FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Source
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:32 am  Reply with quote

Now in reloaded there was (in one of the TVs) a what seems to be a galaxy of the matrix then the camera zoomed out in to the room someone splain to me dis
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

I have no idea. probably just a little 'easter egg' that kind of reafirms that they (Neo, Trinity, everyone) very small in a very large system, but small as they were, the could change it. yes? no? perhaps?
transport22
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:24 am  Reply with quote

Reminds me of the 'Holographic Universe' (great book).

Scientist have discovered that if you take a holographic projection of light (say the hologram of an apple) and you take a microscopic fragment of one tiny part of the hologram....within that tiny part exists the information and blueprint to reproduce the entirety of the whole apple, the whole hologram.

A few scientists have then extended that observation to conclude that the Universe itself is one giant hologram and that within each and every cell of our bodies lies the entirety of All That Is.

Probably doesn't have much to do with that scene in the Reloaded, but it triggered my memory banks.
KRM
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.earthportals.com/hologram.html

i read this a while back...

interesting
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:02 am  Reply with quote

Seems to me to illustrate something along the lines of what Thoth said, that even if the one who controls the galaxy (the architect) proclaims something, that doesn't necessarrily mean that the ones in the galaxy will follow, and that they are unable to change it themselves. I wonder if that makes any sense.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:22 pm  Reply with quote

it most deffinately does. the king can't control his entire army if they retain their freewill, and even then, if he steals it, there is little hope that the his army won't collapse.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:32 am  Reply with quote

The easy solution to that is when they choose to follow their king to the death, thats the way that the feudal systems worked, honor and the desire to die for what they cared for.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:40 pm  Reply with quote

yes indeed. but even if they believed in what they fought for, the could stop if they wanted to.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:50 am  Reply with quote

If they truly belive in it then they will be willing to sacrifice their lives for it, because even if they die their surviving friends can make it a reality, correct? That was the basis for the entire system of loyalty and feudalism. And while they could stop, why would they if they truly believe in it? Is it not worth fighting for? Is it not worth dying for?
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:55 pm  Reply with quote

i ust thought it was a part to illustate the never ending ways of the universe, and matrix inside a matrix theory, or it could just be coincidence.......
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps, but like i said, i'm just responding to Thothmans statements. And while it sort of does that, Its more fun to think of it as the illusion of control.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

i'm just saying that if their beliefs change without notice (as ours tend to) they could stop if they wanted. that's all. that's all!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

Could they really? If they were dilligent enough to listen, its safe to assume that they did so to learn about their opposing beliefs to bash it or to assimilate it into their own in some way or another.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

that's true, but what if their belief suddenly changes on it's own? what if a leader AMONG them figures out that enough is enough? then they could plausibly break off and join that leader instead of the first, and destroy the first one.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:17 am  Reply with quote

whats the need though??
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme