FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

do you ever think what the world was and will be like if you werent here, or when you die, do you ever think that this, the world we live in is for all for us???
like all an illusion??? and if we die then so does the rest of the world??
i do, and i always think that im selfish when i do...

but then on the other hand, if im not living for me, and you not living for me, who am i and you living for???
are we living??
are we someones thoughts??
an imaginary friend?? or am i someone else???
where does it end???

all these thoughts clog up my mind, does it really mater????
what ever i think wont change what actually is, if i understand something it wont make life any easier??
so why do i wonder??
why do i think these things?
and then, why do i think about thinking these things???
why does nothing ever seem to end, ever???
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:13 pm  Reply with quote

Welcome to Dead Man's Paradise...

My thoughts are these: The world is itself, and we are all part of it. At the same time, we are ourselves. We control ourselves, and we can influence the world around us (as we are it). We can't influence others more than they are willing (or weak enough) to allow us, and you can only be affected as much as you are willing (or weak enough) to allow yourself to be. Am I making any sense?

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers, just my idea.

sorry.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:31 pm  Reply with quote

Eloquent and beautiful....it makes complete sense to me.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:40 am  Reply with quote

hmmm......... cheers thoth, but no matter what the real answer is, and the advice that people give me, i have decided that ill still be thinking all these things, and by reading one of transports posts to me in the dream bit ive decided not to think about in depth stuff ANYMORE ATALL!!!! and im just oing to live me life 'oblivious' to my thoughts and the deepness that they go.....

tada
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

sounds pretty lame to me. Thought is how all good ideas are made. Music, art, poetry, stories, it's all from thought. if you stop, how will you contribute?
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:09 pm  Reply with quote

i agree completely

one thing though:
you think tons and tons, yes (i know i certainly do)
but those tought do indeed do something
you DO things and make your decisions based upon all of you your past and present thoughts at the time of the decision (unless of course you are literally insane)
so.... tons of thinking DOES help you somehow, no?

~DAn
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:12 am  Reply with quote

Remember Sky, if you don't think for yourself you allow another to do the thinking for you. This might seem nice, like the saying 'Ignorance is Bliss', but it's just another way of denouncing responsibility to find your own Truth. Like the Matrix, you can continue to question reality, what you see as real, or you can become mired in the maya that's created all around you, controlling you. It's a simple choice really.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:27 pm  Reply with quote

ok, just one thing....

I AM QUITE A SARCASTIC PERSON, AND OBVIOUSLY, if you read my post again YOU WILL SEE AN EXAMPLE OF MY SARCASTICNESS.
SO, for the stupid people...
I AM NOT GOING TO STOP THINKING ALL TOGETHER, THATS JUST STUPID AND PROBABLY VERY HARD TO DO, I LIKE THINKING, BUT YOU CAN TRY TO STOP THINKING ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS, ESPECIALLY THE DEEP STUFF, WHICH I HAVE DECIDED TO DO BEFORE BEDTIME SO I DONT GET WIERD DREAMS, BUT IN MY FREE's AT COLLEGE I WILL THINK ABOUT THINGS THAT ARE DEEP BECAUSE ITS FUN AND WIERD AND WELL, KEEPS ME OCCUPIED WHEN I'M BORED.....

i cant beleive you guys all took this like really seriously, did you not think about what i really meant!!!

*tut* Americans!!

(also remember that i am sarcastic when reading this post too!!)
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

Hmm...I think it's less of an American thing and more of your inability to communicate your sarcasm in words. What were the clues? How are we supposed to know you're being sarcastic?

You're always all over the map, but remember, we haven't a clue to what that map looks like.

= )
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

One of the most annoying things one encounters when writing is one's inability to properly display sarcasm with written word. Most other meanings and hints and the like can be expressed quite easily (or at the very least quite well) in written form, but sarcasm is still one that seems to elude. So sorry if we didn't catch the sarcasm, but remember when you write that it's incredibly difficult to express, and much more difficult to catch when reading.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

Well after all that i'll pitch in a different view (all serious mode unfortunately)

People never really die in the end, all their actions, ideas, and quirks that they have passed on to people throughout their lives will be remembered and perhaps even adopted by them. Thusly one never really dies, living on in a way inside the ones left inhabiting the planet.

And i'm definitely with you on sarcasm being annoying, but only after a certain point! (A bit every once in a while is refreshing)
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

I never said I found Sarcasm annoying (In fact I enjoy it any time I hear a good bit of it) but I did say that trying to express sarcasm in writing is annoying as all hell. And to this I stick by.

but yea, I can sort of see what you're saying. No matter what, you'll leave your mark somehow, big or small.

BAHAHAA! HOW D'YA LIKE ME NOW!?
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

was it not sort of a bit hint in the fact that i sed i was going to stop thinking.... did you not think at the time that it sounded a bit far fetched??? ah well, im a sarcastic person, an yes its hard to see sarcasm written down but still..... any english person probably would have clicked

(that is also sarcastic... i am not discriminating americans and their thickness)
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:05 pm  Reply with quote

I did in fact take it seriously, as there were no context clues to say otherwise, and I oftentimes take written word at face value (as oftentimes, thinking too much into it defaces it and ruins it).

yep.
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:43 am  Reply with quote

Speaking of America and its thickness....has anyone seen 'Supersize Me'?

It's a documentary about America, obesity, & fast food. For 30 continuous days the creator of the film eats nothing but McDonalds for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every time they ask him if he wants it super sized, he has to say yes. He gains a shitload of weight, has heart palpitations, and his liver becomes pickled and toxic. There's also tons of insight into how the fast food chains use marketing to brainwash children as soon as they can check out television.

It's scary and funny simultaneously. I'm constantly amazed and baffled at how deeply the world is fucked up! Check it out for the red pill on fast food, nutrition, and how you're controlled when you buy that .99 value meal.
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme