FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Er
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:07 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
yes, i chose to trust. its a part of what i also belive about humans being better than we give ourselves credit for. and besides, i'd rather trust and be decieved than live in total isolation, what about you? after all, in the end we're only human, our greatest strength and greatest weakness.

I certainly agree with NightBeest in relation to a basic trust in life, but i don't believe humans are as great as we're made out to be. We may be better to each other than we believe, but as for life in general, we take it for granted to a disturbing extent.
Really why should we put our existance over that of any other form of life?
Some sugest that it's our sentincy (Don't even assume that's spelt right) that sets us appart, but other animal are also self-aware, i mean almost any form of life will try and continue it's own existance, and in most cases feal the enevitable pain of death, so why should our death mean so much more?

Just voicing an opinion, as to the drinking, well i certainly won't complain about being offered alchohol, but i do drink in moderation.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

great or horrible, godlike or peons, whatever the case may be, we are what we are! at least for now, anyway. if any of you can move beyond this plane, drop me a line, ive begun to realize that what i enjoy really would be a huge reason to keep me from being "logged out" of the matrix. i love exploring the idea, but recently ive become aware that i really am too dependent on the system. The rules and order DO offer that sense of security and safety. Maybe one day. maybe one day. Thats all we can really hope for in the end.

and why does death mean so much more? because its a plane that we are unable to explore at present! because its a great thing to explore.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

you assume it is, and i'll assume with you. and this brings up a great song i'd like to bring to everyone's attention: Free Four by Pink Floyd (so i like Floyd, so sue me) and here's my favorite line from it:

"Life is a short warm moment
and death is a long cold rest
you get a single try, in the twinkling of an eye
eighty years with luck or even less"

that and the repeating:

"The memories of a man in his old age
are the deeds of a man in his prime
you shuffle in gloom in the sick room
and talk to yourself as you die"

i'll let that sink in. just for a moment.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:25 pm  Reply with quote

and you always have to remember:

you dont tug on supermans cape,
you dont spit into the wind,
you dont pull the mask off the old lone ranger
and you dont mess around with slim.

(i hope someone manages to pull the question out of the usual place after i turn around so that i dont have to waste time posting it myself)
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:27 pm  Reply with quote

not really the same thing... your example was a list of Do's and Dont's (really, just Dont's) and mine was an explination of what life is, and that one should make the best of it. so there.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

and if you know the song, then you realize that the verse changes in it! from "you dont mess around with jim" to "you dont mess around with slim"! my list shows how things change from time to time, even if they seem impossible! by the way, the songs "you dont mess around with jim" by Jim Croce, great song, get it!
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 6:17 pm  Reply with quote

i have that album somewhere... cant member where it is though... and things do change, but put that for/against the thread, boy! come on, what are you waiting for? do it!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:56 am  Reply with quote

cmon, you should know by now

you dont tug on neos coat,
you dont fight with the agents, see
you dont pull, the shades of good old morphy
and you DONT mess around with beest!

except the people here of course......*shizah*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

no, that's a clever rewrite... but i guess it'll fly for now...

what i meant was, put it in the form of an arguement/agreement. or i'll fence you... with a bunch of two-by-fours
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:24 am  Reply with quote

okay, the arguement is that even though it might not seem possible, never underestimate the impossible. besides it goes along with the belief that everyoe will get whats coming to them eventually.
Purpose
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:45 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Really why should we put our existance over that of any other form of life?
Some sugest that it's our sentincy (Don't even assume that's spelt right) that sets us appart, but other animal are also self-aware, i mean almost any form of life will try and continue it's own existance, and in most cases feal the enevitable pain of death, so why should our death mean so much more?

Just voicing an opinion, as to the drinking, well i certainly won't complain about being offered alchohol, but i do drink in moderation.

Without thinking beyond the square that is correct but think about the fact that one human can save millions of bugs from death (i won't have to make an example - you can think of one) but one bug probably couldn't save millions let alone 1.

And to the drinking thing, you don't drink you idiot.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:15 pm  Reply with quote

but does that really make us any more important? i mean, so what if one person can save millions of bugs... that doesn't mean we WILL. and as for the one bug saving one person... it can, actually. i mean leeches save people every day (leech therapy) and there's always the possipility that an incredibly heavy horsefly lands on the big green button that shuts off the nuke that was aimed at California and the Governator's mansion. eh? eh?
Purpose
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:25 am  Reply with quote

The human saving bugs is more likely than bugs stopping a nuke.

eh?
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:43 am  Reply with quote

yes, more likely... but so is a man dying when he falls off of a ten story building... and yet there have been cases of people falling as such, landing 'perfectly' as it were, and walking away. fun, eh?
Purpose
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:24 pm  Reply with quote

Probably.

Eh?
Page 4 of 7
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme