FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply dream theatre <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Source
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:36 pm  Reply with quote

Has any ever lucid dreamed. in case u don't kno that is its when ur dreaming and u kno it that means u can control everything that happens. u can basically do everything that neo can do in the matrix including flying its awesome but very rare if u don't train urself i.e. practice hitting light switches in the waking world make it a habit so when ur in a dream (thats not lucid) u'll notice the light won't turn on b/c in dreams they can't anyways some tel about it
KRM
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:51 pm  Reply with quote

i've had one semi-lucid dream

i got right into them after watching waking life but then kinda slacked off abit
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

just a tip, Source, but that was very difficult to understand (not sure I did understand it) because of the bad typing (I.E. the useage of internet slang). I'm not trying to be mean, but it helps if people can read your posts without alot of difficulty. that's all of that.

but otherwise, I really don't know much about lucid dreaming. I suppose it's like a day-dream, but a bit deeper mentally. not sure if i've ever done it before, but like I said, I don't dream much.
transport22
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 12:48 am  Reply with quote

If you are interested in lucid dreaming you should read Stephen LaBerge's extensive study on the subject.

There are definite techniques that one can use to lucid dream, but like anything, it takes discipline, practice, and patience. One technique is to question out loud, many, many times a day, "Am I dreaming". This puts you into a habit of questioning if you're in a dream state or waking consciousness and cultivates a deeper awareness of the surrounding environment.

If you do this exercise enough, you'll begin to ask it to yourself while you dream. Then, when you take a good look at your surroundings, you'll notice all the funky, tripped out things that happen in dreams. Once you are aware you are dreaming there are other techniques that allow you to remain in that state for 5-10 mintues long (don't quote me on that one). Of course time moves very differently in the dream state.

It's also easier to lucid dream during a nap, or after you've awakened in the morning rested, but you go back to sleep anyway.

I recommend the technique. I was able to release some old fears, primarily one of a bully that tormented me as a small child. Becoming aware that I was dreaming and gaining control of my emotions I embraced the bully and merged with him. It was a powerful forgivness and I was never bothered by that memory again. = )
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:08 am  Reply with quote

Indeed its possible, however, at least in my personal experiences, the minute you realize its a dream you wake up and are using your concious imagination. Interestingly enough it only happens with me after i start debating over choices of what to do in the dream, then i realize "oh crap im not just dreaming, im imagining," and usually wind up waking up. (difference being dreaming - unconcious and mostly uncontrolled, imagining - controlled entirely or for the most part)
KRM
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:39 pm  Reply with quote

the one time i managed to have a lucid dream, i started to wake up but remembered a technique i had read about.
look up and spin around. Apparently, your mind will concentrate on stablizing your vision and kind of distracts it enough to stop u waking up.

it worked for me, but not long after the lucidity of the dream faded
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:35 am  Reply with quote

Well even if you do that you still realize on some level that you're still dreaming, and you'll probably have to do it again sooner than it tok the first time.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:39 am  Reply with quote

Yeah...it's a tricky technique to hone for sure. Another book I read on it was Carlos Castaneda’s "The Art of Dreaming". There's a lot of information about how to lucid dream and how to maintain, what he calls, "dream energy".

Supposedly, when you first become a pioneer in the LD realm, its really natural to lose the ability to stay calm and sustain the state for any length of time. He talks a lot about being able to flow with the dream instead of swimming against it, or trying to manipulate it outright.

It's a cool process...because you're amazed at what your mind has created and the rich symbology of the inner landscape. Yet, there's also the uncertainty that you are dreaming and may actually be in another dimension experiencing. Maybe both, maybe neither.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:55 am  Reply with quote

Or instead of trying to ride the river why not just ride it? The purpose of a dream is debatable, but its your subconcious thats leading your concious, not the other way around, so just enjoy the ride. When i have dreams that are important, i remember them, so its just as good.
The Source
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

sorry abouts the typing, but yeah i went with the flow once in a ld turned out to be pretty cool.at first it was scary b/c i woke from a dream into another dream. but i was holding a pen from the first dream i had, then was in denile (i think thats how u spell it, bad speller) i told myself if this is a dream then make a tree pop up, then it did. i still didn't believe i was dreaming so i rode it out then it sure was a dream. There's wierd thing about it though at the end (b4 i was awakened by my friend) i meet my dream girl (i never seen anyone like her b4 she was perfect) she gave me her number and it was with the pen that i had awoking with in my 2nd dream from my 1st dream. Weird right?
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:12 pm  Reply with quote

i have dreams like this loads...... i had one last night infact......

i remember having to save all me friends because we were all trapped in a house and locked in, and i remembered something about a spell to transport people, so everyone had to slide down stairs infront of a fireplace, and i remember saying or telling someone that it increases the electrical and magnetic field and charge up the chimney and in the fire, then i had to light 2 candles and one glowed so bright it blindeed you and when your eyesight came back you were in a different place. the first time i did this is fail because somebody blew out a candle, i woke up and thought NO! i want this to work and feel like im being trasported, its not going to fail, so went back to slepp and had the same dream, i did exactly the same thing, but thought this time it will work and it did, it was the wierdest feeling ever, and i was in a field and could control eerything.
I know it wasnt just my imagination becasue it was so real, and so clear, like it was real, when i did wake i thought that i had to actually try the spell in real life because it had to be true and couldnt just be a dream.

omg its and essay again...... sowwie!!
but newhos...... i was going to right it in a new post anyway
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Well that does prove it, but another new factor is waking up, going back to sleep, and redoing it. Like an edit, undo option for dreams. Hmm.....
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:29 am  Reply with quote

i have so many wierd dreams, i had a premonition the other night night too,

ihave a mate, and he was in my dream, with his sister, she was called amy, was about 5 or 6 and had long blonde hair, i was talking with this lad on his bed at night, and she woke up so i talked to her, i found out that she loved animals and that her brother had taken her to the zoo that day, and that she loved lions.

Now, in real life i had no idea that my mate had a sister, he had never mentioned her or saind anything about her etc,

so, the next day, or yesterday i asked him if he had a sister and he said yes and that her name was amy. I was really shocked and asked if she was 5 or 6 and had blonde hair he said she was 5 and did have blonde hair and that he was taking her to the zoo this weekend because she wanted to see the lions.

i don think ive ever been as freaked out!!!!! so i told him that i dreamt it, and he was majorly shocked too!!!!!!!

rather scary
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:42 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting, you should definitely see what else you can manage to dream up that comes true, might be a useful thing to be able to do since you can change it if you know its coming!
oukapella
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

hey, that's from Waking Life,you know that film
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme