New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Datura
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:27 pm  Reply with quote

Quote:
and who says we favor logic?

It's a gender thing. Dun worry *pats*

Quote:
better an old man than a foolish young one

Since when does age mean anything? There's a lot of ignorant old people out there... seemingly in most of the positions of power around the countries.

Quote:
well, no. at least in things regarding masses of people (i reference you to the things you said challenging about trial and error, slavery and such)

Point it out to me, and I'll give you a cookie or something....

Quote:
and whether you meant to apologize or not, it sounded like you did, *parrys thrust from thoth* and you see? i myself am always on gaurd! or at least i try to be. can you tell when im not???

Apologise? Whu..? Who said I had to apologise? And what's with the weird pseudo-fencing stuff you guys do... You can't even get the terminology right. It's Garde, not guard. (did *real* fencing :P) *thwack*
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:38 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
It's a gender thing. Dun worry *pats*

bah...gender *snort*

Quote:
Since when does age mean anything? There's a lot of ignorant old people out there... seemingly in most of the positions of power around the countries.

agreed and there are young ones just as foolish. since we do mostly learn through trial and error.

Quote:
Point it out to me, and I'll give you a cookie or something....

*points it out* happy? i want my damn cookie!

Quote:
Apologise? Whu..? Who said I had to apologise? And what's with the weird pseudo-fencing stuff you guys do... You can't even get the terminology right. It's Garde, not guard. (did *real* fencing :P) *thwack*

i was talkin about thoth, and we're both wrong, its gaurde. just so you know!! this proves a point about intelligence and knowledge being subjective!
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:40 pm  Reply with quote

meh, not the terminology, the spelling.

and so what, i slip.

and i fence as well, thank you. well, i know how to... don't know much of the names for anything, but i can do it just fine. skill above knowledge in my book.

and i also practice in Kendo and Jujutsu (mostly the sword styles of Jujutsu).

so what if it's garde? the only difference is changing one unnecisary vowel for another.

so there's the psudo-fencing. if you want, i can just iijitsu (boy, i WISH i could really do that) everybody, and be done with it.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:17 am  Reply with quote

well when you can do iijitsu youd better tell us. besides kendo and jujitsu is enough to impress the hell out of me. ive done a bit of training with swords, but its mostly basic. and anyway its really just fun no matter how you do it. and in the end, i guess you get to put in on your resume!

probably wont help you to get a desk job though...(unless its a really unconventional [and in my opinion] better office! now THATS where i'd want to work in an office!) (even though offices really do suck, another product of the system. *time for the political incorrectness for spite* its the man keepin me down. *end political incorrectness for spite*
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

you did NOT just say desk job...

*busts out his white glove and slaps Beest twice across the face with it*

sir, you have offended my honor!

yea, but seriously, i don't want a 'job', i'm working on becoming a professional Saxophone player. gonna try like hell for a Doctorate in music, so if (and when) i finally slow down on the sax-plaing, i'll have a nice teaching reference to fall back on.

ah, that's the way i wanna go.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:17 pm  Reply with quote

well when i say desk i mean like an ai transforming desk that can go on a friendly rampage if im bored, fly me places, and would be in the middle of the jungle or desert or someplace interesting! and not enclosed in a building of course

and remember, desk is always relative!

and i have no clue what i want to do. ive been wanting to be an engineer and a biotechnician but never really got interested in what you need to learn to become one, besides im never good with book learning, better with on the job experience and seeing it done.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:37 pm  Reply with quote

book learning sux... i just pay attention in Jazz Lab...and listen to lots of Charlie Parker.

that's the way to lurn...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:04 am  Reply with quote

i think it would be fun to be an engineer/biotechnician because of how i think. i have never believed that anyone is superior or inferior to anyone else, and this goes for any human (i include machines in that statement). because in the end we really arent that different from each other, and besides, if the machines in the matrix had been taught differently and actually accepted as equals, then it might not have gone to shit. GAH WHY DO MOST HUMANS HAVE TO BE SO !@#$!@#$$!@#$!@$@@$@#!$$!@#$@!$!#@$!@#$!ING STUPID????
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

i think that you are rather...wrong. some people are FAR superior to the vast majority of people, and there are only two ways to measure this superiority: by their actions and their dedication to one of their abilities. you say you measure up to Jesus Christ? yea, christianity has pretty much been mushed into BS, but you still can't forget the fact that Jesus Christ died for his people, in a rather brutal and messy way i might add. I don't measure up to Christ, (the human, by the way, not the Deity, [i.e. the mortal of the two]) at least not yet, because i have not done anything CLOSE to what he did, weather it accomplished anything or not. (though i may not be doing something that measures up to Christ, by the way, i do have some plans for a wee bit of action).

do you measure up to Buddah? the man that forsook royalty in order to bring peace to the poorest and most distraught souls? or are you Harriet Tubman, and come to free us from the 'machine' of our modern day advertisement based society? my point is, these men and women (and others which i either don't know of or can't think of) are far superior to, well, everybody. why? because they talked the talk, and then they walked the walk that went with it. step up! yea, right now there's plenty of equalty, because no one has any balls (parden the term) and won't do anything. of course, i could be wrong (there might be men and women today that have tried to do something that they belive in, but they have failed or been silenced) but you hopefully get my general idea.

POW!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:19 pm  Reply with quote

im not even going to bother trying to go through that! okay what right do you have to judge people and choose if and why they are better than others? just read my other posts. nobody has any right to decide who is better, nontheless SUPERIOR based on themselves. its all subjective. so do your best to remember that next time, instead of stating everything exactly contrary to the entire forum, allright?
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:17 am  Reply with quote

i'm not saying that i get to choose, i'm saying that they have goon above and beyond everyone else, and -by deffinition- are superior, or at least extraordinary.

so allright, i wen't over the top, but i was tired, in a hurry, and yea. and trying to usher in a new Era from my 15-year-old mindset can get me a bit excited.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

well that much i can sympathize with. and extraordinary i will agree, but not superior. but maybe thats just from my experiences. oh well *sigh* back to other, more important things.............*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

let's agree to disagree, as we're entering into the realm of deffiniton, and i don't feel like that right now.

*cuts off*
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:16 am  Reply with quote

*zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* *snort* wha? what happened? *confused blank stares*

anyway the stopping is good, just like the subjectiveness suggests!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:11 am  Reply with quote

allright then. we'll agree it.

unless you wanna be a hardass, and die at my skilled hands.

(oh yea, a friend of myine has a 2nd degree black-belt in kick-boxing, and he's begun my lessons. let me tell you, getting, getting hit in the jaw by a 2nd degree black-belt kick-boxer hurts like hell)
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme