FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:44 pm  Reply with quote

thats pessimistic man! wheres the love!

now that THATS out of the way, yes, we could fly if we put our minds to it and actually convinced ourselves that we could fly. however the years upon years of school prevent us from doing that, because they give us the scientific reasons as to why we cannot. anything IS possible IF ALL THE FACTORS ARE AVAILABLE. the problem is that the factor of the open and uncorrupted mind are no longer an option becase they are full to the brim of scientific facts.

its like the first jump in the matrix. nobody can friggin make it because of science. it taught them what they could and could not do (perhaps this is another allegorical cave?) whereas they actually had the ability to do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. its that simple. anything is possible, anything.
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:12 pm  Reply with quote

'anything is possible, which means that nothing is possible, because anything being possible makes nothing being possible possible.'

yep.

and pessimistic? oops... sorry, i didn't mean to...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

in effect yes. that is indeed one of the options that one can choose to believe based on the statement, however thats pretty goddamn boring in my opinion! and if nothing is possible, how do you explain us typing on a forum like this? flying into space? connecting the world while we actually sit on our asses?
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:53 pm  Reply with quote

even though nothing is possible, anything is still possible, you see.
it's a theory i have, i call it the 'simultainy principle'. any two things happen at any given second at any location in every plane of existance.

of course, 'any two' could easily by augmented to become 'any five million' etc.

so, at any given time, anything happens, and nothing happens.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 7:19 am  Reply with quote

thats it again! its indeed like the matrix once more. because of how the entire program stacks upon itself billions upon billions of times, different realities can and probably are happening. its like how people think drinking before a certain time makes them alcoholics, so they dont drink until five, thats where the phrase: "its five somewhere in the world" comes from.

and it always is five somewhere in the world just in general. and that proves it in a pinch that anything is possible, because nothing being possible is a redundant part of that statement.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:01 am  Reply with quote

circular, or perhaps more of a lopsided eight...
that's how the world seems to work, and indeed, the entirety of the universe is orgonized in a more or less round fashion. orbits of planets, the planets themselves, the rings of jupiter.

it's all round.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 9:43 am  Reply with quote

it may be a circle and it may be round, but it is far from endless, and this has been proven many times throughout this world, in real life and the matrix movies.

once again, you can choose to make it a three dimensional dodecahedron if you so choose, but its not easy or what most choose to do, but there are always the few, always the special few.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:31 am  Reply with quote

as long as you are enlightened, the world is what you make of it.
of course, for some this is much more literal than others.

and no, nothing is infinite, it always stops somehow, like a section of the circle being erased. but it is repeated by something or someone.

history repeats itself.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:06 pm  Reply with quote

at least for now, history will repeat itself, but eventually humans will become *gasp* SMARTER! granted it'll take a darn long time, but it will happen, because after all, anything is possible, right?

and with that in mind, history may and probably has stopped repeating itself in another spectrum/dimension of this reality, and after all, you cant give up hope, because thats one of the driving forces behind our "evolution" if you see us as still doing so. and once we do give up hope, many people would simply just sit around doing nothing. i think the fact that there are so many people just out there doing something to stop something like this from happening is remarkable in its own right.

even though they might not be going about it the right way...
Zenzirouj
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:23 pm  Reply with quote

First of all, objects tend to work in a circular fashion because it's the most energy-conservant action something like a planet could orbit in. Masses will collect themselves in circular forms whenever possible because they get the highest mass to surface area ratio. I'm not sure what you're trying to say with the whole circle thing, unless you're trying to prove that history repeats itself because lots of stuff happens in circles...That's just stupid.

History does not repeat itself, humans are just stupid that way. Even if you take the exact same variables and put them into an experiment, the result will always be different in a fundemental way. (The movement of electrons are random, the Butterfly Effect explains how this makes big changes.) I'm not saying that everything is always random, but if you repeat the same thing over and over the Chaos Theory says that it will eventually change.
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:15 am  Reply with quote

chaos theory is based on math, which is a scientific approach to explain the universe. science is the worst vessel to try and explain the universe, because it is based on taking things for granted. and of course, all of the rules of science state that 'some things just can't happen,' and that is completely false, at least in my view.

and i did not say things move in a circular fashion becuase everything is round, simply that the universe works in a round fashion because it simply does.

history repeats itself, because humans are too unintelegent to realize what the're doing. it dosn't do it in an exact fashion, it simply repeats.

and please, dont call people's ideas stupid.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 10:30 am  Reply with quote

once again youre right, science is THE worst way because of that. however you can believe what you want to belive, but seriously dont ever call people's ideas stupid, after all yours might be too in the end. and chaos theory has its flaws too.

in the end, i think its just that humans are too stupid to learn from their mistakes, and as a result they and their creations make the same mistakes over and over again.
Zenzirouj
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:34 pm  Reply with quote

I never said that his idea was stupid, reread the message. I said that IF he was saying that history repeats itself because planets and other stuff move in circles, THEN that was stupid. Because there's no correlation between the two.

Like I said, I think that humans will basically repeat their own actions, but fundamental differences will chnage the course of history, preventing repitition. But, it may take several cycles before the change can happen.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:39 pm  Reply with quote

like i said in a previous post, its the basic themes that repeat themselves, and thats because of our mentality. if he said that its because of the planets rotating, i think thats wrong, but hes entitled to what he believes. but its just because of basic human stupidity and ignorance that it happens most of the time.
The Renagade Blue
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:09 am  Reply with quote

what do you mean by basic themes?
i can say "things move in circles. i think they do because _____"
people can accept the first part because it's reasonable
but is it? or is it an illusion? is it cloaked by perception?
im pretty sure SOMEBODY said that things move in straight lines, what was THAT guy thinking?
history may repeat itself, or that might be impossible
but what does this all have to do with humans?
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme