FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 5:22 pm  Reply with quote

On news...

Don't watch it. all you are doing when you watch the news is being programed, one similar in code to the one used on humans in the matrix. the television is like a big floppy disk that programs nearly every person on the planet, save for us few that realize it as such...

and you're right beest, we can change. perhaps not now, nor as a whole, but eventually it will happen. i have known this since i learned that most martial arts are simply a side affect of attempted enlightenment, and that they are used only in time of dire need. humanity will eventually clense change... and one thing will help

Stupidity, the Gene Pool's natural Chloriene.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

HOWEVER! until we stop rewarding these people with Darwin Awards, then nothing will ever change!!!!!

and though sometimes it is programming, i think its more based on the natural morbidity of human nature and desire to see/experience violent acts.

though ironically im going against my principles of experiencing everything before judging, i think. oh well, at least i do have a reasonable excuse to in this case. it relates to Sporaxis's post about his parents. memories are a powerful thing.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:53 am  Reply with quote

though the thought occurs that it may be a trial and error sort of thing, you never really know, thoughts?
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:40 pm  Reply with quote

nightbeest77 wrote:

first, if he did indeed create the machines that created him, why did he create them with our same faults and stupidities? did he wish for them to grow out of them as we could not? even though they probably will wind up suffering the same fate that we did when they (since they did) fail to do so?

What do you mean by "he"? The Architect? The Source? I don't get who you are referring to.

Quote:
second, since that is a possibility, then what can one say about the concreteness of views in life, society, and the ilk? (by ilk i mean everything else, since i know ill get yelled at for calling religion ilk by itself...stupid P.C.), after all, how do we know that the commoner did not create the pope? the man from the ghetto place the president into office, and the social reject permit the social bombshell to rise to their place? after all most things in our society today seem to simply be an illusion to curb us from the fact that most leaders TRULY are (pardon the freedom) fucking us over big time.

They do. Everything is created by everything else. Nothing is stable, everything is changing. The Instant any individual would have what could be considered Worldwide Power (for exmaple, if a dictator decided to invade the world) the underclasses who would be suppressed would also gain that power, through their opposition and existence as a counterpoint to the perceived "power". Binary poles revolving and swinging together and away from each other. The Suppressed have power in their existence as suppressed, because the "Powerful" fear them rising, just as the suppressed fear the "Powerful". For everything to exist, everything must have it's counterbalance, it's opposition, it's death and it's birth. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction :P

Quote:
which brings up another question? can we EVER truly change?

We are. But if you mean an explosion of peace and love and shared conciousness, um, no. The human self cannot exist in a Hive Mind.

Quote:
or are we damned with this curse of ignorance and craving for harming others just like us forever?

Perception Perception Perception.

What do you want us to change to? Are you looking for a Christian/Buddhist/Hindu/Jewish utopia society? Are you looking for a change to more anarchy? A change for what? People say "I wish yadda yadda yadda change" without realising the change that is happening around them, without their perception.

A great blow shatters a rock, the slow lapping of the waves wears it into a beautiful monolith. (whoa, dude, I just used up my moment of Zen for the day :D )

Quote:
i myself still believe that we can change, though recently even my faith has begun to fall. with so many important things that could be done in the world, watch Fox news to see pointless drabble on unimportant random crap that is simply a one-hour viewer popularity fest. (or maybe some people actually care that arnold schwarzzenaggear (i know i spelled it wrong) is running for governor of california. if he gets it, good for him, thats great, but seriously hes just another candidate. it makes me sick that an hour of news time was wasted on such meaningless drabble during my dinner out one night.

First things first, stop watching Fox News. You're just setting yourself up for depression. Second, it's not your fault the American Political system must create itself into a simulation equal to Hollywood for it to survive. So just chill, And Press The Off Switch
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:11 pm  Reply with quote

1 - i was talking about the architect, or whoever first made the AI computer/machine, whichever applies.

2 - and yes, everything is everchanging. thats undisputable, but it still sickens me how the process works, i guess its kind of obvious what side of the stepping stone i was on, so that does bias me in a sense.

3 - and no, i dont ever think the human race could ever survive as a hive mind, because we are all too different in opinion and evolution

4 - and no, utopia is also impossible. i do think, however, that we could at least find grounds for unjustified hatred before we continue it. it just is re-fucking-DICKULOUS how hatred and prejudice works, i mean look at the word: PREjudice, judging before knowing, basically, ignorance in motion.

in simple terms, actually think before we act, and dont be complete jerk offs. *note* datura, i think you'll like this: though im a guy too, i cant argue that more that not are stupid ignorant sex obsessed pricks, and this is mostly directed at them *note*

5 - and i dont watch it by choice, i saw this at the beach when i was eating at fudpuckers at Ft Walton Beach, (great place, go eat there, great chikin and burgers)

and im spent! *belch*
Datura
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

The AI (source) was made by "Us" as Morph says. It seems to be a collective effort, something that humans became united in *shrug*. We are all responsible. That's the point. That's why the machines will never be able to escape their humaness, because it is inbedded in them at a fundamental chaotic level, at the Source.

Quote:
and no, utopia is also impossible. i do think, however, that we could at least find grounds for unjustified hatred before we continue it. it just is re-fucking-DICKULOUS how hatred and prejudice works, i mean look at the word: PREjudice, judging before knowing, basically, ignorance in motion.

For there to be life, and love, and happiness, there must be it's death, it's antithesis, hatred and loss and lack. It is in bad times that you find good people, in good times that you find bad people. The antithesis must live, or else the whole system dies.

Quote:
and i dont watch it by choice, i saw this at the beach when i was eating at fudpuckers at Ft Walton Beach, (great place, go eat there, great chikin and burgers

I live in Australia, and don't like fast-food much, but it sounds nice anyway :)
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

Damn it! i want chicken!

but anyways, you're right. a Hive Mind is completely impossible. because we have...OPINIONS! that's right! like it or not, you have the power to think for yourself and reject your programmnig, the same programing that comes at you every day in the form of TV, Radio, and Magizines. The inernet is also a culprit, and is annoying as HELL, as it is about the only of these examples that i use regularly. but yes, you can make your own idea. you can take someone else's idea and either alter it as you see fit, or keep use it, whatever you feel is best. of course you can disregard other's ideas entirely, and that's fine too.

WooT! My Sherona!

"oh my little pretty one..."

gotta love KazAA
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme