FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
TheOne
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

I call the question. There is no board for this thread because it encompasses all other threads. What is the Matrix? I know, there are an infinite number of ways to analyze it, but, in the end, below all the layers, what is it? The Matrix itself: Is it a system of control? Is it a metaphor for life itself? What? The movie: What's the deep-down point? I know that I havn't been a big post-er and that it's probably not my place to call the quesion, but I'm gonna.
the "ist"
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:57 pm  Reply with quote

the matrix is what you believe it is. the concept of the movie is 2 make you question everything you've ever known, and search the world for information to expand your knowledge of the truth. The matrix is based on the human mind, and its incredible process of thought. The matrix is what you want it to be, ultimately....
thats what i think anyway
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:06 pm  Reply with quote

To quote those geeky little brothers.

"About two hours and fifteen minutes long" :P

The Matrix is whatever you want it to be.

Can you *feel* the postmodern? Huh? Unf! Can yuh? Awhhhh yeah!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:40 am  Reply with quote

the matrix is whatever you make it out to be. for those that are still plugged in, it is 'the world'. for those that are unplugged, it is a prison for the mind, a cruel and unfeeling slave master to all of human kind. to The One, it is simply a system, a programable code that can be manipulated as he see fits.

and to me...

well, to me it is a lump of metal, wires and microprocessors. something that goes to show that we (humans) are extremely capable of bringing about our own downfall.

that is the matrix.
Halfspin1
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

RE: What is the matrix?

In my opinion the best description is given by C.S.Lewis. In The Chronicles of Narnia - The Last Battle he gives a great explaination. For those of you who have read it, I pose the question, "What lies behind the stable door?"
If there is existence beyond death, is it more real? Is it more important?

"Questioning 'reality' leads to Truth."
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

read the whole series, more than once, a long time ago...

and can't remember what on earth you are talking about.

i'll go check...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:49 pm  Reply with quote

well like everyone else has said, i too believe that the matrix is whatever you want it to be. its limits and your own are based only on the restrictions that you put on yourself or the liberations your allow yourself to experience.

or at least thats what momma always said. daddy put me on his knee one day and said "son, you just cant milk a dead cow...." but thats another story!
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

in my opinion the matrix is fate.

a whole system of control and restrictions.

Everybody has a design for life and you cant stop it, what ever you do, how ever hard you try, the matrix is always watching you, it knows exactly what your thinking, how your feeling, and your next move.

you cant cheat it. You cant for instance think, 'its fate for me to go right, so ill go left' fate knows that this thought will go through your head. The matrix put it there.

However im still unsure on what the real world could be??? if it 'frees the mind/soul' etcetc there cant be fate, but fate is still all around us.

in a way im just confused.......somtimes i think i know the answers, like when they come to me in my dreams, but other times im unsure, still in love with the matrix and its beauty, i forget about fate, and my design, i suppose im still young, theres still time to understand and recieve enlightenment.

Its just when the time comes i dont know whether i'll be willing to accept it..............the truth i mean.......

*i've just majorly confused myself, it may take months for me to come to terms with my confusion!!!!!!!!!!* =$
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:37 pm  Reply with quote

i don't believe in fate. i believe in possibilities that, just maybe, on a good day, the 'oracle' will guess the right answer, the right numbers that'll give her 25 million dollars. i don't believe in luck either.

'Why are we here? because we're here
roll the bones
roll the bones
and why does it happen? because it happens
roll the bones
roll the bones"

ah, Rush comes through again. i DO believe, however, that you can 'drop the dice'. you can control alot of your life, simply by your perspective, your outlook. it's not cold outside, the lake is just freezing so i can go ice fishing tomorow.

at least, thats what I think.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:57 am  Reply with quote

Well Sky, those are parts of the equation and pieces of the pie. It's an unspoken "if...then..." clause part of the system. It's like a game, there are certain rules that must be followed, and there are ways to bend the rules, break the rules, and cheat. It's simpler if one thinks about it for a while in those terms.

Hope that can do sometin for your confusion!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:28 pm  Reply with quote

just drop the damn dice!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:01 pm  Reply with quote

*Drops Dice*

Snake eyes!

Fuck!

Wait, no...its seven! Woohoo!

Even more cofusion to answer you with! Whee!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

Snake Eyes rolls again.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

EXACTLY! See? With the bad comes the good! Or the good the bad...not sure which, im just confused now.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

ye but if u think about it its always gunna be confusing isnt it, coz like you can never understand EVERYTHING, its like virtually impossible

no matter how far back you stand you will never see the whole picture.

(thats quite a good quote!!! i just made it up, one day i'll be famous for sayin that........hmm.)

so i guess u 2 guys like the floyd then, coz ur always singin etcetc, i wud sing phrases if i cud sing, im crap,
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme