FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
transport22
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:50 am  Reply with quote

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts...like a play, or band, or movie, or country. Seemingly humans have an innate need to build and create, to evolve ideas and things and concepts, which takes communication. Two people, who can communicate in some way, can fuse and channel their creative energies into something greater than the individual parts. It's an evolutionary trait towards novelty. And I agree, our true personal truths can be cloaked by other's truths....specifically the governments truths.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:22 pm  Reply with quote

Precisely, and communication is not only trying to communicate your own ideas, but trying to get some kind of validation for your own as well, perhaps. Thats what I personally look to this site for, to teach me to question my beliefs and how they truly are justified, for example. Thoughts?
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:18 am  Reply with quote

I agree. One of the main teachings I've discovered is that REALITY EXISTS AS A MIRROR. That our beliefs, ideas, emotions, actions, and dreams are all energy and create an ever-changing blueprint/interface that attracts similar vibrations and frequencies to us for the purpose of learning, growing, expanding, evolving, etc. In an earlier post I wrote something to the effect of:

Without each other as mirrors, how could we reflect upon our projection?

Could we? It seems, from my perspective, the primary methods for inducing transformation and growth is through our interactions and our relationships; our ability to reflect upon the physical/mental/emotional/energetic projections we cast out into 'reality' and then say, "Who am I now?" to whatever form the mirror takes.
tayne33
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:27 am  Reply with quote

how do we know that the people (or things) we use a mirrors arent just projections of our own mind?

So we woud be refelcting on mirrors that are reflections of ourselves.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

We would be doing both, and all in between, we would be projecting onto mirrors that mirror ourselves to find validation and explanation, onto opposites for arguements and examination of ones own beliefs, and scores of things in between for a compilation of both of the above.

Basic point here, that we're looking for something when we preach our beliefs, in some way or another.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:56 pm  Reply with quote

it happens all the time in everybodies life, nearly everyday, but we dont necesarily see it,

everything we do/see/learn/think is always checked, and double checked, by ourselves, our friends our teachers, even strangers. People just automatically have to checked things just so our mind knows the "truth" and finds whatever it is plausible (i really cant spell at all)
so the whole world is kinda like a mirror......

but i wonder if we see the reflection, or are the reflection,?????
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:08 pm  Reply with quote

the Mirror complex.

You look into the mirror, and have to wonder... is the one in the mirror looking back at you?

and if so, who's real?

I know it's me, and yet, it might not be...

but if I know I'm the real one, than I'm the real one.

but what if my reflection knows that it's the real one? are we both real? CAN we be both real?
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:41 pm  Reply with quote

indeed, all i can do is agree and...........

hmm..............
*ponder that thought*
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:44 pm  Reply with quote

And with the mirror complex is the eternal question, if I walk away from the mirror, will i disappear, assuming that the person on the other side is the real one? Thats always a boggler to some.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:48 pm  Reply with quote

and what if you're both false, and yet both reflecting eachother?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

IF they both reflect each other then they are both one and the same, and yet entirely separate, makes sense? no?
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

OR maybe a mirror is just a shinny reflective surface which reflects the light and all the mirror is, is an image of us.......... just a theory,

ok sorry im in a sarcastic mood, i dont mean it...

but, i wish i was on the otherside of the mirror, cause i think i suit my fringe on the otherside my parting on the left not the right, the mirror image, i think i look nicer in the mirror..... so dus my best mate, he ses i shud change my hair cut so its flipped....

ANYWHO........ thats irrelevant
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:20 pm  Reply with quote

mmmm... clever thoughts everyone
im rather lost as to why this subject has come up, cause i only read the last page of replys... im sorry im lazy :is ashamed:
ive never quite understood the mirror theory or... proposition, whichever
but i do always enjoying thinking about something that has a bit to do with it:

light travels, right? and moving takes time? so...
Everything we see has already happened, and is already in the past.

just think about it... when you look in a mirror, that person youre looking at is already different from who you are, theyre juuuuust a bit younger
when you watch a soccer game, even if its live or even if youre on the sidelines! ...everything you see is already over and you cant do anything about it
AND!
the further away you are from the soccer game, the less and less acurate your present perception of it is. it may be acurate for what happened a second ago, but its not right, not right now! (wow... english = sucks)
and it gets less and less acurate the further and further away you are

to me thats a bit hard to consider at first, but its true (at least i think), and it bring me to the conclusion:
We make decisions in the present about the past to change the future, always.

but... there are those around here who would are we dont make sicisions at all, and we're just watching everything fly by
so... i dunno

hey! hows that for a welcome back post, eh?

thoughts, dissagreements, slaps in the face?
anyone?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:03 pm  Reply with quote

what about the blind, deaf and dumb? what about fencing, where almost every action that you make is in reaction with the feel of the blade? and it seems to me to be pretty dumb to make all your decisions based on vision anyways.

*Slaps Blue in the face*

I'll see you in Verbal Kung-fu!
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

haha you have 1111 posts
yea, i was just trying to compare things to a figureative sense
...guess it didnt work very well
:accepts slap willingly:

but... fencing.... reaction... what?
~DAn
Page 10 of 11
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next