FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply aldous huxley <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:31 pm  Reply with quote

Well i'm probably preaching to the choir here, but nontheless! I firmly believe that we can increase our perceptions over time. It, like all things, requires simple practice and experience to become more adept at it.

hmm...now i'll pose a question: do you believe there is a limit to how perceptive we can become?

Interestingly enough, i'm inclined to say there is, but hear me out! there is some technicality that i'm working with here. I believe we can become as adept at perception as we allow ourselves to become. there are probably quite a few people who believe that, after a certain point, there is no farther one can advance. It is those who can move beyond that point that can truly accomplish seemingly inhuman things.

I think this is a good way to wind up the postin spree I embarked on so finally (for now) thoughts?

*opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:20 pm  Reply with quote

So in order to advance, you must realize that there is no where else to go.

In order to break down the wall, you must first realize there is no way around it.

Am I right?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:07 pm  Reply with quote

No no no, but close!

In order to advance, one must realize there is a place to advance to.

In order to break down the wall, one must realize that it is not unbreakable.

Simply wrapping one's mind around the alternative perspective of looking at an obstacle.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 pm  Reply with quote

but then, there is somewhere to advance to. Even the when you get to the top, you can climb higher, just by realizing there is nowhere else to go.

Therefore, there is nowhere and everywhere to go.

I like it.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:53 pm  Reply with quote

id say you could only advance higher if you believed there was somewhere higher to go, but thin air..... it takes a lot to believe fully that it can be done... we've been so taught in the way that if you walk off the end of a cliff, you fall to the ground and die,

and so its soooo sooooo difficult to get that 1 minor doubt out of you head that you will always crash and fall the the ground,

being that positive about something is, well, it is unnatural, immpossible.....??? well i would say so, i would always have that 1 doubt, and it would always hold be back... im sure any sane person would have the same doubt too
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Skys got the idea! What i was saying that there is only a limit to the advancement of perceptions if the person percieves a wall. If someone has mastered the art of detecting things around them, then they may not wish to train further, but someone else might reach this point, and want to be able to detect even more sublte things over a greater distance. In the end, it is a truly remarkable little barrier that ive conjured up to discuss.

But its like sky said, if you can get that ONE minor doubt that one can keep climbing over the skyscraper and strait into the air, then one can accomplish just that! and so ends my latest rant on that little tiny doubt.

*opinions subject to change without notice*
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:20 pm  Reply with quote

totally agree

yeah

rock on

woo

ok im done
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:37 pm  Reply with quote

oh, I got it the first time.

I still like it.