FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

As I look around my living room, kitchen, bedroom and every other part of my household, I'm astonished at all of the things we own that were developed not for their own sake, but as a by-product of warfare. Nearly everything we have was created because we fight each other. in the begining, there were us. we fought. first we sharpened sticks. then learned how to use stone weapons. then bronze, copper, iron, etcetera, until finally reaching steel. from there, we developed and perfected methods of smelting and smithing, NOT so we could build better homes and utilities, but so we could make swords sharper, make barricades stronger, make bows more acurate. Radio was first majorly pioneered by the military in order to streamline communications. Now it is used daily. the Microwave, Computers, Canned foods, SPAM, Cool-aid, all by-products of development for military use. so we can have faster, more effiecient units of men killing other units of men. even the Internet was devloped for military uses.

My question here is this: Do we need war? it seems to me that without war and conflict, we would not have come as far as we have. of course, perhaps we're all going the wrong way.

thoughts?
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:51 pm  Reply with quote

People like to get behind an idea and feel like their moving towards some sort of purpose. Sometimes that idea is war, especially if they're told their freedom, their very way of life, is at stake. And conflict does produce creativity, an emergence towards a solution of the 'problem'. Yet, the real conflict, the true war lies within. I believe that war and conflict are necessary for the lessons they teach us about ourselves and our actions in the past. They are both reflective of the inner turmoil within the human psyche.

How do we create peace and end war? We enlighten ourselves, share our teachings, honor all life, and produce a frequency of Love. Not an easy task, but very possible, and life becomes one hell of an adventure.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:31 pm  Reply with quote

Look at the different side, they weren't necessarrily created to destroy. I cant imagine how kool-aid is a lethal weapon...they were mainly done to make things happen faster, arguably more efficient. The whole speed thing, time is money, is what they were created with in mind. Wartime is just a particularly helpful testing ground since speed is the essence of war.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:16 pm  Reply with quote

most stuffs like that are developed to make our armies more efficient, not just everything as a whole. But time's not money... money is money, and time is just something we use to label the unlableable...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Correction, money is money, money comes from work, time is needed to work, therefore by transcentive (sp) properties, time is money! (based on the system)

And anyway, labeling the unlabelable is, like someone said, a steady trait throughout history, and as such old habits die hard yet again.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme