree with you, Sky, about the upbringing being a large factor in the entire scheme of things, but think about this, isn't it a great feeling to meet someone you havn't seen in years and see that even if you've changed that they havn't one bit? Its a nice little reminder of the past. And its the main reason as to why I personally dont change much.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

i wasnt sayin that change was good or bad, i agree with u 2 that some change is good and some bad, i was only sayin it was possible for people to change in attitute and self.

(btw how old r u 2???)
soz im ded nosey!! :)
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

man Beest, just go with the flow... and stop it if necsisary.

and as for you Sky... 15. if you ABSOLUTELY MUST know.

and even if you dont, there it is.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:29 am  Reply with quote

Well me, I'm 16, 17 on June 10. And I will just go with the flow this time, too lazy to do anything else at the moment...plus it's lunchtime!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

Panzy? PANZY? RESPECT YOUR ELDERS YOU SANCTIMONIOUS PUNK! (even though you could easily take someone like me in about thirty seconds!)

And anytime Sky, happy to answer someones questions! And hey, you're already one of the top posters, only behind the regular guys like me an thoth! And we finally have a third daily checker of the site! woohoo!
Page 1 of 4
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme