FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

Ouch. that's what we like to call an opposition parry. but that is an excelent point... how can you become new if everything you know is old? you do have to start somewhere, but if the Transport is real, wouldn't it be kind of automatic? I mean, wouldn't you achieve it eventually, supposing that you wanted to?

good one Beest.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:26 am  Reply with quote

Once again, good questions Beest. And, of course there's no absolutes...but here goes.

nightbeest77 wrote:
Indeed, however by that point any and every thing you do is pointless, since it will die and be replaced by the new.

Then, in essence, you're saying that life itself is pointless...because EVERYTHING eventually dies and is replaced by something new. That's life, that's death. It's a process of constant creativity and transformation, creation and destruction: a Transport going nowhere and everywhere at once. Because Nature IS, the question of whether this process is pointless or not is based upon free will...our beliefs about Nature, creation, destruction, change...etc. The Transport/Path/Reality/Field/Tunnel is neutral, it simply molds to the vibrations that influence it. To say that even one moment/emotion/choice/event of our life is outside of this basic cycle or law of Nature is a primary falsehood of human thought.

nightbeest77 wrote:
And are you truly able to isolate yourself from the society that holds our fledgling race together? Are you truly able to renounce friends, ones who stand by you, family, who has kept you alive since day one, and experiences that have made you develop into what you are now?

There's no need to isolate oneself from society. There's no need to renounce any possession, relationship, habit, or belief..if it does knot impede you along the path to Truth, Love, and Energy. Try this experiment. Say you decided to move to Hawaii to follow a deep yearning of your heart. You tell your family and friends. Some, although they love you and because they cannot function (seemingly) without your love, would impede your dreamÖthey would create a limitation upon your desired freedom and expression of being. Do you then not become and grow into a more powerful being so that their insecurities may be honored? This is what Iím speaking of. True friends and family will understandÖ.and those that donít, that create a boundary around true freedom, should be gently let go of. Of course this path is only for the seeker searching for Truth, Love, and Energy. It takes sacrafice and is not easy.

nightbeest77 wrote:
even if you do believe in the transport theory, its flawed, because you weren't born with the knowledge, you were taught it, the old being RECYCLED to the future generations, thatís how it is with beliefs and such, they are always passed down to others, in the same generation or future ones. Simply by teaching the theory to another do you violate it in its core sense, itís a paradoxical circumstance, now the question is, how do you solve it with these things in mind?

Well, I agree that the old is recycled to the future generationsÖbut that doesnít mean thatís it the same as if ever was. Itís always different. The only thing that is recycled is the energy, even the teachings eventually transform over time. Yogis thousands of years ago were adamant about keeping their teachings pure. But over time all things change. And I donít see how the Transport is flawed if, by its very definition, it is the vehicle/carrier that takes us to a moment that has never been before, which is every moment, the NOW. Every moment is a unique twist on ALL THAT IS, on Nature, on the NOW. Being taught something, having knowledge transferred, growing and maturing and learningÖ.itís a ride upon the Transport. And it IS a paradoxical circumstance.... which I stated when I first began this post.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:43 am  Reply with quote

Paradoxical or not, my point is that the entire thing is flawed. Paradoxical is the entirely other matter, the beliefs are paradoxical, but the way that you teach it is what I have the problem with.

While nature is, nature also does, it changes, it adapts, it does things, it interacts, and many things depend on others for survival, and plan accordingly. It doesn't simply exist, it lives and does. If it does mold to the vibrations that influence it, then all is well and good, however then this becomes shockingly like laws of causality it seems, and if its affected by the vibrations, what of those who decide to no longer be affected by anything? Then all future vibrations stop and the previous ones are the only ones that hold fast, and therefore the future ones would be outside the cycle, passing by as though they never happened. yes?

And so by ignoring all those who care about you and have helped you develop you can make yourself happy? Pardon me if i dont choose to be a selfish bastard who hurts other around them in little to great ways. And ironically you cling to the idea that has been taught to you by the SAME PEOPLE WHO YOU INTERACT WITH! What of that?

However over time some things change, some do not, and whether it is the vehicle or not. And how can this "all powerful" transport always be giving the ride? What of times when someone's journey ceases? What of those who abandon everything, journey and destination included? What of those who change their paths and never get to the destination? What of those who get to the destination without paths.

Perhaps its just me, but i'm just getting tired of seeing "The Transport" all over the place in posts. Perhaps try using different terminology. And its not a bad theory at all, but it leaves much to be desired and has many loopholes, and has the "im full of bullshit" in terms of teaching it that Transcendentalism does. (for more information read the old posts on Emmerson and Thoureu that were posted somewhere. The main thing that makes me mad is the fact that you're being hippocritical by saying "You must experience it all for yourself" while at the same time ingraining your ideas and opinions on others. Its not even paradoxical, its simply contradictory. (the difference being that paradoxical is more mysterious most of the time, whereas contradictory is blatant) other than that, its good.
transport22
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:13 pm  Reply with quote

Well....it's Friday night and I'm short on time to answer all of the questions and perspectives you brought up....but I do have time for this one.

nightbeest77 wrote:
And so by ignoring all those who care about you and have helped you develop you can make yourself happy? Pardon me if i dont choose to be a selfish bastard who hurts other around them in little to great ways.

It's clear to me that you are in some form of emotional conflict regarding this mini-topic. (so I'll be a man, hold my tongue, and let it slide that you called me a selfish bastard who hurts those around me to be 'happy')

Perhaps this scenario will clarify to you where I'm coming from. You are graduating from high school and you've been loved by your parents and friends your whole life. Something inside of you, an inner voice says "you need to express yourself through painting." Yet, your parents want you to become a lawyer, and that they'll take care of your every need if you agree.

What do you do?

Your friends want you to go to the same university with them and join a frat. Something inside of you says that you need to take a year off from school to paint, read, and travel places.

What do you do?

Do you heed that inner guidance or do you succumb to external pressures to be something that you're not?

nightbeest77 wrote:
And ironically you cling to the idea that has been taught to you by the SAME PEOPLE WHO YOU INTERACT WITH! What of that?

I've never learned this idea from the very people I interact with. I've learned this from direct experience. If I listened to my parents I would be in the Air Force. If I listened to my friends I would still be an alcoholic/stoner waiting tables. And I never stopped loving them or giving them my love. On the contrary, because I've changed, I have MORE love to give them.

I listened to my heart and walked my own path with courage. I am not a soldier in the Air Force. I am not a druggie/alcoholic.

I AM a teacher of yoga and shaminism, and I help people daily get closer to spirit and heal their pain and suffering.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:55 pm  Reply with quote

I just have to stick my two cents into this one. My parents have completely taken care of all of my needs up till this point, and even a bit after. hell, they've taken care of needs I didn't know I had. because of my dad, I know the feeling of a Job Well Done, I know how to turn a wrench and fill a tire, I know how to enjoy music, and how to make music. my mom was always the primary care-giver, but my dad was always the primary teacher.

but neither of them ever pushed me towards anything. well, a long, long time ago my dad tried to teach me the guitar, but I wasn't into it. so he dropped it. now, nine years later, i'm taking it up with a passion, but because I wanted to, not because anyone pushed me. and as of right now, my mom and my dad have made me no suggestions or ultimatums as to what I'll be when I 'grow up' (assuming that ever happens, of course). they know I'm planning on becoming a professional musician. they also know that at the moment i'm concidering not going to college. I'm sure they care, but they have yet to give me a 'stern talking-to'.

in short. I feel like the luckiest bastard to ever be yanked from a woman's womb.

that's all. disregard as necisary.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 10:25 am  Reply with quote

While in somewhat of an emotional conflict about it yes, however not in the senses you presented, the minor instances that are both petty and important in life. I speak in regards to the ones that wind up hurting permanently, such as the ones that wind up ostracizing you from family and friends in a place when you move to another to do something.

The minor choices of what your parents want you to do, if they're real humans and love you, they wont resent it for long. If you enjoy what you do and do well at it and can live off it in some way or another, thats what will matter to them.

Your friends would understand the short time off the same way. My point would be the permanent things that would occur. And because you can go with them to the university and join the frat a year later with little to no problems.

I heed the inner guidance based on common sense as i see it, and the fact that while things are expected of me, to take over my dads funeral home business after i graduate from college for instance, i know i dont want to do that, ive said that many times, and my parents got over it. Many people i know i suspect to be using or addicted to drugs and such, and thats their choice, if they like me well enough to know me, they know that i stay away from that stuff with all the effort in my soul.

And yes you did, therefore, learn from the people around you. You had to learn from them in your experiences. Thats a part of it you cant deny, because the people and things around you and from your past ARE your experiences.

And obviously different things are expected from different people. I personally would have loved to be in the air force, but people who are red-green color blind and need glasses dont tend to get much better jobs than engineers, and piloting is something ive always been interested in.

And one can teach anything, one can teach to heal, one can teach to teach, one can teach to learn, one can teach for no reason at all. But the question is are you still truly allright with influencing like your beliefs say you should not? That hippocritical statement is the one that infuriates me the most, not the fact that you're doing it, but the fact that you dont admit it, proclaiming it as an unimportant paradox in the system of beliefs that you're teaching. Much like i dont care that emmerson made his living preaching about transcendentalism even though its supposed to be entirely self based. He knew obviously that he was just manipulating for money, otherwise he wouldn't have done it. That really is the only issue i have. I admit that many of my theories have the same exact problem, i acknowledge that, but the way I see it its their choice to come and listen to my way, but by your definitions and proclimations its entirely irrelevant to what they do, whether they heed it or not. Its the admitting part that just pisses me off to biblical degrees and sends me off the deep end. Sorry but thats just a personal thing with me.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:21 pm  Reply with quote

Itís not always easy to humble oneself, but here goes.

You are correct in your assessment of my recent state of being. I have an arrogance dragon, one of seven fear patterns my shaman teacher has told me about. I'm working on it consciously, but it's a constant struggle, and it usually takes another person to really pin down when Iím acting the way I do.

I've discovered a new pattern in the way I communicate to others about spirit. I use my intellect and then I speak to others about my teachings. I think and then act. But to be an authentic, humble, neutral, balanced teacher, one must also come from the heart, the emotional/feeling center. This means that the way I speak to people comes across without feeling at times, or if with feeling, then with the very emotions that arrogance produces.

Another attribute of arrogance is that it is a cover-up for a basic belief in a lack of real power within. I truly do wish to help others find the solutions to their challenges in life, but youíre right, I seem to push my ideas on others. Of course, when Iím intentionally working on opening my heart and being humble, those that wish to understand my teachings are naturally drawn towards me without my need to Ďsaveí them.

So...I am contradicting myself and I am thankful for your honest feedback. = )
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 9:01 am  Reply with quote

THAT is the only thing that i was looking for, now i'm satisfied. And arrogance can be an asset at times, especially if you're trying to help someone who needs it and seeks answers from you.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:22 pm  Reply with quote

It can be an asset only as far as the person/persons receiving the information is willing to believe in the illusion you're spinning. Indeed, most arrogant people believe the illusion themselves, which creates a somewhat true reality in a sense...until they inevitably fall flat on their faces. Arrogance ultimately leads one to believe they are more powerful/smarter/better than someone else when, in a very real sense, we are all equal in worth.

My experience with my arrogance dragon has taught me about real power. Real power comes from grounded, neutral service to the higher self within and to others, all while learning, honoring, and riding the wave of existence (Transport).
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:51 pm  Reply with quote

Arrogance to a degree is what i meant. The arrogance to be willing to teach your beliefs is essential, since you have to think its better than some ideas to be willing to teach it in the first place. This whole place is (technically) really one big arrogance pit if you think about it!
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:45 pm  Reply with quote

It does resemble an arrogance pit at times! = )

Yet without each other as mirrors, how could we reflect upon our projection?
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:46 pm  Reply with quote

ask God and see what he thinks.

wait, we tried that... there's a reason the Holocaust happened.
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

Asking God directly is prayer, and waiting for a response is still of form of reflective projection, is it not?
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:55 pm  Reply with quote

oh my!! theyre all big long essays, can someone please summerise it, ill get bored reading it, and it just wont go in!!!!
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:52 pm  Reply with quote

In essence my philosophy on life is about honoring the Transport.

The Transport carries the evolutionary thrust of intellegence, love, and energy from the Unmanifest into the diverse and creative Universe we experience and contemplate. It's the underlying and intimate vehicle that is forever creating union between the Unmanifest and the Form. It's the paradoxal eye at the center of the infinity symbol: everywhere, nowhere, Now, and never.

As a Form in existence, it is impossible for us to contemplate the true nature of the Unmanifest~nothing. We can only know ourselves by the reflection we cast. Similarily, the Unmanifest is the 'vast and empty ocean' of formlessness~nothingness~space~silence. It's fundamental reflection is seen through the cosmic patterns of the Transport at play. Namely the Trinity ~Truth, Love, and Energy~

Truth:
higher intellegence, All Is One, cosmic design
Love:
higher emotional, union (yoga), cosmic glue
Energy:
higher movement, fusion, destruction, sexuality, cosmic creativity

Honoring the Trinity one honors the Transport. Honoring the Transport (which is the primary, geometric reflection of the Unmanifest) one honors the Unmanifest. Honoring the Unmanifest one honors Source, All That Isn't, the Cosmic Womb, the Ultimate Mystery...our true/untrue beginnings/endings.

Honoring the Transport one becomes a channel for the Unmanifest on multi-dimensonal levels, a conscious creator, an embodiment of the union of the highest aspects of the mind~emotions~body.

At least, that's my take on it from my Earthly perspective here in Texas.
Page 2 of 4
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme