FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:51 pm  Reply with quote

except masochists. and nobody likes a masochist!

hehehe...
TheMan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:16 pm  Reply with quote

I dont wanna be a wet blanket...but you know how long people have been saying its gonna be the end of the world, spritiual rebirth, etc.? Let me tell you, its been a while. people in year 999 thought it was gonna be the end of the world...so did people in 1899...I know there were many cases in between, and prolyl some before. SO my question is, how are we sure? The answer prolly will be, well we aren't but we gotta try. This is wher Im at a conflict with meself, as I cant seem to commit myself so freely to the cause as one like transport can. What am I to do? wait for a sign? meditate? WHAT???
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:37 pm  Reply with quote

TheMan wrote:
I dont wanna be a wet blanket...but you know how long people have been saying its gonna be the end of the world, spritiual rebirth, etc.?

Yes, it's a reoccurring theme of every mythology and tradition from beyond who knows when. The only difference now is that we're 6 billion and growing exponentially. See 'Recommended Reading' for a speech I just posted by Daniel Quinn for a more scientific, rational view of the shift.

TheMan wrote:
Let me tell you, its been a while. people in year 999 thought it was gonna be the end of the world...so did people in 1899...I know there were many cases in between, and prolyl some before. SO my question is, how are we sure? The answer prolly will be, well we aren't but we gotta try. This is wher Im at a conflict with meself, as I cant seem to commit myself so freely to the cause as one like transport can. What am I to do? wait for a sign? meditate? WHAT???

There is no real certainty for the future, except that it's always changing and that change is influenced by our Now now. I've found, even before my 'Transport Experience', that I could gently guide my experience here on Earth. It's a matter of combining the Now with clarity and intent. Clarity is knowing exactly what you want to manifest. Intent is like magic, a wish with willpower behind it. Get clear on what you want to experience by breathing deeply and peacefully in the NOW and then communicate your intent to the Universe, coming from a place of strength, gratitude, and intelligence. Project from the belly, heart, & head.

I start each morning with a moment of sacred silence, giving thanks that I'm alive, aware, and unique. Then I speak an intention or several of them. A statement like:

I intend to move into my day with wonder and freedom; open to all the truths and secrets the world has to offer. I intend to discover a true balance between work, play, study, and rest. I intend to find a book/teacher/energy that completely shifts my life in profound ways towards my highest and most creative potential.

It sounds wonky, but that's how reality is designed. We create it with our thoughts, emotions, and our actions in every moment of our lives. We broadcast this vibration out and then similar vibrations are attracted to us. In essence, this is a very powerful and evolved form of prayer and assistance.

Hope that helps. And a great little book that's an easy read and has exercises is Shakti Gawain's Creative Visualization.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:41 pm  Reply with quote

Every belief system does indeed have its own myth about the end of the world, but think about this. How do we know they, in part or whole. havn't happened before? We are simply the latest in the chain of people who have inhabited this planet for (as far as our recorded history shows) thousands of years. There could have been much before that, after all we dont and may never know.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:52 pm  Reply with quote

my point exactly! and who says nothing changed after the year 999? or 1899? or 1999?. If you look at pop-culture, there was a very radical change in the 'Y2K years'. quite suddenly and without warning, music is about women wearing tight-fitting (or very little) clothing and dancing around on stage, instead of talent, poetry, and in essence, music itself. We've done got planes crashed in buildings, started a war, ruined our economy (or messed it up pretty bad, at least. the Internet is majorly to blame. not the actual internet, but all the people who used it. 'Dot Com Era' anyone?) I don't know about you all, but seems to me that there's plenty of change to go around just from that. I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest some reading material. Last night, a friend of mine convinced me to spend 15 dollars and buy a 200 page comic book entitled 'Kingdom Come'. I read quickly, but I was up until 4 this morning reading it (and looking at all the pretty pictures). despite what you may all think ("Oh God, a comic-book. ugh") it's chock-full of metaphors and warnings and the like. it's simply about change, and if you like that sort of thing coupled with four-page spreads of comic-book action, this is the book for you. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED.

it's kid-friendly, too!
transport22
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:04 pm  Reply with quote

There are 'myths' and 'stories' about prior civilizations that fell from grandeur before ours, Atlantis & Lemuria to name two. Of course, to accept the probability of their existence, one must move beyond the imprinting of the 'history' we've been taught in school. Although we will never know of those that existed before (unless we remember ourselves multi-dimensionally, or hard-core evidence surfaces that the governments cannot supress) we do know they all share one common characteristic. They all FALL. Its a predictable phenomenon that they all fall over time.... just look at the Russians, the Germans, the Romans, the Sumerians, the Greeks, and back into the beginning of our 'current written history'. The American Empire seems to be on such a brink. And for the first time in 'recorded history', the whole global village of Earth is riding on the same boat of economic and environmental imbalances. We too will FALL, perhaps in our lifetimes. What we'll do and accomplish after the FALL is what free will is all about.

Again, if anyone is interested, read the post entitled Daniel Quinn on the Future in the 'Recommended Reading' section. I'd like to chat about what he has to say if anyone is game. Oh yeah...check out Fahrenheit 911!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:49 am  Reply with quote

thoth: interesting, where might i find this comic? ive got some free time today even, so hurry up and spill! need good reading material....

transport: thats true, and you also have to look that some people thought that the end of certain civilizations was the end of the world, the roman empire for instance, you cant argue that there were probably some who thought hell was freezing over. Also the chinese empire, they probably thought the same thing. Anyway, you see my point.
transport22
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

I suppose it's more correct to say it was the 'end of the world as they knew it'. The same for us....'it's the end of the world as we know it'...maybe.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

"and I feel fine..."

You can find Kingdom Come at any comic shop that has any sense. never been much of a comic-book person myself, but this is one of the best stories I've read in a long time. and I like stories. speakin' of which, Im'a post a shortie of mine in There Is No Board in a little bit.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Aright aright, i'll go hunting for it later today, thanks. IT does sound interesting enough.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:22 pm  Reply with quote

the thing about change, and coming to an end is all related to the matrix...
remember, everything that has a beginning has an end???? well, i suppose thats all thats happenning really, and the things that have not beginnings have no ends...

and anyway, its not really change is it, its a slow change, like evolution, humans and our race and cultures and lifestyles, and music, and fashion, its all evolving..... is it not???

like when me and thoth were on about growing up, you get older everyday, and change everyday, but the change is so slight, you only notice after 10yrs or so, its just the same.

we are evolving!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:08 pm  Reply with quote

Perhaps everything that has a beginning does have an end, but that end is when you decide for it to be. Plain and simple.

Interesting anecdote: (a complete tangent from the current discussion) recently i was bored, so i went and did something i hadnt for a few years, and i wrote a few poems. Granted, compared to the old ones where i was at least semi good, these were only one step above crap. The first one, that is. the second one, i began to remember what i had done before, and tried again, it was better, but not as good, the same with the third!

I guess my point here is that even if we grow and evolve, there's a few skill that'll stick around forever, even if buried deep in your subconcious.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:58 pm  Reply with quote

Ah, Poetry. I do poetry. I'll post some poetry, if you post some...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:31 pm  Reply with quote

Well i already did, remember? i had to freaking beg to get people to say what they thought of it! (you mostly, smeg head!)

and anyway...yeah i forgot what i was going to say...it'll hit me in a while.
TheMan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:46 am  Reply with quote

You don't wanna be a bird
you just wanna be a human with wings
Page 3 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme