FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:32 pm  Reply with quote

wow,
thanks for your oppinion blue,

why are we fc-uking awesome??
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:35 pm  Reply with quote

because, i met a bunch of students that came over and did a play at our school, every single one was really cool

especially the women...

...................................im so messed up :)
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

what..... why are you messed up???????

ive never been to america, but in my dream last night i did, it was very strange that dream...... possibly a lot of hidden meanings.....

personally most people in england are pretty boring, especially the southerners!!!!!! they speak too fast and look down their noses at northeners, just because they think theyre better because they live closer to london and the queen!! SNOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok enough of my hate of southeners......... and their big noses......
northeners are nicer, we pass no judgement, only on southeners, and like foreigners, unlike southeners, and have more of a laugh, and go out more, and have more countryside, i bet the people who went to your school were northeners,
if they were southeners then they lied abut everything to make themselves look good, and to rub in their lives to americans, because they are snobs
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:33 am  Reply with quote

I agree with that statement meself, some old friends of the family live in England, and came to visit over here a couple years ago. Had a damn good time, and dont forget that there's always gonna be people who are snooty in the world.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

ye but the whole of the south of england!!!!! ok, maybe a little too stereotypical, but i bet if you family friends were nice ther were from the north?? .......definatelt not southerners.

southeners brag soo much, they dislike northeners because we dont live in social classes, most of us treat each other as equals
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:17 am  Reply with quote

Well thats their right, even if we see it as wrong.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:59 pm  Reply with quote

here up north, folks talk about southerners like they're a bunch of corn-munching, inbred hicks. I know differently, as my grand-pappy lives in Alabama, and my friend's dad lives in West Virgina, I think it was. in fact, most of the inbred trash I know of is in Indiana... just a bit south of here.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:32 pm  Reply with quote

are there lots of cajians in the south.... scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sorry i had a nightmare about them the other day....... with banjos and everytin!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:23 pm  Reply with quote

Cajuns? Banjos? no no dear girl... you've got it all wrong!

Cajuns are centralized to one area, mostly Lousiana, and more specifically Baton Rouge. they've got very interesting cooking, customs, and accents, but they're not the banjo-folk.

the stereotypical banjo player is a white trash hick with twenty brothers and sisters, a cousin for a wife and eight dogs a-wailing in the back. normally not true, but it's not untrue either.

of course, I know of some damn good non-hick banjo players.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:35 am  Reply with quote

I know of a couple myself actually. And stereotypes can be true, untrue, and falsely true, or truly false, or a whole host of other things. Its funny to think about what people would be like if stereotypes didn't force them to conform.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:55 pm  Reply with quote

yea, but mostly they've conformed before the stereotype is in place. and the stereotype is created through third party observance. so in actuality, there's no stereotype if there's no one watching, right?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:58 am  Reply with quote

thats true as well, however there are many who conform to the stereotype just to fit the classification that is being stereotyped as well.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:27 pm  Reply with quote

*cough* yeah *cough* i really agree..... and fully understand.....*cough*

<shifts eyes>

all stereotypes are right, someone fits into them, but sometimes its just the people that dont fit that group.... if you understand???
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:50 pm  Reply with quote

Beest, you're right, and Sky, you're right too. hrm...

funny...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:24 am  Reply with quote

Well then i declare it make your own stereotype week! only its friday...crud
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme