FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
GreenPintoBean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:49 am  Reply with quote

When Neo gets to the architect he has to make a chose, he can save Trinity or destory the matrix. The prophecy says that the one will destory the matrix, but Neo insied chooses to save Trinity. So this means that Neo is not the one or the prophecy is not true.
AceBandit44
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:15 pm  Reply with quote

In my opinion , anyone can be the one. The MATRIX is nothing more than a program , anyone should be able to minipulate it. This is one thing that I find to be Ironic about the movie. Morpheus , trinity all of the people who put there faith in the one , in a way are limiting their own abilities by thinking that the one will be the fastest strongest most capable. It's almost as if just as the matrix is an illusion , so is the theory of the one . Perhaps the theory one is actually part of the matrix , that was designed to prevent others from realizing that everyone can be as powerful as Neo. THERE IS NO SPOON !!!! TERE IS NO PROPHECY !!! THERE IS NO ONE !!!

.....just my thoughts.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:18 pm  Reply with quote

In the first movie, the oracle tells Neo he is not the one. At the time i thought that she told him this so he would become the the one. But now i think that she may have been telling the truth. The prophecy was spoken by the oracle, and in the second movie the oracle reveals to Neo that she is a rogue program on the human's side of the war. This poses the question: Is the oracle really on the human's side?
GreenPintoBean
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:20 pm  Reply with quote

I said that.^ I forgot to log in
Cam
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:30 am  Reply with quote

First off...
Yes anyone of us could be the One!
But there are road blocks that we all must face.
Considering the fact that the Wachowski's have stated
that Buddhism influenced a lot of the storyline,
my feeling is that unless you understand quite a
few buddhist concepts it is very hard to get the whole
picture.

At least that was the case for me. I didn't know
anything about buddhism the first 3 times I saw the
first Matrix. For me buddhism helped me realize
what that "splinter in my mind" really is.

So 2 years passed where I was practicing buddhism.
Not religiously but mentally(meditations, breathing, qi gong).
And when I saw the movie again. It all made sense.
I've watched it more than 100 times since.

That movie goes deeper than most really know.
It not only reflects spiritual things, but also
our current state of humanity.

OK, I'm rambling....

1. In buddhism, everyone has the potential to be buddha "One"
which simply means the potential to reach full enlightenment.
So yes AceBandit44, this is what the Wachowski's are conveying.
Some are closer than others. Some aren't even ready!

2. The Oracle never told Neo he wasn't the One. She let's Neo
answer for himself. Neo's the One who doesn't believe at that
point. But she can't make him decide to be the One.
"It looks like you're waiting for something..."
"Who knows? Your next lifetime maybe. That's how these things go."

3. I might be mistaken, but the Oracle never said she was a Rogue program
on the humans side. I must have missed that.
uribees
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:18 pm  Reply with quote

The prophecy does state that the one will destroy the matrix and Neo did just that. When he went to the architect he had to choose between two door one was to save trinity and destroy the matrix and all those dwelling within; the other door was to let trinity die and to go to the source and allow for a decemination of the code that the anomoly (the one) carries and to start another version of the matrix and let zion be destroyed. In this door he would choose 26 people out of the matrix to thus again rebuild zion. He chose to save trinity and thus destroy the matrix. So far the prophecy is true, the matrix will soon be over.
Datura
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:27 pm  Reply with quote

Yes. But he didn't do what the machines wanted. So he fucked them over big time. Hee. yay for neo!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 9:47 am  Reply with quote

but if he did destroy the matrix, and there were people inside it who could not survive in the real world what would happen then? and what would happen if the ´´real world´´ was actually another level of the matrix? i mean he could be doing what you said, and he probably will screw over the machines on this level of the matrix if it is just another level, and there will be more than enough to rebuild the population even if some are unable to cope. im just saying!
Mr. Ash
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:54 am  Reply with quote

Neo is an anomaly that is nesscary for the continueation of the Matrix. By choosing to return to the matrix and save Trinity (which none of his predessors did) he did not reset the Matrix and thus endangers everyone in it. The prophecy does not state that he will destroy the matrix but that he will end the war.
Not everyone can have Neo's powers because he is unquie. He is even different than his former lifes because of trinity. If Neo would have gone to the source Zion would be destroyed but the matrix and those in it would have been saved. This would have fufilled the prophecy because the war would have been over. Neo would have then been allowed to take a few people from the matrix to restart Zion. That is the choice all of his predessors made.
Because of Trinity this Neo is different. Because of Agent Smith this Neo will be able to gain powers in the real world. This Neo will fufill the prophecy in a different way by bringing peace to the war and saving Zion from total distuction.
On different note: People confuse themselfs over the powers of the orical and the Archatect. They are complete opposites.
The Orical is intuitive, she can see the future, she found a way to make humans except the Matrix(Neo resetting it), she believes that "the only way we can get there is together"
The Archatect is logical, he knows almost everything that is happening in the matrix but he does not know the future (he thought trinity would die), he built the matrix but does not control it and he couldn't even have made it work without the Orical. He believes that the machines will continue to have control and that Zion will be destroyed.
Predictions: Neo will meet the Archatect again and kick his ass.
The Orical will be hurt/killed or kidnapped.
Agent Smith becomes the virous he talked about in the first movie.
The machines fight their way into Zion but the day is saved by Neo finding a compromise.

sorry this was so long but its my first post and all that.
sporaxis
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:04 pm  Reply with quote

in Enter the Matrix, the Oracle tells Niobe that the path of the One is the path of many, as echoed by the refrain, "we all have our part to play." i took this as a sign that the One isn't to be taken as literally singular, but representative of everyone involved, and that Neo wouldn't be able to save the day all by himself, especially if another character made different choices.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:09 pm  Reply with quote

your post, ash, brings up a point and question. the compromise that you speak of, what kind will it be? will it be one that is based on one loser and one winner, that will undoubtedly lead to later conflict, or will it be one where both are equal, and learn to coexist. thats the ultimate question about how this will end up. after all, its perfectly reasonable that both sides can set aside their differences and coexist, because both sides have the same types of minds with the same types of faults.
5th_degree_of_abstraction
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

DUH! have you all forgotten the end of re-loded The One, the Prophecy and The Oracle are all methods of control implemented by the architect.

Neo is the one, as The Architect refers to him as "The Anomalie".

Neo's choice will bring about the end of the matrix. By destroying humanity he deprives the machines of their powersource, resulting in the end of the machines.

So there!
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

Duh... don't people keep up to date with things?

Yes, Gloria Foster died, so they wrote it out by saying the Mother and the Father (or "Two programs I trusted"... I mean, who else could it be?) handed over the termination code for the Oracle's old body to Merovingian to secure Neo's safety when he went to visit the annoying Frenchman in 'Reloaded. Of course, because of Persephone's intervention, Mero got pissed off and tried to hurt him anyway. So she took another body. I guess this almost implies that the machines have a soul that can be transfered. Whoa! Moral conundrum...
uribees
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

There is a new game coming out in 2004. The matrix online. This game is set after revolutions. It is set inside of the matrix. Which means that in the end the matrix will not be destroyed so is neo the one so who knows. But it is not over yet. For more info on the game go to thematrixonline.com
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme