FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 7:32 pm  Reply with quote

Waiting a long time
For this
Moment to come I'm
Destined
for anything at all...

-Green Day, Wake Up

anywho, I'm leaving. I'll try and check in on saturdays (my days off) but I'm goin' to summer camp to work for the next four weeks.
see 'yall when I see 'yall.

PEACE.

-Thothman
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

Ah yes, and if anyone's wondering, he's off to teach the cooking merit badge at scout camp! and dont forget...make pizza! Or make em eat raw spaghettios right out of the can...which they MUST open with their pocket knives. a REAL scout meal there! (oh, and pop tarts!)
KRM
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:52 pm  Reply with quote

farewell from one of the 3 people that actually post here

we'll all miss you dearly
:P
transport22
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:54 pm  Reply with quote

I dedicate my 100th post to Thoth! <flutter eyelashes> j/k.

May your adventure bring you insight, knowledge, and bliss.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:17 am  Reply with quote

Allright, some news from the outside world!

Camp Madron is rockin' hard, and I got a position in ScoutCraft (cooking, camping, pioneering, backpacking, first aid, Indian lore, all that good stuff) but I didn't get the Cooking merrit badge. I got first aid instead, which works well.

Insight: Make a rope wrench for lashings. just do it.

Knowledge: four-and-a-half-foot long hammers that are hand made and hand-etched via burning from a magnifying glass ROCK.

Bliss: I'm not telling.

thanks for the 100th post Transport.

wakkawakkawakka
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

oooh...four and a half foot handmade sledge...*drool* think of the possibilities!
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

I'm off to Okinawa! See y'all in late September.
~Port22
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:11 pm  Reply with quote

just wanna say... my holiday in paxos was amazing, i saw an octopus which was huge, and caught many a starfish (but always put them back) saw lots of fish, did lots of sunbathing, got very brown, lots of shopping, ate lots of sexy greek food, and ye.... had fun, but i didnt get any scout badges :(

word of advice though.... octopus' have beaks
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

no scout badges? EH? what kind of holidy were you on? kekekekeke...

anywho, glad you're back. glad I'm back. Transport's gone, so we'll expect him within the month. eh. we'll manage, I think...
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

My vacation has taken punch to the gut. I'm now stuck inside a hardcore typhoon for the next few days with nothing to do but surf the net. <sigh> Oh well....like David Lee Roth once sang:

"You gotta roll with the punches to get to what's real."

Aside from the typhoon it's been a great vacation. The people are so friendly and humble. The beaches rock. There's lots of cool castles/ruins and temples to explore. And I still have another week and a half with plenty of yen still in my pocket. Woo Hoo!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:00 pm  Reply with quote

Ah, so you've just been a beach crashing for your weeks at okinawa? fun fun. And a hurricane there too? geez we're about to be hit with winds over here in georgia from one too. crazy coincidence.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:42 pm  Reply with quote

Well...Transport's officially back from the Orient. I learned alot about myself, enjoyed the company of my brother's family, and had the opportunity to be a couch potato and 'responsiblity-less' for 2 whole weeks. Got to confound my beliefs and ideas about what I thought Japan was like and what it really was. Expanded my world-views on my own culture and what I like and don't like about being an American. Went to my first shusi bar and had octopus, squid, and many other unidentifible dishes. Went to some great botantical gardens and observed all kinds of new critters and plant-life I've never seen before. Weathered my first typhoon. Bought some stylin' clothes I've never seen here in the states. Lots of other stuff, but I don't wanna bore. It's good to be back. = )
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

gogo Japan. me an' a few friends of mine are secretly planning to hit Japan within the next few years...

>.>
<.<
>.>
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:00 am  Reply with quote

I think you'd like it Thoth, especially with your background in martial arts and all. There'll probably be a lot more you know about the culture and history then I was aware of, which would give you an edge in getting around. I say go for it, you'll have a good time.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:53 am  Reply with quote

well, I spent a summer about two years ago studying Feudal Japanese culture and some history, so I tend to think I have a wee bit of knowledge over there. and we'll go for it, deffinately. like six of us I think.
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme