FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:29 pm  Reply with quote

i didnt mean daydreaming, i daydream all the time literally, i meant really really deeply thinking, about all spiritual philisophical things, when you go so deep you feel like your not a part of the world, like your invisible, or below the surface, or maybe even so deep your in space, in a dark vacuum, with no light of its own swallowing you up into its deepest darkest parts like youll never be found again, and you feel so empty yet so full of thought, like you dont really belong on the earth.......

er... ok maybe thats just me, i went off on one a bit there
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:32 am  Reply with quote

Daydreaming and really deep though, they can be one and the same can they not? and if not how so?
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:53 pm  Reply with quote

I don't think they're one in the same exactly, but the're close, damn close. like, when you think, you're really just concidering, but day-dreaming, you're normally envisioning something, or 'living' out a fantasy or what have you on another level of existence: your mental one.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:57 am  Reply with quote

Well one cannot forget that many cling to dreams, day or otherwise, and try to live them for reason to continue on. So in effect they can be/are one and the same in some instances.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:15 pm  Reply with quote

to me theyre completely different...

thinking is you wondering about life, wondering what will happen next, what could happen, what might happen or what has happened

day dreaming, (not dreaming) is what you want to happen and wish to happen.

so for me very different.....dya get wher im cummin from?
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:46 pm  Reply with quote

yea, but your saying basically the same thing... basically. and basic is sometimes the best way to go.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:21 am  Reply with quote

Precisely! look at all the confusion ive instigated by one little post.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

Confusion keeps everyone guessing and uncomfortable, and that's good. because if you get comfortable, you die.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:51 am  Reply with quote

How so? What proof of that do you have? Comfort is a thing that can be achieved through hard work and sacrifice as a reward for it all, so how is that death? Its a temporary reprieve from the struggle to achieve it in the end, even if all empires do crumble eventually.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

I was speaking more of the idea of getting 'too comfortable'. I.E. relying more on tools than on one's self. 'comfort' as in laying in the shade and watching everyone work their ass off while you get fat and lazy. I suppose what you were talking could be more 'peace' than 'comfort', if you follow me.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 11:19 am  Reply with quote

Well my point is that nothing lasts forever, comfort included.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 1:31 pm  Reply with quote

nothing lasts forever.........why???

why cant we make it?? like what thoth always goes on about, if we beleive it so much, our mind makes it real.......

feelings last forever, memories, legends, they may get slightly changed and what not (what a phrase!!! lol) but they are always there.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

Because as Transport said, time passes, and things change. Its a fact of life, look back in history, do we live the same way as a thousand years ago? Progress or Digress, you choose, but by even typing a response you prove that things DO change, forums like this never would have existed even twenty years ago. (ones that are as widely accessable i mean)
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:27 pm  Reply with quote

but it'll keep on going in one form or another. at least I think so. we still have dinosaurs, they've just got really small and have grown feathers. and some things don't change nearly as quickly. Crocs have stayed more or less the same, just gotten smaller.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 5:27 pm  Reply with quote

And we actually dont even know if they have gotten smaller. And we dont really know if there arent dinosaurs living in underground caverns avec "Journey to the Center of the Earth" And you cant forget that they are far from their ancestors due the the multitude of changes that have occured since their ancestors walked the earth. Its another side effect of time. Same in name, but not the same spirit.
Page 3 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme