FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:35 pm  Reply with quote

ah, too true... that's the way it is, it seems...but what about Buddism? just out of curiosity.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:49 pm  Reply with quote

Well there are always rights and wrongs to everything, right? Wrong? You decide!

*Flies into trashcan*
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:57 pm  Reply with quote

do i really decide? how can i?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:14 am  Reply with quote

Indeed you do! Just decide! Use whatever references needed and figure out the truth dammit! Its your life so make what you can of it!
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

but what if you cant make of it what you want??? what if everybody is governed by fate? a design for life and a design for death, you cant change it, no matter how much you try.....
myself, i dont believe it is, but what if fate does actually exist?? I woldn't know anyway, whats to say that fate made me type this website name into the computer randomly one bored night, register and here i am, what if this is my design, and yours and yet i am oblivious of it???

If you look back on your life, would you do it differently???
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

i look back on my life, and i wouldn't. i like who i am, and alot of good things happened to me, with alot of bad ones too. regret is such a foul thing, no regrets, no fear, no worries!

ahh, i'm so jaded sometimes.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:09 am  Reply with quote

You can do what you want differently, but I think an old poem of mine sums it up pretty well. Though a good deal of it's kinda ripped from the rythm of Green Day's "Hope You Had the Time of Your Life"

Another turn again,
A fork stuck in the road.
The leader says he's got,
No clue which way to go.
Just take a guess,
On this test known as life,
If it's wrong now,
It may be right in time.
It's something unpredictable,
But in the end turns right,
Thats the pure chaos,
Yet exciting thing,
Of life.

And you'll always ask yourself "would I do it differently if I had the chance to do it again?" It's our nature, and depending on the kind of person you are, the answer will be different. For me, the answer is, and hopefully will always be: Hell no, that's what made life fun!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

stop reiterating!

dammit
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

No! I refuse! I'll reiterate as much as I damn well please! Tis my right, just as it's yours to get annoyed!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:07 pm  Reply with quote

i'm not annoyed.

just yelling for yelling's sake.

WOO!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

*Flies into Trashcan*

But I reiterate again!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

wow, u just sang one of my all time favourite songs!!! its fate..hehehe

n.....e......way.......

I bought this wierd philisophical book the other day, i found it hdden behind all other books in an odd part of the bookshop, thats why i bought it i suppose, its dead small, you may have heard of it, its called the occulatum.

I dont know why im ritin about it in here, just convinient since i was gunna reply neway..........n e who!!

so this book is 4 or 5 dimensional, coz u can read it anyway and its exactly the same, and once u open it you can read it anyway again for different ways.

Its a book of enlightening phrases and you read 6 over 6 days and say is 6 times, 6 times a day ..............confusin at 1st but if u think bowt it its not.... iv bin doin it 4 5 days, is strange.

Coz we were on about perception n stuff in a nother board......
i told sum friends at school the phrases and wot i thought they meant, whilst they said it meant different things, everyone said something different, its really strange.
see wot u make of them:

day 1 - Chance and certainty are one (i thought fate)
day 2 - courage creates change within (in my dream i saw a circle of courage and change leading to arrogance because of too much courage)
day 3 - read well and your ememies will learn (keep your head down, your enemies will learn to ignore you, and not bully you etc)
day 4 - fight not against the tempest flow in it (i saw this as an evil thought, like dont stop the evil thing join it and destroy things along side it - a friend said the tempest could be a mother, and you should listen to her and respect her)
day 5 (today) - the lust of power grows in weakness (i aint got my head round this 1 yet, but it normally comes in my dreams)

so supposidly after 6 days you understand the 6 phrases and have enlightenment, thn you continue to read the book for another 6days to recive more enlightenment, till you fully understand each phrase the 1st time you read it.

(wow its like an essay, hope i dint bore you, ill keep you informed of phrases if you want to try it???)
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 7:40 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
day 1 - Chance and certainty are one (i thought fate)
day 2 - courage creates change within (in my dream i saw a circle of courage and change leading to arrogance because of too much courage)
day 3 - read well and your ememies will learn (keep your head down, your enemies will learn to ignore you, and not bully you etc)
day 4 - fight not against the tempest flow in it (i saw this as an evil thought, like dont stop the evil thing join it and destroy things along side it - a friend said the tempest could be a mother, and you should listen to her and respect her)
day 5 (today) - the lust of power grows in weakness (i aint got my head round this 1 yet, but it normally comes in my dreams)

1-well, everything's garunteed to be chance
2-courage does sometimes lead to arrogance, but not always. of course, when you're facing an enemy who glows with courage, (that's what courage does in my eyes, glows) they will seem arrogant. and alot of time for good reason.
3-but if you keep your head up and show kindness, you will make few (if any) enemies. i tried keeping my head down when i was younger. i had to beat a few people down.
4-this might just be me speeking here, but i'll kick that tempest's ass before i flow with it.
5-well, if you've hit rock bottom, there's no where to go but up. but ALSO, only those who are weak truly wish to be dominant.and those that are strong (and really are dominant) normally don't care.

eh?
eh?
eh?

yup.[/quote]
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

yeah so u av different views.....
todays saying was:

Day 6: blame others and you curse yourself (speaks 4 itself really dunnit)

so hopefully i will have greater enlightenment tomorrow!! hmm

its "another turning point,
a fork stuck in the road,
time graps you by the wrist directs you were to go,
so take the best from this test and dont ask why,
its not a question but a lesosn learnt in time!!"

Y do i sing it differently to beest???????
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:17 pm  Reply with quote

Well I wasn't singing the song, but the poem I wrote ripped from it! And the sixth day saying does fit VERY well I must say...especially in this day and age!
Page 2 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme