FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:06 pm  Reply with quote

but my point is that they keep on going, they didn't just stop.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

They dont stop but they dont stay the same is my point, therefore in a sense they dont continue, since they arent the same, but they do continue in the way that they spawned the future ones.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:21 pm  Reply with quote

so I'm not the same person I was five minutes ago? I don't think so...
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:00 am  Reply with quote

well no thoth, youve grown, your mind has evolved and youve learnt new things, yeah you still look the sam etc, but you have sort of changed like beest said,

and i mean that memories and feelings and thoughts last forever, dya know whatta mean?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:36 pm  Reply with quote

you have changed, simply by reading my post you've changed, even the most infinitessimly small change is STILL a change.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:38 pm  Reply with quote

only technically. and I know, I know, the world is ruled on technicalities. but overall, I don't think it's a change, although it has the potential to be a change. you could remember something that you read back in the day that meant nothing to you then, but suddenly it jumps into your head from nowhere, and makes so much sense that you do change in a very large way. or perhaps it doesn't make sense, it just appeals to you.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:36 pm  Reply with quote

Well also every five minutes an immeaureable amount of cells are born and die so that your body itself may live too. And whether it has the ability or not varies as well too. Damned hard question to answer there.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:24 pm  Reply with quote

i think the answer is, we change but the changes are so subtle we dont notice them til they are complete.

I mean when your 5 and really small, and cant talk much you dont suddenly wake up one morning and go oh gosh!! im 16!!!! you never actually realise at the time, but you look back at a photo 2 years ago, or look through a poem you wrote and think..... ahhh, how ive changed!!

so its both of what you two think, beest is right, your different to what you where 5 mins ago, but you wont realise how different until a year later.

dya get me??
TheMan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:53 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, I get you sky. Oh and I thnk I got it: Peace=Good. Complacency=Bad. That should clear that up (even though Im prolly putting out a pile of ashes)
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

However good cannot sustain alone, one can only realize what good is with bad, and vice versa. Still cleared up?
TheMan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:41 am  Reply with quote

I dont think so. I think one can know good without knowing evil (using very general terms here just to make apoint)
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:32 am  Reply with quote

How can you classify something without something to comare it to? Its literally impossible. If you're only subject used to hardship, thats the bad norm, and being freed from it is good.

If you're well enough off, then you're probably feeling good, when it goes away, its bad, but if you never lose it then its just "the norm"

You see how classification works? It needs to have a comparable neutral or opposite point to even exist here.
TheMan
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:43 am  Reply with quote

what's wrong with good being the norm? Why do you have to classify it?
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:39 am  Reply with quote

to put it bluntly, that's what humans do best. we classify everythning. if we can't classify it, we still classify it as 'Unknown' or an 'anomoly'. basically, it's so we can be smartasses to each other. at least that's my idea.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:53 am  Reply with quote

I didnt classify "good" as the norm, i classified it in both ways with two different examples. "good" as the life before it went "bad" (the "norm" was "good" here), and "good" as the life after it became so (the "norm" was "bad" here).
Page 4 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme