FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:55 pm  Reply with quote

we should delete this........ its completely off topic.... its hard to stay on topic tho because you get tired and cant be boffard to reply in a descent way.......

wow, a new topic......

have you ever been talking about something, and wondered why you were, so you traced it back through all your conversations from memory and realised that what you started with links in NO way (straight forwardly) to what you were talking about???????
dont you feel wierd???
why is it people go off course, you never finish one topic.....

(in my experience)
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:10 pm  Reply with quote

because there is no end. it's all a circle, or chain, or some other connective device. it all flows together, but that flow can be guided by thoughts and actions durring the conversation. kind of like existance.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:47 pm  Reply with quote

Well even the most extreme and seemingly decripifying digressions CAN be useful, even though most of ours arent now.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:02 pm  Reply with quote

anything can be useful, it's all how you look at it, take it, and apply it to whatever you need to apply it to.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:34 am  Reply with quote

And if you look even CLOSER you'll see that most of mine do bring up important points in some way.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

mostly yes. but sometimes, not especially.
kiki
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:17 pm  Reply with quote

The reason you go off topic when your talking to people is beacuse your having a conversation - you talk about one thing, they reply, then you reply to what they said and so on! By the end of it your bound to have gone off topic because each thing you say is in reply to what was last said and not to what was first said!
Or if your like me you just start talking about anything and then forget what your point was!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:31 pm  Reply with quote

Well thats no bad thing, and eventually we wind up bringing the host topic back into play. And has anyone managed to contact Datura at all? I miss debating with her all the time, kinda how rivals become friends in the end and all.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:18 pm  Reply with quote

it's kind of like a scaled-down view of Evolution. and as for Datura, I havn't been able to contact her.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:34 am  Reply with quote

yeah i know that, but isnt it wierd, dont you ever wonder exactly how you got there though, i know the principle, but actually what you talked about that got you there, and how it progressed, or 'evolved'
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:14 pm  Reply with quote

sometimes I do, but alot of the time I'm worried about what's happening and not what has, or what will. and with these boards, it makes it very easy to look back and see how you ended up where you ended up, assuming you ended up...
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:50 am  Reply with quote

yeah.....i agree
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:34 pm  Reply with quote

Indeedy, thats half the fun of it, but do they make you wonder what becomes in the future? THAT is the million dollar question.
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:35 pm  Reply with quote

yes, from time to time I say "wow, look where I've been... where am I going?" so do I get a million dollars?

but why do we do it? why do we care where we're going (if we do, of course)?
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:34 pm  Reply with quote

Well i can write you a check for 1,000,000 play dollars right away. Just print out this post!

And just because you ask that doesnt earn it for you though, what you take from it is what does.
Page 1 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme