FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2
New Post   Reply destiny and causality <- there is no spoon Forum Index
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote

And with that, BAM!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:10 am  Reply with quote

I've thought about this and i actually dont agree....

Music is a lot of different things to a lot of different people...
so some people singing about life and philosophy is so meaningful and shows emotions, to others singin about like fancyin a lad means more than that!!!

And I agree... youve just got to look deeper... maybe the person singing it doesnt feel that way, but someone wrote those words and music, and they felt it...

I love music I really do!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:39 pm  Reply with quote

I dont argue, I'm very biased towards new pop culture music, because as often as I try, all of my attempts to find deeper meanings contained within their songs have met with failure. I've only managed to dredge up desire for financial success.

I guess I'm caught up in my own preconcieved notions this time, but I've been getting better at looking at pop culture music subjectively these past few months, and have been able to see a lot more than I used to. "Time reveals all" as they say, and what not.

*Opinions subject to change without notice*
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:26 pm  Reply with quote

Looking back at my recent posts, I agree that I was rather hard-hitting. It's not -all- complete shit, but it is about 98.4% percent shit. Those other bits are the good bits, and even most of these keen, in some ways, to the draw of the mighty dollar.

as Rush once put it,

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music
But glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity."
Page 2 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme