50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

You were brought up like that because that was the way the change happened. You might not have been born it all if a different sperm did crawl and you did breast stroke. It begins and ends with the way that you decide to raise your children.

Well here, there, and nowhere is where you will be. I guess that (like im so fond of saying) You'll be wherever you want to.

And yes, thats always a fun thing to do, but then again, sometimes the results you come up with are awful.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:08 pm  Reply with quote

and sometimes they're wonderful. I get alot of neat ideas wondering what the world would be like without me. and also what would have caused me to not be me. it's very strange.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:24 pm  Reply with quote

I personally abhor those thoughts, after all it was the chance that you were born at all in the first place, or perhaps you in sperm form decided to pack an outboard motor with you. THATS an interesting thing to contemplate there.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

well, I try and use the ideas i get from such thinking on storeys and poems and other such media (songs. woo!)

but why abhorr any thoughts? openmindedness is a good thing, although it is good to take things with a grain of sand... or salt.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:46 pm  Reply with quote

My point is what would have happened if I had been born with different traits, or adopted by different parents, would i have even a fraction of what i have today? would what i have today be a fraction of what i could have had? I'll probably never ever know. What would those i know now and have influenced be like without my ever being here. What then? What if the world i love and live in became a living hell in terms of what i follow now. Thats why i abhor the thoughts, even if it does remind me of how lucky I am.
TheMan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:06 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, on that thing about contemplating what its like to die...
I know what u mean man...I just cannot imagine not existing after I die. Whenver I think about dying, I imagine its like closing my eyes...just nothing but total darkness. BUt I know even that isnt accuratea, because when you're dead, you're DEAD. You can't see total darkness because your eyes dont work. You can't think "hmm, so this is what dying is," because you don't have a mind to attach it to. THat's the scientific way of looking at it, anyway. I think that's why people have beliefs on life after death, because it is truly frightening encounter. DEATH: the final frontier!!
(Star Trek Music) hehe. I am definitely one of those believers!
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:29 pm  Reply with quote

If you COULD imagine, truly imagine it, then you may be able to sustain that sort of dimensionless, empty, nothingness state immediatley following death (the void/cosmic womb of Unmanifest). Or you could integrate back into your higher, multi-dimensonal self with new wisdom, knowledge, and information regarding the physical realm. Or create an infinite number of other hypothetical scenarios....there's really no limit unless we apply one.

Perhaps the after-death experience is directly dependant the culmination and depth of the life-experience we live? How do we approcah death...with fear of the unknown or deep peace about the transition? What happens when we die is partially part of what it means to be a creative essence in the Universe...that we, in essence, create the next phase according to the maturity of our understanding of energy, love, emotion, imagination, movement, etc. from that NOW of death.
TheMan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

if that's so, then I dont think I would be, "graded highly" on the How to DEal with Death Test. Sure, I could talk about how if I were to be at the end of my life and stasfied with everything, then I would go out peacefully. But as we all know, saying one thing is quite different from doing it.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:59 pm  Reply with quote

Yes, talk is talk....but I believe that it's not so much a test as a 'potential' growing pain. In utero the growing child inevitably feels a certain amount of resistance to the birth process, a movement into the unknown just as valid as what happens at the end of our lives.

In labor, a woman can give birth to a child quickly or it may take days. The birth can be painful and tramatic or a blissful, estatic state of emerging from one into two separate beings. I really think it all depends on the level of maturity of the 'soul' who's moving to the next juncture of 'existence', whatever or wherever that may be.

Some cultures spend and live their entire lives preparing for that NOW moment of trancendance through death (Tibetans).
TheMan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:18 pm  Reply with quote

interesting thought. whether the baby wants to be born or not, or whether we want to die or not, its not really a factor. It would just be easier if we went with the natural flow of life...but the question is HOW???
another interesting note...healty babies cry when they come out, right? maybe we're SUPPOSED to feel a bit of trauma at our deaths, for some reason. I dunno, just a thought.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

One way I've found is to honor the cycles of nature....the Earth Mother and her movements. The following techniques work for me when I do them:

Meditating deeply on the sounds of Nature
Deep breathing around lots of power spots (waterfalls, oceans, lakes, mountains, forests)
Communicating on an essence level with the animals, minerals, and plant life around.
Observing and synching the body's glandular rhythms with the cycles of the moon & sun. (understanding the power of gravity and the yearly energetic cycles of the body)
Growing your own food with love and having gratitude for the energy it brings one.

I've found if I don't get out camping at least once a month, I'm troubled....especially in this fast paced world.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:34 pm  Reply with quote

I love camping. such a treat to be out and about in the more primal areas, even 'tamed' areas. I don't go camping nearly as much as once a month, but it doesn't leave me 'troubled'. I mean, there's nature right out in my back yard. a rather wide field up the road, and a small stretch of woods down it. and I live in the midst of a semi-busy city, although my area is rather quiet.

and as for death, it's gonna come weather we like it or not, and it may come when we least expect it. I'm not sure weather I'd want it to come suddenly or without warning, or weather I'd prefer to see it coming. but then, (short of suicide) I don't have too much of a choice... sometimes, things just work in a 'bad' way.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:49 am  Reply with quote

what is the worst way that you can think of to die????

wierd question i know, but im just a little curious.............
TheMan
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

I would say drowning...trying to breathe but only sucking in water...then choking on the water, causing you to gasp more and suck in more water...it sounds very scary.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:16 am  Reply with quote

Hmm... the worst way to die, I think, would by my own hands. but as for actual method, probably being completely immobilized and killed, while I knew it was happening.

on the flip-side, I think the best way to die would (believe it or not) be in battle. I don't know why, but it's very appealing to me. as far as dying goes, at least.
Page 6 of 8
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme