FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Source
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:40 pm  Reply with quote

I kno the ending is on what u "choose" to believe but somewhere along the road i think that even though the war is the machines will come back now im not saying im rootuing for the machines its just that this never ending cycle of inhuman and human activity will go as far as possible b/c we r the ones (humans) that cause it whether it be directly or indirectly
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

and that is a good point, but the system can be broken. I think it was broken for good, but it could come back.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:23 am  Reply with quote

Nothing, no idea can be destroyed completely, hence people like neo-nazis and such.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:15 pm  Reply with quote

the idea can't, but the system can, and like I said, it's gone, but it could come back.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:04 am  Reply with quote

And even if the system is gone, if the idea persists, the system can return as a result of those following the idea, correct? Oi, massive headache here.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

yes. take for example the fact that Germany caused 2 world wars based on their idea of german supremecy. a wall goes up, seperating and weakening Germany. it is then torn down, and again the old ideas of German supremecy are comming back. interesting, don't you think?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:34 am  Reply with quote

Actually, the second one was caused by the Allies being assnuts and crippling the country financially and economically entirely. The supremacy thing was just another way to justify it in the end.

And the old ideas arent coming back, they never truly went away, but what you cant forget is that they still would probably lose any war they fought simply because of the number differences. And its much like racists in the south, just because they believe it doesn't mean that they will act on it.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

true 'nuff. but as it stands, they cause both of 'em. why? 'cause the winners write the history books.

and we won.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:51 am  Reply with quote

No....actually all the history books ive read acknowledge that we caused the second world war by abusing Germany at the end of the first.

And the while the winners write the history books, losers write them as well, as do those who simply observe. Everyone writes their own subjective history if you dig deep enough and bother to find it.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:54 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
I think it was broken for good, but it could come back.

how can it come back if its broke for good???? newho

ive just studied all that nonsense about ww2 etc, and frankly it was all britains fault for appeasement, and czechoslovakia, and your fault (USA) for the league of nations and woodrow wilson and not sorting out things when you said you would......(well not yours and my fault personally, but you get the idea)
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:35 pm  Reply with quote

Our only fault with the League of Nations was being assmunches and not ratifying the treaty and joining it.

And even if ITS gone for good, like we said, those who believe in the concept can bring back what they believe if they survive the destruction itself.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:26 pm  Reply with quote

the only way to completely kill an idea is to kill everyone that's ever heard of it, and destroy every article or relic of it. and even then, someone else can think it up again as a 'new' idea, and start it over.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:30 pm  Reply with quote

Precisely, thats what the essence of what Galileo did when he was brought before the church heierachy (sp). He said "oh, i was wrong, i take it back" and they said okay. But since freaking when could you take back an idea thats already out in the publics mind? ITS IMPOSSIBLE! Once its out its out and its there to stay, even if you tried to completely eradicate it.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:52 pm  Reply with quote

yep yep, that Galileo was a vile one.... even if you cut down a tree, the seed's still there. and even if you dig up the seed, someone could always plant another.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

Or the seed could be moved by the wind and erosion, or the seed could just fail to blossom entirely.
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme