FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:

and it gets less and less acurate the further and further away you are

This may be true for light but not so for elementary particles. In '82 Alain Aspect conducted an experiement where it was proven that elementary particles communicate and share information faster than the speed of light. The phenomenon is known in physics as nonlocality. This behavior is beyond our current paradigm of time and space, although many pioneers are postulating wonderfully creative ideas about the true nature of the Universe.

The new physics points to a more holistic view that all is connected multi-dimensonally, like a giant hologram. Science is beginning to converge with spirituality by claiming reality exists as a mirror and the part cannot be separated from the whole. Interestingly enough, these views have been taught and expounded upon since time out of mind by various enlightened sages, mystics, shamans, saints, avatars, and yogis.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:24 pm  Reply with quote

In fencing, the most important place for each participant to be in is Engagement, where their blades are touching. From engagement, every reaction one makes is based on the feel one gets from the enemy's blade against theirs. Ergo, if one applies pressure against his enemy's blade to the side, odds are the enemy will disengage around the blade and attempt a strike. Now if one uses said push against an enemy's blade to 'trick' the enemy into attempting the disengage and strike, one can quite literally disarm one's opponent entirely and himself strike.

This is of course assuming that the enemy does not react to the first person's reaction.

Yep.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

erm............ very nice thoth...

but i think all blue was goin on about was the fact that by the time that the light, or sound, of feeling or smell or any other sense reaches you, even in fencing, its already in the past.... but only very slightly

i myself dont think thats right, because if it was, that means that even our own thoughts and mind is in the past and that there is no present, only past and future - which is pretty bizarre, an i cant get my head around it, so i try not to think about it...

ALSO, transport you are so annoying, us folks who are not the best at english, and whos vocabulary isnt very wide (like mwah) well.... your posts really really confuse me, for all i know you may be saying something thats a load of shit, or something absolutely fantastic, but mate.... i dont understand all those fuckin well long words!! they mean nothing to me and i have no idea what they mean....
please for my sake, if only, use, well.... um.... more... easy or comprehendible words, or atleast describe what all the dodgy words mean!!!

thanks (sorry to moan, but it means that everytime i see a post by you i like skip it or scan it coz i know i wont understand it!!)
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:03 pm  Reply with quote

Sky, I'm pretty sure that Thoth, Beest, and whomever else is on the site understands me. It's not my intention to confuse you....that's how I think and write. You can easily understand what I'm saying by reading into the context clues. If you need clarity, specify what doesn't make sense to you and I'll be happy to explain. Also, writing is a way that I'm creative, much like you are with music. To make my writing more crude, to dumb it down, or 2 talk lik tis...just doesn't express who I am. It inhibits my ability to be a creative writer.

If you're annoyed because you don't understand the words I write...you should see it as an opportunity to learn some new words instead of blaming me for your limited vocabulary.

www.hyperdictionary.com
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

'zactly. Most annoying thing in the world is when the maestro says to 'calm down' durring a solo. blargh. same difference.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

Although, interestingly enough, when you recieve the information, you percieve it as the present. We see light from the sun as "present" when we feel it on our faces, yet that light originiated from the sun about eight minutes ago and we only just then feel the effect. Present perceptions are entirely relative you see!
Page 11 of 11
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme