FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:41 pm  Reply with quote

One quiet summer’s night I was sitting out on my front porch, just looking out at my neighborhood. The streetlights were just turning on in the gloom, and parents were coming out of their homes to call their children in from their game of Kick the Can. It was very peaceful, now that I look back at it like this. It was a nice night for a last night.
I continued sitting out on my porch despite the ever-darkening skies and the dwindling crowd of children running up and down the street. Soon enough, it was only me sitting out there, but I wasn’t alone for long. Just as I was considering going back in and getting ready for bed, the crickets came out and started talking, and never being one to miss a good conversation, I decided to stay a bit longer.
The crickets told me of their day, and of their plans for the morrow, provided of course they didn’t get stepped on by then, and I listened to their stories and their gripes and their fears for a bit. My eyes had been wandering up and down the road for quite some time now, so I was surprised to find that they had stopped their wandering to rest on the form of what looked like a small boy laying out in the road. I jumped to my feet, and my friends the crickets kindly ceased their talking for a moment, so I wouldn’t miss anything. Such kind folk, the crickets.
I rushed out to where the boy was laying and bent down to inspect him. It seemed that he was unconscious, but I guessed he would be fine provided that he was taken in and treated. I bent down and began to pick the fellow up, when suddenly I heard the screeching of rubber on pavement. I looked up in time to see a gray Pontiac’s cracked grill staring me down the nose, and I stared right back. But alas, the car was not afraid of me, and in the few seconds that I shared that stare with the Pontiac, it did not falter.
I felt a sudden burst of pain as the car’s front end slammed into me, and I was thrown very violently underneath of it, but as soon as it came, the pain was gone. The car backed up, allowing me time to stand dust myself off. I looked to the boy who was in the street, and he seemed to be fine as well. His eyes opened just as the Pontiac drove around him and continued speeding on its way. The boy sat up slowly, looked around dazedly, and yawned, then popped up to his feet and trudged in the direction of what I assumed was his house.
I turned and began trudging back to my own house, when I heard my name called from behind. I looked back to see a tall, nearly-skeletal, black-hooded figure standing in the middle of the road where I had just been laying… and still was, according to what my eyes told me. The figure nodded towards me and began walking up the road, in the same direction that the Pontiac had come. I decided it would be best to follow, being dead and all. Yes, I had pieced together that I was dead. Ah well. No use griping about it now.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

Truly intriguing, however are you positive that it occured? And more importantly, did the crickets invite you to frolic with them?
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:17 pm  Reply with quote

not at all positive, but it makes for a good story. and I do believe I got a frolic or two in, yes.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Indeed, thats a very fun story, and it makes you get to thinking, and it also makes one want to stay away from hallucenogenic things...BUT anyway....

And now for something...completely different!
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

wow, what a story i was hooked from beginning to end with that one!!

seriously, good story.... what inspired you???
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

well, I just had a thought walking, as I often do, but normally I forget them... exept for the REALLY good ideas. well this thought just wouldn't go away. and just when I thought it was gone, it came back! so I went with it. and voila.

or rather...
and BAM!

that works.

and thanks for being hooked
transport22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:03 am  Reply with quote

I always meant to reply to this but discovered this morning that I never had. Quite enjoyed it Thoth. Keep writing. = )
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

funny you should say that...

just started a new story. it's more of a sci-fi piece (which is a new venture for me). I took an idea I had like five years ago, and after reading a book my friend lent me, said "I should write a story!". I might post it later. might not. depends on how it turns out.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:23 pm  Reply with quote

You should definitely post it here, i'd love to read it, especially given the huge randomness of the short story above. And i'm a sci-fi sort of junkie, i love exploring the plethora of imaginary worlds and inventions in em.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:47 pm  Reply with quote

well, this story's turning out to be much more structured than the one above, and perhaps I will put it up here... when it's finished...
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

or you could write it in installments in one topic, and we can read a new chapter everytime we come online!!!! wow what an idea!!! please do that thoth!!!!! :D

and i must admit beest, randomness definately rocks!!!
hehe random
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

kekeke. I havn't even touched that story in like, three weeks now. I'll have to get on that. and as for posting it installment-wise. well, we'll see...
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme