FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:18 pm  Reply with quote

based on what i brought about in another thread, i thought id start this up here. if indeed the "real world" of the matrix is another level OF the matrix, then indeed one has to wonder, is enlightenment even possible?

since they worked for all that time and so long and hard, they have not even progressed at all? this is a remarkable concept, indeed. "the one" has just gained more power outside of what was recognized as the matrix, his captor.

if this is indeed the case, then he just has to become MORE enlightened, and then after that EVEN MORE SO! its an endless cycle, another circle pattern that humanity follows in its endless cycle of repetitions.

and if thats true, are we just all stark raving mad attempting to converse our insanity and make us feel less isolated and more normal?

any other thoughts on this? after all, its just another possibility along the road.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:01 am  Reply with quote

anything is possible.

that's all.

unfortunately, i can't think of anything right now.

and you'r a punk for breaking one hundred posts.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

*sniffle* thats so cruel. and thats actually what i knew you were going to say, since it was you who originally brought up the idea of nothing being possible, since anything is possible. but, if nothing is possible, then why try anything? thats another piece of the pie right there.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:38 pm  Reply with quote

it's a puzzle and an answer, unfortunately.

and you're still a punk.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:44 pm  Reply with quote

perhaps, but theres one thing that sums it up pretty well. hope. its what humans do and need to do just to get along in a world like this. think about it, if i didnt have hope for us or just myself, would i even be typing this right now?

i myself think theres no puzzle, but since hope and ignorance being bliss can sometimes be interchanged, im waiting for hostile repsonses.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:38 am  Reply with quote

hope and ignorance is the not the same, but can be moderately interchangeable. of course, it is very simple to tell the difference.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:51 am  Reply with quote

it depends, i mean take religious fanatics for example. even in light of all the discoveries, they still choose to believe certain things blindly. in their ignorance of all that has happened, they are happy, and they probably hope that they are actually right.

take die hard scientists for example too. they are so convinced that things without evidence dont exist that religion is just a fake moneymaking hoax to them.

i think i might have said this already in another thread, but neither side is truly right on this, because they dont play both sides of the equation, now what have we learned from them, class?
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:05 am  Reply with quote

*rasies his hand*

that religion, well, it's bad...

and that science, well, it's bad too?

nah, just kidding. but we do need to learn to look at all things with an open mind, and then try and apply what we see to our every day lives, as it pertains to them.

oh, by the way, Justin Jones is dumb!

yes, justin, i'm talking to you.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:16 am  Reply with quote

heh, exactly, someitmes we just gotta shut up and listen to everyone else for a while. and i guess justin is one of the various "ihatethoths" that signed up, right?

however think about it again, if all people DID in fact get along, wouldnt life be pretty boring? i actually do understand how the machines made the acceptable matrix to have pain as well as pleasure. sometimes you need conflict to survive, after all, think about the phrase "survival of the fittest" (which darwin actually didn't say, but a man giving a critique on his work) maybe thats just a vital requirement for humans, thoughts?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:58 am  Reply with quote

well, without conflict and pain, life would be pretty boring. no swords, no guns, no lasers... and what about Superman? without Darkside to fight, that would be pretty boring too. 'no pain, no gain' is what everyone always says. i for one think that just about sums it up.

and Justin didn't make an 'ihatethoth' name, or a 'TH0th_lies' name either, he's just a buddy of mine.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:46 pm  Reply with quote

whats more important, entertainment or harmony? chaos or order? i guess its just another personal preference, once again! there are SO many choices that you can make!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:36 am  Reply with quote

hmm... do i want my new glasses to be red or green? and how about that antenna deal they have? only 45 dollars for alien hunting software! what a deal!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

or neon black, or purple! and that alien hunting software's nothin, i got free trans dimensional warpgates with mine!
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:26 pm  Reply with quote

yeah but think of it this way, you cant have pain without pleasure, it is impossible, there is an opposite to everything, or else why would there be anytjing, it there was no pain how would we know what pleasure was, and vice versa, if we feared nothing we wouldnt know what love was and vice versa, so its impossible.

Quote:
are we just all stark raving mad

dno bout me, but you are!!!! hehehe onli jokin

ye, so if there was no pain, there would be not pleasure, because wed have nothing to compare it to, without oxymorons (cool word, but i think its in the wrong context) there would be nothing, no one would feel anything, we'd all be machines, and fulfil our 'battery' destiny.
you cant have one without the other!!!!
simple as.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme