FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply dualism and the nature of existence: taoism to descartes <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 pm  Reply with quote

And so it falls to me after three strenuous hours of physical exertion that I want discussion back in this burnt out hole. i say again: it begins anew!

Upon thinking about it some more, it becomes truly interesting. I've come to ponder if one is both in a sense. Regardless of what state they maye be experiencing, perhaps the individual is neither, assuming one form during one state of conciousness, and another upon exiting the former.

Oh, and since signatures are still disabled, i'll just put it here, and lets get thinkin everyone!

*opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:09 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps you could expound upon this thought a little more... I have no idea what you're on about.

Yep.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

What I was saying was, what if we are neither, during our the hours that we would consider "awake" we take on the body of humans, and during the hours we consider sleep we take on the form of the butterfly.

It's not only limited to those two forms either, but thats the general gist of what i was trying to say. It was a difficult thing to put out in words on little sleep and extreme physical fatigue, so hopefully that does somethin!

thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

ah. So you say that when we sleep, we escape the body, and become something else.

Perhaps our dreams are not in our minds, but somewhere else. Maybe in another place seen through our skewed ethreal eyes. Maybe in a different plane or dimension.

I tend to think it's all in our heads though. Or maybe it's both.

Maybe our comprehension of what we see is all framed by our minds. The stranger they are, probably, the more open the mind.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

hmm... that must mean i have a really open mind!!

well, lets see, my opinion of this changes.... i think it probably is all in our minds, but if i have a really strong in depth dream i sometimes wonder.... it feels so real, and maybe it wasnt a dream, sometimes i wish it wasnt but what if it is just real.... another dimension, or i dont know what... a programme?? like matrix stuff...

i guess we'll never know.....

this is my new outlook on life, what ever i may think or believe or wonder what may be real or true, i will never know...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

Or, conversely, is it everything you know? After all, all of your perceptions, dreams, any reality you choose to embark on, even if you may not be sure if it is all that exists, it is still everything you choose to know and experience! Just one of my quirkly little technicality observations here

thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:43 pm  Reply with quote

or not even what you want to know, but what you do know... or maybe what you don't know that you know.

Example, I sometimes find myself thinking about what would happen if I died, or if my friend died, or if my brother died, or all kinds of things like that, and then I always stop and think, "Why am I thinking about this?". But I always catch myself too late, as it were.
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:36 am  Reply with quote

Hmm.... ye, i think about that a bit, its not nice is it
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

The old favorite "what if" questions are truly remarkable as well, and actually really help if you want to step back and look at your life from the outside. (I've done this recently, and it's not the easiest of things to do, or the most painless, but I still reccomend it). Those simple little "what ifs" can give you a whole new perspective on things and help you see things you never thought possible before. Conversely they can make you paranoid and worry about things all the time, but if one can avoid the latter of these things, then one truly benefits from things in the long run. Not really topical to the original post, but still a good thing to say!

*Opinions subject to change without notice*
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:31 pm  Reply with quote

I agree.

Although I am one to tend to not worry.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme