FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:30 pm  Reply with quote

i think everthing that everyone experiences is somewhat shaded by what they think already and in what way they experience it
i think this can be applied to anything
even the things i am saying right now
thoughts? (sorry i had to steal it)
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:35 pm  Reply with quote

well, unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head. all thoughts are affected by prior knowledge and experience. weather the knowledge is correct, or weather the experience was positive, is the major factor behind most peoples ideas.

that is how it is, at least, until one becomes enlightened.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

ah steal all you want! but remember consequences are not MY responsibility *evil grin, followed my maniacal laughter*

ALLRIGHTY THEN! MOVING ALONG RAPIDLY! and i agree, you definitely hit the nail on the head. knowledge is relative and interpretive. or is it? is there a universal truth that cannot be debated that is impossible to find? or is it as simple as the meaning of life as said by the wisest of men, monty python?

i guess the chances of finding out before we die are the same as those before us, slim and nil, and slim just left town. or mabye nil just left town, and the chance is there, all we have to do is take it?
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:34 am  Reply with quote

hmm... well i guess what im saying is... wait... or is that what im saying? do I know what im saying? does ANYONE know?
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:43 am  Reply with quote

no one can truly know but you, unfortunately... or fortunately, perhaps.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:19 am  Reply with quote

but if he knows, how can he be sure he knows? and how can he be sure hes sure he knows? ACK! ITS A VICIOUS CYCLE! I THINK BECAUSE IM UNHAPPY, AND IM UNHAPPY BECAUSE I THINK!
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:12 pm  Reply with quote

i think it's more like "i am unhappy because i think i am unhappy"
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:54 am  Reply with quote

or maybe you're a fish in a net, struggling to get free, whilst your human manifestation is driven insane by something that it has no control over...

maybe not, but didn't that sound poetic?
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

if im a fish, who's holding the net?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:01 pm  Reply with quote

is there even a net? what if you simply believe that you are a fish caught in the net, and the net manifested accordingly. after all nobody knows the true potential of the mind, because we seem to have sealed most of its power off from fear or another reason.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:05 pm  Reply with quote

i guess if there's no spoon, then there's no net either is there
wait a minute, then there's no water either, what is there then? i guess theres other fish, but there might not be any other them either
maybe im the only thing there is, surrounded by nothing, does that make sense? (im asking)
Datura
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

Ahh, poor poor souls. Why do you believe that ideology (the "cloak" of perception) is bad? I mean, Marx did, but well, look at what the ramifications of his theories ended up doing to the world.

Anyway, Ideology is not a bad thing. It is used in the society and culture as a whole to allow us to interact civily without human culture breaking down into complete chaos. The same idea with spirituality being the mechanism that allows us to connect and interact with the universe without going insane.

If we did not perceive, we would not exist. If there were not physical limitations to humans, we would not exist, we would not have evolved. Physical limitations are not bad. Just because you senses are limited, does not mean you have to doubt the ones you have.

Ideology lets you interpret human existence and communication, which is integral to that existence. If there was no communication, there would be no thought, and, according to most philosophies, no I. Even the smallest of beings on this planet communicate in some form or another. The communication with others who exist is integral to building the I. lack of stimulation causes the I to die.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I'm a cultural studies student, so we have to read a shitload of stuff about Marx and Hall and Gramsci and Althusser which is all about ideology and stuff like this. :)
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:17 pm  Reply with quote

well i olny recognised one of those names and im only 15, so i guess i dont have as much say as you all, but id just like to throw in, that i never said that cloaked perception was a bad thing, i just said that we must remember that one cant ever be too sure of anything, because if we are, and what we believe turns out ot be wrong, well it might be hard to let go
Datura
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:20 pm  Reply with quote

I know Renegade, I was just patronising some of the other members. :D No harm meant.

Of course, if you become too set in your ways, you will never evolve.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

indeed, its like what we already discussed, what if only one person existed and the rest of the entire universe was simply their creation? its a very real possibility after all, and if that one man simply died or stopped thinking and creating, then we'd all just *poof* disappear. anyone else think this is a possibility?
Page 1 of 11
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme