FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:46 pm  Reply with quote

(reading old posts again, i was not here at that time)

you say that renegades are people who effectivly disagree with popular theories, you say they are insane in a way.
everybody has an opinion on everything, iits impossible not to, not everyone agree with everything, even we disagree. People who effectively have the same sort of ish thoughts,
were not insane (well thoth is heheh) but you know what i mean..... do you?

there could be a group of 10 people for example, 1 person believes blue is a cool colour, the others dont. Does a majority make it uncool???
(bit crap, but it was an example)
there could be one person in the world who thinks its cool, nothing should affect your opinion though.
not that 1 person, nor the majority, why should it?
it cant, the 1 person could be right or wrong, why should that effect what you think???
why should we even care about other opinions?
it brings me onto humanity, we are human because of out emotions our feelings, our thoughts and our beliefs. combined into one. its our need to socialize, our need to learn, to discover and to expose.

also, a cool fact, only 10% of our whole bodies concieve pain, why should 10% shop us achieving our goals????

sorry, rabbitted n a bit, just discovering new posts thats all.............
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

Crazy? I was crazy once...

but that's for another time.

and in a way, I suppose we are all insane. a bit. and yes, what has been said if I recall is that "There is no right or wrong, only popular oppinion". which brings me to a question... i'll make it into a main post.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:34 pm  Reply with quote

uhh... i was just looking over this topic again, and uhhh....
thanks for your opinion datura, but i dont spell renegade wrong cause i think its gonna do something, i spell it wrong cause im a terrible speller and i tend to spell stuff phonetically, therefore, i thought thats how you spelled it and i decided to go with it
that brings up an interesting point though...
who cares how renegade is spelled? obviously datura does, any other takers? i know i do
cause then i could spell the: 'thu'
amd prittie sune kno won wood no wut ani urn us tlickin abert

but back to renegades...
you gotta love um... they get svhints done
everyone thought the world was flat, and maggots spotaineously generated, and the sky just opened up and rain came down, or you just had to make spears and kill stuff, there had to be some dude sitting in his hut or lab or house and just decided, 'nah... i dont think thats how it works' and then people were like 'oh, your right, shucks...'

hoowah! the renagade strikes back!
ACE!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, you unwittingly proved my point! But cool is relative, and renegade is relative too. The important thing to remember is that we usually see ideas in hindsight, and hindsight is always 20/20.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

or is it? they say that history is written by the winners. and hindsight can be skewed as well. perhaps what we think has been programmed, even to the point that what we remember is not what really happened. it happened similarly in the Matrix, and in 2112. thoughts?
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:16 pm  Reply with quote

whoever said hindsight is 20/20 was really pompous
cause obviously he thought he knew everything about his past
and i just dont think that can ever be correct
i mean, if something happens and you look back on it, are you immediatly like 'oh, ok! i understand that completely'
i personally havent seen the third matrix, but i could understand if something like that ended up happening, y'know... EVERYTHING you thought was different
but it seems rather hopeless to believe that everything you think you know could be wrong
i think renagades (and i dont know what you meant by: renegade is relative) are just guys that do something different or believe something different, i suppose a few just go nuts cause they cant find anything to believe, but there's a VAST middle ground

anyone know what im saying?
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:39 pm  Reply with quote

so are you saying that renegades are renegades, plain and simple? well, one group's renegade is another group's idol. see? Jimi Hendrix, amazing to rockers, threatening to the majority.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

it doesnt matter what the person is TO people
he is who he is
regardless of what other people's perception of him is
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

yes, it is. it's all about how you're seen as, as i'm fairly certain that you can't be reneagade against/from yourself.
Daoda
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:05 am  Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, most renegades are only renegade to the culture they're in. For there will always be cultures that accept certain things and reject others. So a renegade here, might be a hero somewhere else. Usually a renegade is made up of a minority of some sort. Whether it be a religious, racial, sexual, whatever, there are no majority renegades, heh.

Renegades also tend to stick to their beliefs independent of changes in time, or popular opinion. Therefore they're thought of as extremists, which is another way of saying unwavering, strict, and ending with immorality. Because if you see things as us against them, like many renegades do, you end up doing immoral things in the name of morality.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:13 am  Reply with quote

Yes, renegades are subjective to the cultures they're in, and when i say hindsight is 20/20, its simply saying "look, here we fucked up!", nothing more. Like in the civil war, we didnt change tactics even though we changed weapons. "here we screwed the pooch". How is that pompous? Understanding it in those terms is a very basic thing that even someone who understands next to nothing could deduct.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

ouch, i need some water for my burn...
i wasnt talking about extremists, why do people always assumes the worst? ...oh well haha humans, blah...

i was talking more about the type of person who will break the rules no, matter what the rules are, AND/OR, the type of people who just fight the current, cause they know/think the current's going the wrong way, some get the current moving the direction they want/see, some get destroyed/washed-away

why are we talking about hindsight?
haha, who cares POINTLESS ARGUING!!! her we go:
simply saying "we Fd up?", sorry dude, you dont know if there was anything you couldve done to 'not F up' and you also don't know if what happened actually wasnt as bad as it could have been

and by the way, i didnt mean you PERSONALLY were pompous
but since you got so defensive i might need to play it up a bit, hahaha
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:00 am  Reply with quote

sure, nothing you could do to prevent it THEN, but we can always use hindsight to learn from their mistakes. and someone who will break the rules no matter what the rules are... that's kinda dumb. i'll break the rules if they go against my beliefs or pursuits, but there's no reason to break 'em if they're not a problem for me. it's very selfish, but selfishness isn't as wrong as most make it out to be.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:26 am  Reply with quote

precisely....i was saying we can learn from our mistakes, realize we fucked up, and at least try to not do it again. The pasts in the past, its got no real use other than helping the future.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

yea you're right, the breaking rules thing was dumb...
i guess i just dont know what im talking about
you're right thoth

anyway... ummm...
well i still say its stupid to say hindsight is 20/20
if we dont know whats going on now or whats going to go on later, how can you say we know what went on before

but maybe that doesnt make any sense to anyone
I'm just weird...
Page 3 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme