50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

so you're saying that the mind can't exist without being contained? doesn't sound like a free mind at all...
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

i'm confused... Neo separating mind and body? was this in revolutions? i didnt see it.....
right...
how could your mind stay active after you die?
thats the definition of being dead: no brain activity
i dont get it...
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:02 pm  Reply with quote

no BRAIN activity, not 'no mind activity'. I think the mind lives on after the body is deceased, along with the other ethreal, incorporeal, untouchable stuff.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:51 pm  Reply with quote

if it lives on after death, how long does it live?
ugaugauga ...igor say forever
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:57 pm  Reply with quote

I'd say forever... or at least that's my take on the matter... that the mind goes on for eternity... or until it feels like resting.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

iv ofen thought about this..... what happens when we die???
my conclusion:
our body decays or what ever, like cremated etcetc, but our soul, which is only our mind, just with a different name for extra confusion, goes on and on and on and on, for like...ever. maybe we get reincarnated, and our soul 're-used', but in our life our brain doesnt realise. Because i think our brain and mind are completely different things, dont know why but hey....
so, our sould is our core, and when i watched the matrix i decided our body is in the matrixand our soul is the part in the real world, or was it the other way round??? no, thats the right way. Maybe.... what if its not? well im over the what if (sort of) so this is my idea newho....
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:15 pm  Reply with quote

yea, kind of a more specific version of mine. the mind/soul/core goes on and on and on, and maybe it's reused, and maybe it's just there, but it's there nonetheless... until it decides not to be. thoughts?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:25 am  Reply with quote

Scientifically speaking, neurons can keep firing in your brain for up to two weeks after you die, it takes a while for the electricity to disspate from it.

And read the whole freaking post thoth, I already answered that question!
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:43 am  Reply with quote

dont be mean beest....

I think it could decide not to if it want, i have to go and set the table for tea now.... ok, end of post!!!
i think ill edit this later!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:29 pm  Reply with quote

I did read the whole thread, Beest. and I didn't ask any question... just asked for more thoughts. so there. and why do you have to set the table for tea, out of curiosity?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:51 am  Reply with quote

fine fine, i'll let ya have that one, and one sets the table because old habits die hard perhaps?
Sky
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:03 pm  Reply with quote

its one of my jobs in the house, i but a table cloth and knives and forks on the table so we can eat.......

newho, what was this about again?? oh ye mind and brain

if you wanted you could switch off, but what would happen then eh?? where would you go?? would you just ciese (sp) to exist?? to me that is very wierd....

i ofen wonder about who i am, and how odd it is for me to be here right now, looking through my eyes, and how i got here, and how my brain works, and why i am actually here on this earth in the middle of space, and why i have to learn, and get a job, and wear clothes, and earn money, and why i do all these things i do.....

is there really a point or a meaning behind all of this??
why do we all do it??
why do we feel the need to earn money, and wear clothes, and develop tvs and computers???

places like africa and you lot in america sem so far away from my world, yet we are all in this world, in one world, leading different lives.

what for??
what is the purpose??
why do we??
how do we??

(mostly rhehtorical (sp) questions so never mind, they can never be answered)
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

switch off? what do you mean? and I think beest is right aobut the table setting deal.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:02 am  Reply with quote

And Skys questions can each be answered in a simple way: the way we were raised. Its only half about what you can create, its what you experience that allows you to choose the path.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:21 pm  Reply with quote

yes but why??? why was i brought up like this, because my mum was, and her mum, and her mum and so on etcetc.... where does it begin, and where will it end????

is there a beginning and is there an end, everything that has a beginning has an end, maybe it has neither.....??

and i meant switch off in the way that like our souls will die, and where will we go.... will i just never be here, i will always be here though, because if i wasnt then i wouldnt be here now......

do you not feel wierd whenever you think about never existing, and about just being nothing and disappearing, you cant really can you????

its.......its.....hmm, its a really daunting feeling, dont you agree, and if not..... why??
Page 5 of 8
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme