FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

New Post   Reply spiritual paths <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:39 pm  Reply with quote

well, it's that time again... I've begun to search for an acceptable religion. and if I can't find one, i'll just settle for the athiest deal I suppose. so any thoughts, Ideas and such are much appreciated. I.E. any suggested reading, or viewing, would be much appreciated.

that's all.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:59 pm  Reply with quote

Well like i said in the religious thing before maybe after this post now, i personally like the christian philosophy. I like the belief, even though ive heard and considered this almost hillarious conspiracy theory about it...i'll post that somewhere later. Anyway yeah, i like the christian ethics without the worship. Just the belief is enough for me most of the time, and when it isn't, well then there the worship and prayer factors in. Maybe im just a naive kid who likes the peace on earth idea, i dunno.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:04 am  Reply with quote

ye id have to go with christianity too seen as i am christened, and sort of believe in God....
if youd had asked me a few months ago i'da sed defo christianity, but im unsure at this very moment.....

and anyway thoth why shoud other people make your choice for you, make your own decision!!!!!!!!!! its your life, if you choose a religion then you have to follow it, not me or beest or ne1 else......you
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:31 am  Reply with quote

I'm using you guys a resources and bounce-boards. that's all. and there's one thing I don't like about religions, you're born into them. this is one reason I really respect the amish religion. once someone hits a certain age (21 I believe it is) they are automatically allowed to live the other life, get into trouble, be promiscuous, smoke, drink, all of that. sin to high heaven, and at the end of (i believe) 3 years, they are given the choice: go back to being Amish, or stick to the outside.

ninety nine times out of a hundred, they say 'I'm stayin' here, ma.' but they are given the choice.

but back to you Sky, basically, I just want everyone to throw out pros and cons of their religions, so I can see how they are. and like I said, I'm fine with Athiesm, although I'm heavily concidering Buddishm and Druism.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:54 am  Reply with quote

i think we should invent our own religion.... to worship and respect everybody else.......the world would be such a good place if everybody respected one another!!!!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:50 pm  Reply with quote

they've got one of those... 'cept it's a governmental system, and it's called Communism. but i'd rather worship on my own than create a religion and have people join it, because there is one thing I belive stoutly about spirituality: worship and spirituality is personal, and should not be forced upon by another or practiced communally, unless it is a very loose practice. i'm kinda leaning towards a church here in my hometown based on those ideals: the Family Christian Center. it basically accepts everyone of every christian based religion, and you hear the prayers and sermons and such, and the rest is DIY. that, and it's a church with soul. I mean, that place is right under Harlem on the soul-meter. whew.

that's that.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:15 am  Reply with quote

go for it mate, if thats what you want,

dont wait for fate to decide, it already knows the answer!!
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:07 pm  Reply with quote

Ideally, a religion is a system of beliefs about the Universe/Mystery that teaches techniques to create a deeper connection to All That Is. Personally, I find religions to be outdated with our current evolutionary thrust into the 21st century. Religions are only as valuable as the techniques one learns to connect to the divine personally, without dependance from a figurehead or accepting a system of beliefs. Although all religions are based upon great truths and peak experiences, they are diluted forms of the initial inspiration.

Yet, one can (and should) utililze the techniques which work (prayer, meditation, pranayama, mantra, entheogens, dance & ecstatic movement, bodywork, creative visualization, a high, pranic diet, and heartfelt communication to all forms of life we share the Earth with).

This is why I’m into yoga & shaminism. They both offer the techniques and tools to reach exalted states of Truth, Love, and Energy…all without a practioner having to accept and follow a system of beliefs (some of which are rigid and outdated myth/creation stories that limit the human species to the circumstances of what Was).

It's enough to just be spiritual. = )
thoth87
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:46 am  Reply with quote

I meditate, and as for bodywork, I'm very deeply into martial arts (i've done some nujutsu, judo, tae-kwon-do, and I'm currently learning kickboxing and fencing). diet... er, I eat mostly meat, poultry and dairy products. but i'm a very naturalist kind of person. like I said, i've been looking into druisim as a possible belief system of taking up and tweaking, 'cause personally I don't think any religion can be followed correctly without tweaking it. and blind faith is not an option.
transport22
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:25 pm  Reply with quote

I agree strongly about blind faith. Many people use the world faith or belief and leave it at that. It's enough for them to hope or believe or to have faith in something. And for some, I suppose, that's as far as they are willing to take their spirituality, their potential.

There comes a point, though, where a person senses a pattern emerging, an infusion of personal experience with the seemingly random occurrences and synchronicity which propel us forward. Trust is born and trust is different. Trust is all about 'knowing' and not about believing.

I'm not familiar with Druisim. (and I'm feeling a little too lazy to research it online at the moment)

What exactly does it entail? And which aspects speak strongly to you?
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:51 am  Reply with quote

i went to church today..... it being easter sunday and all!!
though i felt i had to say amen and other phrases thorough the service by the end i decided not to, because i thought i was lying to the church, i was religious and now im not, i dont believe in God anymore, but i still capitalise his name... so i felt wrong in repeating verses, i felt like i was cheating God........though i dont believe in him, and it was a strange sensation.... i dont know what i believe
transport22
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm  Reply with quote

Why a God? Why he?

My teachings have led me, directly and profoundly, towards the feminine face of God, the Goddess.

You can't have one without the other.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:18 pm  Reply with quote

Druisim is the belief that we are part of the earth, and should respect it. sacrifices were made in the past to the earth, but it was in fact human sacrifices, not animal sacrifices. mostly, people were hung in wicker cages on trees and burned alive. that's just an interesting fact...

I'm a very natural kind of guy. I rarely wear shoes in the summer (and I sometimes go out in the winter unshod), prefer to wear shorts and short sleeve T shirts ( if I decide to wear a shirt at all... or pants for that matter) and I actually value strength and physical ability along with mental prowess, which is a bit uncommon among the more intelgent people this day in age. ah well, screw 'em. and unfortunatley, in the chrisian God's eyes, I sin like a mofo, 'cause I'm proud of my abilities and acomplishments. and Druisim allows pride. I'm still researching it though.
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:59 am  Reply with quote

i think i know why i felt like that in church because of what transport said in a different post......

i think that i just want to be right all the time, and my ego doesnt want to make a wrong decision, so i think im just keeping my options open, like i dont really believe in God, but underneath i really do incse there is a possibility when i die, i will go to heaven with God and have my sins forgiven, not Hell, if there is a heaven and Hell, but i think this is why i felt like that.

it shocked me a bit, because ive never though of myself like this, on the surface im always the sort of person who will make compromises, i dont mind, but i do get annoyed if im wrong, and it also explains why i want to get high grades, because i want to be right..... (i think?) but i guess this kinda makes me a bit arrogant.... does it??? i dont want to be like that, and have never though of myself like that.
i thought i was just strong minded, and had strong believes, but i suppose i dont really have beliefs.....

i need serious help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:53 pm  Reply with quote

Why goddess? Why god? Why not cucumbers? DAMNED IF WE KNOW!

After all, gods cannot be proven or disproven to exist, and you're free to believe in whatever you want.
Page 1 of 5
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme