FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

interesting thought, what if you arent really falling down the rabbit hole away from reality, but up the rabbit hole towards it? this is a reminder of the reawakening of the imagination that happened during the late 20th and early 21st century, when people began to become less and less afraid of what the mind was capable of.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:57 am  Reply with quote

that is a rather interesting thought, and seems to be more true than anything.

Rabbits go down their holes to escape from the dangers of the surface, are forced down by predators, to hide comfortably while the rest of the world passes over them. the same with the matrix. we are forced into a state of surrealness, hiding from the real world in our rabbit holes. the only real way to be enlightened is to reach the top of the rabbit hole, and see what's really outside in the world.

even now, we are in rabbit holes. protecting ourselves from the truth, whatever it may be. at least most of us are, but the select few such as many at this site, crave the truth. and if there is no truth, then there you have it, that's the truth we wanted.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

precisely what i was thinking of! and another thing that just crossed my mind is this: what if "wonderland" is the real world and the "real world" was actually the matrix? its consistent with the theories that weve been posting here, and one cannot help but wonder about something like that. i think thats definitely one of the many ways that one can view the movies. thoughts?
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

no, silly! you view the movies with your eyes!

anyways, what if? if the matrix was the real, and the real world was false, than what would really happen? so does this mean that the Machines havn't really taken over? and if the Real world is false, do the machines exist, or are they just a figment of humanity's imagination, a play ground for the 'enlightened' or the semi-enlightened? perhaps it's kind of like a game of 'capture the flag' except you play against the machines...

or perhaps not.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

what WOULD happen? ill tell you: whatever you wanted to happen. after all, alice was able to leave her dream world and come back to what she thought was real, and can probably do the converse (meaning going back for those of you who dont know what the !@#$ im saying). its just like what Morpheus and co. do in the movies, they go in and back out trying to find something they are looking for.

And another thought on this is, based on what trinity says in the first movie, its the question that drives us mad. perhaps the real world is what happens when the question DOES indeed drive the person mad? do they simply go to another area of existance, or something else?
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:33 am  Reply with quote

i do believe in mass manifest, i.e. if enough people believe, than i exists... to a point.

perhaps that is what is happening.
The Er
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:30 am  Reply with quote

Truely, all that is real is our perception of reality.
If i live all my life inside the matrix, and never even know that it exist, does it make my life any less real to me, for it is only our perception of reality that makes it true.
Purpose
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:03 am  Reply with quote

Your perception of reality is real to you. No one can change that. What is real? Is living in the matrix more real then living in the real world. Why?

That's what i can't work out.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:09 am  Reply with quote

It can be more or less real. its whatever you choose to make it, if you in fact believe you can.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:37 pm  Reply with quote

The mind makes it real...

i stand by that...

why?

because my mind says i do, and therefore...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

PRECISELY! you hit the nail on the head! kudos once again!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:35 pm  Reply with quote

you callin' me a roofer?

cause i ain't no roofer...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:03 pm  Reply with quote

its an analogy.....but i can damn well call you a roofer if i think youre one! so THERE!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

aha! a new question!

you said you can call me a roofer if you THINK i'm one...

so WHOSE mind makes 'it' real? mine or yours, in this case.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

its like what i heard while watching NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion) it was something along the lines of:

"There are paradigms of different versions of you, the ones in the head of various people, and the one in your mind, and a whole host of others that are throughout both"

it sums up pretty well that question, got any harder ones?
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme