FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
transport22
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:02 am  Reply with quote

Sat Nat friends.

It's been awhile and I just wanted to see how everybody's life is going. Any thoughts about the election and what it means globally?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

Globally? well, it means that we've only got four more years of this idiot runnin' things.

stupid Bush.

Go Clinton!

Hillary, that is.

hehehe.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:42 pm  Reply with quote

Maybe we'll get lucky and the rapture will occur, taking away the religious fundamentalists who suppress the feminine and the corporate dick-heads that are ravaging our planet for a profit.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:12 pm  Reply with quote

or maybe they'll get smart and elect me.

hehehe...
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:10 pm  Reply with quote

I'd vote you over Bush anyday Thoth. Although personally, I wouldn't dream of having that job. Too much pressure for me....I like chillin' and being lazy too much.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

Honestly, in my english oppinion, and not knowing any facts and pre-judging people on tv, i say:

i prefer bush over kerry, cause kerry looked like a used cars sale man, and i didnt like him very much, he was all smarmy an like well dodge!!!

and our primw minister didnt like him and it would have made things between uk an usa dodgy!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:50 pm  Reply with quote

Only, you'll note, that if you did any research that Kerry never did anything that Bush claimed he did. Seriously, check his website, he clearly defines all the alleged "flip-flopping" (which was bush's response to everything more or less). And also, during the debates, you'll note that Bush was cocky, worried, and smug looking while kerry took control of himself and kept composure.

More importanly, go to "jibjab.com" and watch "this land" I Think that it sums up the entire situation pretty well. Not to say that Kerry doesn't have faults, he does, but i'd rather vote for a stale ham sandwhich than bush anyday.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

the sandwich would be better for forigen policy at least. Well, except with Israel...

but honestly, I don't like the fact that our Great Chief in Washington is so religious. He's doing what God says, which is how the majority of bloody wars, masacres, genocides, and vile dictatorships start. but I don't think that would happen, cuz the people of the U.S. Armed Forces like bein' free. and I garuntee if push comes to shove, the guns'll be pointing AT Washington, Chain of Command be damned.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:11 pm  Reply with quote

ok, i said i didnt know all the facts, tv in england was pretty fair, but didnt show a lot of it.... but as i said our mr blair hates kerry!!!! it would have been bad for us..... i dont know the situation in usa well enough to make a judgement more than that.....
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:09 pm  Reply with quote

The election is so symbolic of the energetic shift that's taking place on our planet. It's a reflection of our own movement into greater wholeness.

Look at the parties involved, Right and Left. Cross-cultrally, the Right is associated with the masculine, the Left the feminine.

The Right represents religious and orthodox dogma, controlling the female through removing a woman's right to abortion, and the allowance of corporate america to rape and destroy our environment, Mother Earth, for a little capital.

Who won the election? Toddler souls who think there God is the only God and will kill others for their views...and Young souls that are greedy for power, money, and dominance on the world stage. 51% them, 49% mature and old souls. We're not there yet, but the scale is tipping in the right direction.

This is a trend that's been prevailant for over 2000 years, subjectation of the feminine/Goddess energy. Yet, it's all part of a divine and grand game. Eventually, the pendulum is swings from one polarity towards to other, with an amount of time grounded in total balance.

The election was one of the patricarchy's frantic last attempts at suppressing what cannot be prevented. A new world is being born as we speak, but before we can arrive there, we must move through the death of the old paradigm. We, globally, must evolve our views about spirit and reality to encompass all life as the Gaian Family.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

I agree to a point, but since I'm pretty much centered on the left-right scale, I disagree to a point as well. I do believe that the world is changing though, but then, it's always changing... and you can never completley kill something. Sooner or later it will either regrow or simply be reborn. so yea.

I don't like Democrats
I can't STAND Republicans
and I don't much care for Tony Blair, either.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:07 am  Reply with quote

Yes...I'm not really one for believing much change can come about through politics, some but nothing deep and permanet. The cabinets stay in office for four/eight years, and only focus on short term agendas for their parties instead of the long term ones which benefit the greater good. Plus, the political forum is just too corrupt for my trust. I choose to work on different levels for change, although I am active in what's happening with our 'elected' leaders and what they're doing with my country and tax dollars.

Sky, I hear that Blair is not well liked in the UK. What's your opinion on that?
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:47 am  Reply with quote

ye, i really hate him, only anouther year till i can vote though, then ill do my part in ensuring labour is never in power ever again..... they are the biggest lie in our government!!!!!! i would vote for any other party, like the liberal democrats or consevatives etc, but their leaders are..... well.... just like tony blair, but dont say as much and dont a poncey voice and big ears!!! but im not a big politics lover... at election times i watch the ads, and read some articles, but i cant vote yet, so theres no need to plus, politics really bores me, whoever was our PM, id still enjoy life, thats all that matters!!! :D
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

THAT, transport, is the huge flaw. Dicators are a problem because of the human factor and corruptibility, but if there was ever actually one that could stem his hunger for money then he could do a whole, for lack of a better term, assload of good things, since he would be in power long enough to follow them all the way through.

The replacement of leaders is an interesting thing to do, and it only occured in the early days of US history when the presidents cabinet wasn't replaced and they were contradicting the president at every turn. It prevents conflict of interest but destroys any real long term effects and reforms. Laws do attempt to do so by enforcing time demands on projects, but alas, many following leaders find loopholes...stupid obsessive politics...now i'm all depressed.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

True, true. I believe I could make a good dictator, as I'm not an evil sadistic madman. Plus, once you're dictator and have anything you want, what's the point in collecting money? the problem with dictators in the past is that they've either been sadistic and evil (relatively speaking) or have been raised in atmospheres where they get anything they want, and don't appreciate what they have as controller of a nation.

but then there's the question: Do madmen strive to be dictators, or do dictators become madmen?

hrm...
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme