FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply hard progressive trance <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:06 am  Reply with quote

I know it was, but i was talking to you with that first part, since i know you check back more frequently.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

man, I want the new RUSH IN RIO set... just cause i don't have any of their stuff on video. wow. a rush fan. and I beg to differ, they do alot of progressive stuff, but dammit, 2112 Overture is a goddamn HARD ROCK ANTHEM! no denying. my brother plays bass. i play sax, in case you havn't read any of my stuff related to that aspect of me.
Observationist
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 8:16 am  Reply with quote

I want the DVD too.... I have their Chronicles DVD, but that's music videos. I want to see a concert.

You're damn right it's Hard Rock!!!! Their first album was kinda like Rhythm and Blues mixed with Led Zepplin. Fly By Night was good ol' Rock and Roll, and then Caress of Steel had some Rock tracks and some that were not (At least parts of them).

I have every Rush studio and live album, and I can tell you that the term "Progressive" does not mean that they progress within an album. It means that throughout their carrer they have progressed from "Straight Rock" to "Keyboard Rock" to "Synth Rock" to kinda "What the fuk Rock" to their latest album which is some form of Rock & Roll that I can't quite classify.... But the main thing is, throught out it all- They fuking ROCKED!

So that's what they're called: Progressive Rock.... Perhaps Progressive Rock & Roll would be more fitting.

So with that.... I beg you not to differ. ;)
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:18 pm  Reply with quote

I hope you mean 'synth rock' as in synthesized parts mixed with real music. but I see exactly what you mean, they're Best Of album Spirit of Radio does show that pattern. but i must admit i enjoy their earliest and latest stuff the most.
Observationist
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:44 am  Reply with quote

Yea, that's what I mean. When they first started going in to keyboard music, it was Geddy playing keys and foot pedals.... later on they started using programmed things. That's where synths and sequencers come in.

Rush........ ahhhh.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

sounds groovey, they playing in manchester??? M.E.N??
anyway.... i can play the bass too, and superstition on the guitar.... all my band mates have been teaching me,

rock on
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:35 am  Reply with quote

i've been working on the guitar myself lately. got out one of my dad's old axes. i can play riffs here and there, and i'm working on my blues scales by ear.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:59 pm  Reply with quote

i can play a blues on guitar, and read guitar tabs but my fingers go all spakky when i try to move chords quickly, its odd cause i can do stuff like that on the piano.....
KRM
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

i've been mainly into Hip Hop my whole life...not really pop hip hop...more like Brother Ali, Aesop Rock type stuff

Lately i've kinda stopped listening to music.
I only really listen to classical or soul/funk

i've noticed how much music can effect your consciousness and i doubt many of the artists out there r even aware of it...
Music seems to clutter my head at the moment, i'm trying to just be comfortable with silence
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:45 pm  Reply with quote

silence is overrated, but if it's your gig, hey. roll with it.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:57 am  Reply with quote

Indeedy,

silence is golden, but yelling is fun.

Think about that one for a while.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:37 am  Reply with quote

all my musical taste has changed, iv been introduced to so many new ways by my mates, im going through a heavy bleues/funk style this week, i love music

it is my soul, i could sit and listen to anyone of my friends playing their instrument like all day, even for the rest of my life and i wouldnt get borde, i love it, i think theyre fantastic and admire them, they all inpire me. I wouldt be whole without music in my life, it is my purpose and my life, ive decided, its what im meant to do, its what makes me happy and is what i love.....

cummon thoth, just agree, you know how i feel
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

Well i'm not thothman, but I agree that heavy blues is some good listening, just figured i'd put that on out there.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

I do agree I suppose, although I don't have too many friends that play music... at least not as hardcore as I do. three of my friends play in the school band (hell, that's where I met two of 'em) and they all only play for something to do. ya know, easy credit, and probably a slight bit of exiliration.

I play to play. and only one of my friends is musical enough that they could actually listen to me for themself and appreciate it. no one else cares about music enough.

so I'd kinda say you're lucky,

but I like the way it works over here.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

id go as far as to say te only reason im still here today is music.....
Ive said before my life aint been the best to me, they only thing that helps me through is music....

in the morning if i feel i dont want to get up, ill put the radio on or my fav songs, or if im upset or angry i play a song and it calms me. Most of my friends i have met through music. it gives me a chance to express myself in a way that words cant. if i didnt have music in my life, i wouldnt have the will to live, and i truely mean that.

I could sit and listen to it for hours and hours, till the loudness burst my ear drums, or i fell asleep because of the mellowness and comfort of it.

I mean i only go out with a lad if they are musical, its my personal law!!!! hehehe.

I do know other people with passion like i have for music, but id say only 3
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme