FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
The Source
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:07 pm  Reply with quote

-im kinda a newbie- so someone set me straight..... neo never really dies in revolutions, well according to a religous oint of view i mean like i thought he symbolized a jesus christ figure according to that theory he has to come back and he isn't really dead right. well its just a question that i think someone here can answer.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:23 pm  Reply with quote

i think the end is left open so you can decide what you want to decide....

i dont believe he was dead, but some people do, it depends on your attitutde towards the film and characters etc....

as thoth would say..... its all relative
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

it is all relative, but from my eyes, he didn't die at all... and they were moving slowly towards the place where he could be 'repaired'. also I'd like to point out that Trinity was not punctured in any vital organs, at least not that it looked like.

hrm...
The Source
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:31 pm  Reply with quote

only b/c i don't recall Zion having any great medical technology and plus neo left her to go see Deus Ex Machina and no one was following them to help them in case of a medical emergency but like u said sky the ending is up to u
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:26 am  Reply with quote

The machines are not Deus Ex Machina, you do know what it means right?

He goes to see the head machine honcho and offers the trade, and dies in the process, however like the people said, its happened 6 times with 6 previous chosen ones, and it will happen again by the same factors.
The Source
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:23 am  Reply with quote

my friends don't agree with that. they say Neo was the end of a chain. One of the biggest morals learned in the story is that "everything that has a begining has an end" so basically V.6 of Neo broke the cycle that the machines created by actually winning the war thats or calling it truce with the machines but then again the ending is all in perception.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:06 pm  Reply with quote

yea, I mean, why have another Neo if there's a cease-fire?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:55 am  Reply with quote

Because people are weak and need someting to believe in? I mean look at this place, we all cling to our ideas, announce them, and try to spread them here. And when people die we erect gravestones so that we can go see where they, or what remains of them, is and request strength from them.

I mean if they see Neo as the savior sent to save them from the machines, then what is there to believe in after he's gone? What is there to keep the machines from violating their peace or the humans from violating their peace? Neo was the real mediator because whether people/machines liked them or not, they all respected him and trusted him to some degree, why else would the machines allow him to jack in and try to eradicate smith?

Its interesting the powe that one man can weild especially if he doesnt abuse it.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:26 pm  Reply with quote

this is true. everyone wants something to believe in, and we do try to spread our ideas here, but the best part about it is that I havn't seen one idea that hasn't been criticized and picked apart by everyone else. many of mine have, and many of my ideas have been altered after thought on such criticisms. it's a good thing.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:30 am  Reply with quote

The other factor is that even when people dont have anything tangible to believe in, they come up with something to, and change their ideas over time, thats just another part of the cycle.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:41 pm  Reply with quote

or web.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:48 am  Reply with quote

We've been OVER this...web and cycle are interchangeable! GAH!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

wow beest, your post about somthing........ erm..........well it was soo true, i completely agree with you, oh about people having something to beleive in, and its another example, beest shared his thoughts, and it turned something in my brain, and now im starting to agree......get it??
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

Indeeles, case and point, this whole quasi-accidental proving through posting seems to happen a LOT!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:08 pm  Reply with quote

I don't think they are. they can be the same, but they can be different. like a square and a rectangle sort of...

damnable math
Page 1 of 2
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme