FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply destiny and causality <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:24 am  Reply with quote

What are you striving to do? To be? What are your plans in the near future? I'm interested.

And of course, it's never right to do this without answering first.

My life's three goals are to
1: Cut at least 2 albums
2: Write a book and get it published.
3: Write a movie and get it made.

I'm aspiring to start a band and the like, and in the not-too-distant future, my brothers and I plan on opening a bar and grille where we can be the house band. A friend of mine already agreed to come back and work for us as the head chef (he's already awesome now, and he's going to cullinary school in about six months). Next year I plan on writing for the school newspaper. And... that's perdy much me.

Oh, currently I'm also fencing pretty well too. Holy crap, I just remembered I have a tournement in a few weeks....

crip.
The Source
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 8:20 pm  Reply with quote

i have about the same goals. Right now im thinkin about becoming a lead singer for my friends band. And im really considering about becoming a author or video game designing (as long as i can get my messages out to the world). I just hope i dont lose my passion and become just another Joe in a-mer-i-ca (more like "a-man-n-cuffs"). But what my future has in store for me i hope its for the better.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:06 pm  Reply with quote

I hope that goes well for ya. My brothers and I have found a sweet keyboard player and possibly a vocalist (originally I was gonna sing too, but sax+singing+guitar+harmonica=alot of work), hopefully he can do what we need.

I've been having plans for stuff, but I havn't written anything in like, a month now. Need to get back in to the swing of things.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

Very good goals, and you never know, I might be able to get some strings pulled with my hopefully to be created connections! I'm going off to college soon to get a degree in what I love doing, stagecraft. (for those who can't figure out what it is it's the behind the scenes work, lights, sets, and the ilk of plays and movies) My goal is to just go around and have fun doing what I love, plain and simple.

Back in MY day we didn't HAVE all these fancy album recording things. We had stick! two sticks! and a rock! And we had to SHARE the rock!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:32 pm  Reply with quote

Excelent Beest! I expect you to get us booked on some sweet-ass gigs. Stagework is great, alot of my friends are in crew at our school. Mostly good people, oddly enough.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:14 am  Reply with quote

hmmm..... well i would like to do a lot of things,

i definately want to be known/recognised/remembered...

im really into genetics and biochemistry etc, and would love to like find cures for some deadly virus or disease, like find a cure for cancer!!!

i would also love to be in a band, writing music, playing music, listening to music for the rest of my life would be amazing.... *daydreams about this aspiration, of being on stage playing my own music with my own band, and fans singing along...*

of course i want a lot of money... i want a good life style, a big house and garden.... a villa in greece, good clothes, good shoes etc

i want to travel the world forever always learning new things and seeing new things, making new friends and then moving on....

i want to go into space and see things before anyone else, discover things people have never seen before, touch thing people have never touched before.... i used to always want to be an astronaught, but its too farfetched, a childhood dream....

i would love to do all of these things, but i cant do them all.... i cant choose either.... i can only go where my path takes me...

And i dont really mind to be honest, as long as im happy and the people around me are happy................
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:38 am  Reply with quote

most excellent goals sky. If I was you, and had the patience to invest the time and mucho dinero to learn all that I'd try to aid development in either nanotechnology or biomechanics (replacing destroyed/missing body parts with mechanical ones), because those'll more or less help fix everything soon.

And thoth I'll see what I can do, never know where I might be able to get you booked.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

A very open-ended set of goals there, Sky.

Don't settle for the moon when you can reach the stars. I'm telling you this now.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't settle for the moon when you can reach the stars. I'm telling you this now.

its my new favourite phrase
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:43 pm  Reply with quote

My favorite phrase is "Play some jazz, fuck 'em!"

An old man told it to me and my friend whilst we stood on the street corner. I was playing sax and he droped a fiver in my hat. "I'm going in that building right there, and when I come back, you'd better be playing." he said.

"Alright, what's your pleasure?" I asked him.

"I dunno. Play some jazz, fuck 'em!" He said.

And so I played my jazz.

And I fucked 'em.

In other words, I did what was right for me, regardless of what others thought.

Yep.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 am  Reply with quote

jazz is the best music, you can truly express yourself, and show people exactly what you feel,
jazz is whatever you want it to be, and you can make it your own...

i like that
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:43 am  Reply with quote

See, the problem is that that's exactly what Jazz is, but it's what music is supposed to be.

Blues is the same. a potent and powerful expression of yourself.

But mainstream music is complete shit. There's no energy. No life. No emotion, it's just shit. mass-produced to produce hit singles of another song just like the one that came before, but with a prettier guitarist and a different power chord.

ugh.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

i sort of agree, although some mainstream.... well its not mainstream,

ah fuck it, your right, i totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(what i was gunna say is that some bands like radiohead etc (my fave ever band) do put emotion into it and theyre songs mean somethin etc)
but yeah, i agree with most stuff!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:39 pm  Reply with quote

Yea, and though I was rather encompasing with that last post, that's all modern music is, really. Older forms, like in the sixties and seventies, were much more free and expressive. Even in the eighties there was a level of expression that most bands can not approach these days. But MTV changed all of that. bastards.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

*ahem* Todays music ain't got the same soul, I like that old time rock and roll! And i too must concede that ive had many...MANY beefs with mainstream music for many many years now...and the fact that my sister loves many of the pop artists doesnt make loud music in the house very nice...

BUT anyway, what i'm really trying to say here is yeah, mainstream music doesnt have anywhere near the expressions and strength of the older songs.
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme