Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:17 am  Reply with quote

are you a martyr
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:45 am  Reply with quote

not at all.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:28 pm  Reply with quote

Well i'll just skip right to the worst death part, drowning isnt so bad because its almost instantaneous, once the airs all gone so are you, if you're stabbed then you feel the pain and slowly bleed to death, and that's just NOT my cup of tea.
TheMan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:43 am  Reply with quote

drowing is NOt instantaneous...
have you ever choked food before? like, bad? well i have. Believe me, time slows down...you break out in a sweat almost autmatically, you're heart races...its horrible...drowning is a whole lot worse because you never recover.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 am  Reply with quote

...its more instantaneous than bleeding to death slowly from a seemingly nonlthal stab wound.

And drowning would be faster than choking...you cant even partially suck in air like you usually can with choking, and you can sometimes force it back up. If you're drowning then you CANT because theres nothing to help do it.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:30 pm  Reply with quote

Drowning's not instantanious. and neither is bleeding to death.
TheMan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:38 am  Reply with quote

I suppose that's true beest...but taht's kinda how ppl are. Its like phobias;tehy are highly irrational, but people can still be a fraid of waffles.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:32 am  Reply with quote

and then, you don't need to be afraid of anything, if you exert your will over yourself. all anything requires is will and work. "where there's a will, there's a way" comes tom mind.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:43 am  Reply with quote

...well like i remember saying before, if you think you can overcome the bullet flying at you skull feel free to try, but you cant really mess up if you want to try again...thats the other side of that statement!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:51 am  Reply with quote

good point beest,

drowning can be slow or instantaneous..... like in deep water you just have no air and suffocate, quickly, or you could be swimming and be exhausted, and drown slowly...... so many possibilities, its too hard to give a time to how long it takes to drown!!!!

my worst death....... i dunno, maybe burning, or burried alive.......

i kind of fear death itself.....i dont like thinking about what happens to me when i die.....

do i just dissapear, or do i have a spirit which lives on???
that thought to me is very VERY scary,
im not scared of dying, just scared of death.

anyone else feel this????
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:12 pm  Reply with quote

I understand your fear regarding death....it is, after all, the ultimate mystery found within life, an inevitable event which we all are heading towards. Meditating on the impermanance of our lives is actually a powerful practice. When we understand, deeply, how rare and special it is to be alive, here and at this very moment, we live life more fully. We are also able to have greater compassion for others; knowing that they too will no longer be here on Earth. I've read that Tibetans spend their entire lives contemplating their own moment of death, and thus, are truly and consciously 'alive' by contrast.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

hmm.... ive never actually thought of life like that, that everybody else in this world will die too.... well, i understood that they would, but it just sort of put it into context then...... wow, wierd
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:17 pm  Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting, but if you spend your whole life contemplating your final moments, then whats to live for other than that so exhaustively contemplated death? i mean it seems to me that not pondering too much about it, especially not your whole life, would be a much better way to wind up, because then you'd just be living for the 'now' as it were. Oh well guess its just me.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:47 pm  Reply with quote

A couple things I'd like to throw out there.

I just got back from working at the local Boy Scout camp, and I asked my fellow co-worker "Ya know, you've been dying for sixteen years, how do you feel about that?" and he replied to me "But I've also been living for sixteen years".

take it as you want it.

and here's another thing Sky, not only will everyone alive eventually join you in death, but everyone who's lived is waiting for you. it's not frightening. it's not mysterious. it's just something everyone does eventually. or at least, supposedly do eventually...

but I'm sure that THAT's another thread.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

That is the interesting point. While one dies every day, one also lives every day, and living leads to death. It's actually a very simple truth, but not many people actually think about it that way.

And the fact that everyone who ever existed awaits meeting your in an afterlife is an incredible thing, a glorious thing i feel. Think of being able to associate with the greatest people in history, even in just casual conversation, how remarkable a feeling that would be.
Page 7 of 8
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme