FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

Ask god all you like, but remember that, being busy and backlogged, responses may take a while, perhaps even after the answer is no longer needed.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:08 pm  Reply with quote

Only if you pray to a 'being' that everyone else prays to.

And yet, even then, the vibration goes somewhere and effects reality in someway. The answer that was projected back may have been silence or a sign to 'go within' or may have fallen on deaf ears....it just depends on 'God's' way of directing our intentions and energy for solutions and our ability to see the omens and follow the signs.

It's sort of the difference between prayer and meditation:

Prayer is when you speak and project to 'God' your desires, fears, blessings, challenges, etc....ideally from a place of gratitude, clarity, and strength. Prayer is to project emotion/thoughts to bring ease, help, and assistance to our lives and to make things happen.

Meditation is creating a space within, to open up to hearing and heeding the intuition of the 'God' within. Meditation is to Be, to listen to the Inner Teacher, and integrate our own Teachings back into our lives to unblock the path towards our dreams and goals.

They are the flipside of the same coin; both potent methods and techniques for transformation, illumination, communion, and uncovering divine secrets within.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:00 am  Reply with quote

Interesting points, and valid, however how do you know that all that is within is not, in fact, that same entity which all others pray to as well? What a paradox then eh? (its fun to be able to respond to a long post like that in a short one)
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:16 am  Reply with quote

I agree, it's a paradox; they're all one and the same fundamentally. It's also an interesting paradox that we're both continuously projecting and attracting vibrations simultaneously. That we're both experiencing and 'being' in the NOW as we magnetize 'within'.... and projecting and 'creating' future NOWs by vibrating the sum total of who we are 'out'.

My idealistic vision for humanity:

To learn from the mirror of reality how to tap and honor the inner power within ourselves, to release that ancient song of magic in the NOW, and to ripple outward those vibrations as a divine symphony of spirit; music that shifts all upon Earth into an ecstatic dance of Oneness.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

One can also expel the vibrations taken in only strengthening them i assume? (just reading into options)

Thats an interesting take there. Need to assimilate that for a few.
Realist
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:07 am  Reply with quote

I haven't read all of the posts in here yet, but here's my question.

How is the transport experience attained?

You've spent a lot of time saying how good it is, but I didn't see how it could be attained.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:16 pm  Reply with quote

You attain it by existing and developing and changing throughout life, thats all there is to it. Easy as pie. You decide when you obtain it, how to obtain it, whether to continue through with it once obtaining it, and whatever the hell you want. Thats the beauty of it. I probably just reiterated what i posted in a thread earlier, but what the heck. more the merrier right?
Realist
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:22 am  Reply with quote

The entire human race develops and changes throughout life. You said in another post you wanted to reign in on the opinion bashing, so i'll keep this succinct. If all that is needed to achieve the transport experience is to do what everyone is doing already, then why doesn't everyone know what it is, have attained it, and reconise this theory as fact?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:37 pm  Reply with quote

Its just giving a name to the frame of thought and belief that most people have...a good portion of people do live this way without calling it by the same name. Personally i follow it with a little tweaking applied to Transport's version. After he introduced it and i had a (farily hostile granted) debate over the idea, then we came to a compromise between us.
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:07 pm  Reply with quote

Realist wrote:
How is the transport experience attained?

pure internal silence
total humility/humbleness
an internal emptiness/space to grow and expand into
complete surrender to the moment
divine grace
courage in the face of the mystery
Realist
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:21 pm  Reply with quote

If that is truely the way to attain the transport experience, then I don't think you're quite there yet, and I know beest isn't there yet. I don't know enough about your philosphy towards the world, but if it is simmilar to his, you have yet to show courage towards the unknown. By believing that human will can change the world beyond the actions you can take and can convince others to take, you show cowardice by not accepting your own limitations. Not only that, you show cowardice by holding on to this idea when it has never, for anyone, worked. You also do not have the courage to question if the ideas of you and your teachers are correct. Having faith in something with no evidence to back it up is to be afraid of changing your ideas even with the truth glaring you in the face.

You also are cowardly to use drugs as a part of your religion. I'll wager that if I did nothing but take those shaministic drugs and skipped all other parts such as meditating and fasting, that I would have a very odd experience anyway. You also say that there is something spiritual in the near death experience. Have you been to scared to look up what science has discovered? When your heart rate slows down as you near death, your brain becomes oxygen deprived, and certian parts of your brain go haywire. One malfunction that almost always occurs is a problem with the visual cortex, making you think that you see a bright shining light. To believe things without proof, or with nothing but your own proof, is to be too cowardly to admit that you may be wrong.

You say I am a part of the religion of proof. However, I cannot get you to answer this simple question, if someone came into this forum and started preaching that he had discovered his bookcase was the center of the spritual universe, would you incorperate his ideas into your belief system, or realise that he had no evidence to back up his outragious claims, and begin to ignore him? I await your answer with interest, and wonder if you will simply ignore it yet again . . .
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:31 am  Reply with quote

Um...you do realize that we arrived at the beliefs that we have today as a result of many years of observing, learning, and assimilating different ideas right? You also realize that we question virtually everything the teacher says, and i personally look to other sources a good portion of the time in regards to things taught. And i'm just curious...how exactly are we cowards? because we choose to believe in things that cant be proven? Yet you are too cowardly to put faith in anything not proven to exist, and that's the flip side. This thread is dead, its a bickering arguement, and you've now turned to insulting, at least try to keep it somewhat dignified or let it die out. Bickering threads are just pointless.
Realist
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

Again, ignoring the question . . .
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 7:01 pm  Reply with quote

First off....many of the following points you brought up have nothing to do with what I've posted in the past. I am not Beest and many of your arguments seem to be directed to his posts and not my own.

Quote:
If that is truely the way to attain the transport experience, then I don't think you're quite there yet, and I know beest isn't there yet.

I was speaking of my Transport Experience, not every moment of my life. I can't speak for Beest but I direct you to this post. Comment if you wish, but show some respect if you do. I haven't come this far upon my path to waste time and energy being insulted by anybody who resorts to emotional warfare and trickery to feel superior or find an edge in a debate. Besides, it doesn't work. I know I'm not a coward.

http://www.thereisnospoon.com/viewtopic.php?t=233

Quote:
I don't know enough about your philosphy towards the world, but if it is simmilar to his, you have yet to show courage towards the unknown.

If you don't know my philosophy by now I don't know where you've been the last few months. Again, I am not Beest so the following sentences are based upon a faulty premise. Yet, I'll be a good sport and play the game anyway.

Quote:
By believing that human will can change the world beyond the actions you can take and can convince others to take, you show cowardice by not accepting your own limitations.

So you're saying that its cowardly to believe that human will can change the world? This argument confuses me; human will has changed the world. Also, I accept my limitations, but know that limits are made to be broken. How is that cowardly?

Quote:
Not only that, you show cowardice by holding on to this idea when it has never, for anyone, worked.

I am a coward by believing one should explore the potential of the human experience by transmuting and transcending our deepest fears and limitations? Huh?

Quote:
You also do not have the courage to question if the ideas of you and your teachers are correct.

This statement is faulty. I question my beliefs and my path daily. I have questioned and do question my teachers everyday, which my teachers encourage. How would you know anything about my relationship to my teachers anyway? You over-extend yourself.

Quote:
Having faith in something with no evidence to back it up is to be afraid of changing your ideas even with the truth glaring you in the face.

I don't have faith, I have experience. I'm not afraid to change my ideas; they're constantly transforming is I grow as a human. The 'truth glaring me in the face' is why I am a teacher. Your 'truth glaring you in the face' and your path are different. Realize that.

Quote:
You also are cowardly to use drugs as a part of your religion.

Again, you haven't been listening; I DON'T have a religion. And entheogens can't truly be classified as drugs; they aren't addicting and they aren't detrimental to the health of a human. If we're talking about drugs we have to talk about television, the biggest drug in the history of mankind. And what about legal drugs like anti-depressants, pain killers, alcohol, caffeine, and nicotine? Granted, there are illegal substances that are harmful like heroin, coke, speed, meth, crack, etcetera. Entheogens, on the other hand, are from the earth and natural, aren't addicting, and can only be classified as 'drugs' in that they shift consciousness. Meditation does the same thing, as do all the other techniques given in the Realist Test. 'Drug' is a generic word, it can mean anything. You should do some research and not blindly accept what the government tells you what is and what isn't a drug. That's a form of faith; faith in the authority of a governing body to tell one what truth is.

Quote:
I'll wager that if I did nothing but take those shaministic drugs and skipped all other parts such as meditating and fasting, that I would have a very odd experience anyway.

It all depends on set and setting. This means your environment and your intention. If you are in a quiet comforting place, by yourself, and intend to discover yourself at the deepest levels, it'll work. If you take them with an intent to escape your 'reality' or get fucked up and go to an environment like a death metal concert, a rowdy bar, or hang around negative, angry people, you may have an 'odd experience' indeed. Or may be not. Either way, how would you know, you've never tried. It's like a virgin telling a very experienced and sexually active man what sex is all about....and saying sex is bad because that's what the government 'preaches' as truth. This vast gap between your experience with entheogens and mine is similiar and a valid comparison. Sad, but true.

Quote:
You also say that there is something spiritual in the near death experience. Have you been to scared to look up what science has discovered? When your heart rate slows down as you near death, your brain becomes oxygen deprived, and certian parts of your brain go haywire. One malfunction that almost always occurs is a problem with the visual cortex, making you think that you see a bright shining light. To believe things without proof, or with nothing but your own proof, is to be too cowardly to admit that you may be wrong.

Again, how would you know what its like to be transformed by a near-death experience? You yourself have claimed that death is your most ultimate fear, a fear I have experienced and moved beyond in my path of living on Earth. Either way, you have your evidence and proof and I have mine. I've never said your evidence is wrong, simply that there's more, a mystery. Also, I never said that I couldn't be wrong or that I'm the final authority on what the universe is. I'm just a dude from Texas expressing my teachings and my experience here in cyber-world. But if you wish to hear it, here goes.

<clearing throat> I may be wrong.

Now, can you make the same statment? Am I still 'cowardly'? Or am I just wrong no matter what I write because I'm a 'believer' in your eyes?

Quote:
You say I am a part of the religion of proof.

Beest said this not I.

Quote:
However, I cannot get you to answer this simple question, if someone came into this forum and started preaching that he had discovered his bookcase was the center of the spritual universe, would you incorperate his ideas into your belief system, or realise that he had no evidence to back up his outragious claims, and begin to ignore him? I await your answer with interest, and wonder if you will simply ignore it yet again . . .

You never addressed this question to me, but here goes.

I would be open-minded and discerning; listening to his arguments, his logic, his life experience, the stability of his mind, and then come to a conclusion after debating him extensively. Who knows how the relationship would turn out, I couldn't say. I may encorporate many ideas about imagination or how to find happiness. It depends. If he was just preaching and ranting and raving that he and his views were the end-all of what was what, I wouldn't listen to him at all and begin to ignore him. If he presented knowledge or wisdom to find ease in all areas of life and explained them in ways that make complete sense, I would try out his teachings. If they worked, I would encorporate them. If they didn't, I would discard them. Either way I would respect him as a living being.

The end all here is this Realist: you and your views are not better than or more superior to any others. You will die the same as all of us, despite how more 'right' you are, or think you are, or feel you are. You went off and called me cowardly because I wrote six short sentences describing the attributes of my Transport Experience, a question which you yourself posted. Why are you so angry towards my beliefs?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:02 pm  Reply with quote

hmm....this time i'm freaking sure i posted the answer to the question. i said that i'd listen to his reasoning, see from his point of view why he's worshiping the bookcase, and if it made sense i might assimilate his ideas into my own. it all depended on how well he conveyed his side of the arguement. if he couldn't id respect his beliefs, though not follow them myself. aright now this is here, and enjoy.
Page 3 of 4
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme