Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
why must you think?

Why must you do anything?

Master Plan vs No Master Plan.

Descartes, no matter what, had a fundamental belief in a master plan. So for someone like me, who doesn't, his ponderings sound like a bunch of wanky shite that eventually led him to fall into an "Evil Genie/Gnostic" trap and just made him look like a fool.

Sorry, but I loathe Descartes.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:43 pm  Reply with quote

just because you dont believe in it doesnt mean you cant read and try to understand it. i myself know that i am a flaming liberal in many ways, but also a flaming conservative at the same time. i think we should all shut the hell up and live peacefully, but also not abandon our roots and conform to one lifestyle.

i dont read much philosophy, because i like believing what i can create. descartes also isnt something that i believe in, because i myself live one day at a time, no more, no less. its just easier that way.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:45 pm  Reply with quote

perhaps, and perhaps we are not being at all...

perhaps we all are only thinking, and we arent 'am'...

okay, that wasn't worded right, but you get the idea...

perhaps...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:51 am  Reply with quote

but if we arent, then what are we? are we mere figments of our own creation? or are we simply whatever we choose to be? thoughts?
Enigma
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

I think therefore I gain Identity, I gain Identity therefore I am One, I am One therefore I question, I question therefore I ponder my existence, I ponder therefore I realize Nihilism, I realize Nihilism and I do not exist.
I think therefore I am not anymore.
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:32 pm  Reply with quote

nightbeest77 wrote:
i myself know that i am a flaming liberal in many ways, but also a flaming conservative at the same time. i think we should all shut the hell up and live peacefully, but also not abandon our roots and conform to one lifestyle. ...

So how does that make you a conservative? And so that just means we shouldnt discuss issues at all because it makes people uncomfortable?

HA! I don't think so... You can't have "shutting the hell up and living peacefully" without "abandoning roots and conforming".
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:23 am  Reply with quote

once again, how do you know we cant? hmmmm?????? you never know.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:30 pm  Reply with quote

why abandon your roots...flower them!

take an idea, brood therein, try it out, and make it your own...

i know i'm being very Emmerson-esque, but he had some good ideas...which i have changed to form my own truth...

he may have been one of the largest hypocrite in the history of the U.S., but he had some good thoughts...

just jumping off topic real quick...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

hey, hipocracy works pretty well! i mean look at our government! *snicker*

and he does have some damned good ideas. oh, and this reminds me of a question that i had:

hippocritic moments and paradoxes, is there a difference? (my answer after other people respond)
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 10:15 pm  Reply with quote

no

simple as that.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:04 am  Reply with quote

very good, now comes the next question:

are they good, bad, or is the case subjective?

ill go ahead and answer this time first. its subjective. since good or bad can come from paradoxical hipocracy (i think that actually cancels each other out....) it depends on the person/peoples utilizing them
Datura
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:12 am  Reply with quote

nightbeest77 wrote:
once again, how do you know we cant? hmmmm?????? you never know.

No, but we make educated guesses and they work pretty well.

Good and bad are subjective simulated trained ideas. That doesn't make them inherently "evil" in themselves (a paradox in itself) just, well, subjective simulated training. :)
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:32 am  Reply with quote

subjective simulated training indeed, however training and the real thing are two entirely different things, one must remember that.
Datura
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 5:48 pm  Reply with quote

nightbeest77 wrote:
subjective simulated training indeed, however training and the real thing are two entirely different things, one must remember that.

Are they?

We are trained to see the universe in certain ways, we are told a higher being is real, we can be convinced that there are real souls speaking to us from another state of being, we convince our bodies that placebo pills are real (there's not many other females on this board is there? Hmm, well, if any of you men understand the pill, you'll understand what I'm talking about) we are trained to know that certain ways of living are more real than others, yet some that seem less real are better for us physically, mentally and emotionally, and some are more intense when they are less real.

What is genetic programming but a biological form of training chemicals to react and chain together in certain ways? What is language but a completely simulated form of communication, and yet it is so real (we're having the conversation, aren't we?) ?

Since when are the subjective and objective anything but simulated polar opposites to illustrate a point? I used the word subjective in my explanation to suggest it was an individually embodied system, yet the individual is a construct of the wider system of interaction and vice versa.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:49 pm  Reply with quote

while we may be trained to view it one way, once we experience it we can change out views accordingly, unless you actually want to be stuck believing one thing for the rest of your life, which would throw us back to midieval (sp) times and all would really go to a lot of shit!

however even educated guesses have their flaws, and you should be able to tell that from their name: GUESSES
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme