FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 9:03 pm  Reply with quote

one of my best friend's sister's best friend commited suicide at the age of 15. she was on anti-depressant medication at the time.

Why?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:42 pm  Reply with quote

Well we talked over this on AIM, shoulda saved the conversation for posting...regardless I'll try to cover what we did there here in as much detail as I can.

Even though it is the most selfish thing that someone can do, you also can't forget that its really everyone's fault that interacted with her. Whatever she was feeling that made her do it was obviously what she believed, but she never made an effort to get the truth out of the people who she may have been feeling animosity towards. However the fault also lies with the family and friends for not trying harder to get it out of her.

The blame really isnt the important part though, in the end everyone suffers part of the extreme loss. Your friend's sister loses her life, and all those who cared for her lose that which they cared for, and have to deal with the loss itself. Its a horrilbe thing no matter how you look at it.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

GOSH!! that is really horrible.... i girl i knew commited suicide not long ago near me, i didnt know her well, but i was still shocked and hurt. But nobody knew she felt like that because she always but on a brave face and smile, you know..... she never made it obvious of how she felt, until she left a suicide note..... its awful isnt it. To think that somebody that young, like 15/16 is under enough stress and pain/hurt to do that to themselves.....

I mean my life isnt the best, infact its been crap ever since i can remember, and i do put on a brave face most of the time, but i dont think i could ever commit suicide, sometimes i threaten myself, but its far too selfish, and i would be scared of whats on the otherside for me....
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:50 pm  Reply with quote

I wont lie, my life is pretty cooshy. I have a great family, great friends, and a pretty good life. Yet it always has made me feel empty when i realize how superficial my mother can act, or how ignorant and pompus some of the people i go to school with are. How careless and blind they are from the real world.

I was adopted, and I think almost every day about what my life would have been like if someone worse off had picked me out at the hospital. It's sometimes an interesting thing when people commit suicide, because even the cooshiest life has its awful side.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:04 pm  Reply with quote

I have an excelent family as well. a very 'real' family. not the richest, but we have alot of stuff. well, stuff as in hunks of steel and car parts and the like lying around. it's fun to play with sometimes. but off of that, I learned that the person who committed suicide did not have alot of friends and she desiered to be one of the popular kids, as it were. her family is very well off financially. I dunno, but it seems to me that such combinations spawn suicide much too often
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:54 am  Reply with quote

Well thats just another point that money isn't and never will be everything.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme