FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply destiny and causality <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

For fighting for what they believe in?

That is the question I pose to you today. A great example that can be used is the whole scandal about prisoners of war being treated as subhumans and the sum of the universe.

I dont argue that the killing of people in war is inevitable, however after one is captured, that individual deserves to retain the full rights of a person, not be forced into lude acts of any nature against their will.

Even hitler's troops deserved this, for though the man backing them was a dictator with all the aspirations of world domination, he was able to captivate his people and motivate them behind him. Instead of simply accusing them all of various war crimes and burning them at the stake, one simply needs to show them the consequences of their actions, explain their side of the conflict, and let them address their take on it with both sides in mind.

Perhaps i'm just being a bit anti-cruelty anti-suffering right now, but i believe that this is a much better way of dealing with prisoners of any conflict as opposed to jail then death.

Anyway...questions? comments? snide remarks?

*opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:35 pm  Reply with quote

Here's where I stand there. If you fight for what you believe in, you know the consequences of fighting against someone else that's fighting for what they believe in.

You know full well that you may be jailed and killed, and if you continue to fight, than that is the price of your conviction. Now as far as treatment is concerned, I agree that death is harsh, and servicemen who are captured should be sent back to their homes, but only after the war is finished. Why? Well, that's like disarming a thug and giving them their sword back.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:32 pm  Reply with quote

However, who decided the consequences? Where were we when they were written, and why can't we change them? And it might not be tactical to free captured opponents, they at least deserve to have more than limited freedom around the area they are temporarily housed in.

Again with my pro human nature stuff, but regardless.

*Opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

If you're fighting the war, you'd better know what you've got yourself into.

And as they say,

"War is hell."
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme