FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply dream theatre <- there is no spoon Forum Index
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:45 am  Reply with quote

Or you could say that money isnt evil, how it can be spent is evil, and since humans spend it, it can be used for good, evil, or a little of both at the same time.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:45 pm  Reply with quote

too right
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:42 am  Reply with quote

OR you could just keep the money and not do anything with it...but that doesnt work since there are some things that you'd have to spend money on....hmm......
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:24 pm  Reply with quote

yeah, if youve got no money your nobody,

i dont agree it should be the way, but thats how life is.....
kiki
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:13 pm  Reply with quote

I think how you get/earn money changes you.
For example if you won the lottery then you would be happy I'm not going to deny that but you would be quick to spend the money and wouldnt appreciate it. Like if you bought something and it broke you wouldnt care, you would just buy another one. However if you worked hard to make your money then you would appreciate the things you bought with it more and wouldnt just spend it on anything - you would be a lot more careful with your money.
And just so beest doesnt think I'm a smeg head I tried to type all that properly! I've probably messed up somewhere though!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:44 pm  Reply with quote

well, if that's the way life is, let's try and change it.

and as for the KRM's stuff, I agree totally. give me five bucks, and wah! it's gone. let me ERN five bucks... and I contemplate what I'ma spend it on. I won't lie, that's the way it is.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:54 am  Reply with quote

Perhaps, but the way I deal with money is a bit of both, i spend half of it whimsically and save or contemplate over the other half. Much more interesting that way.
kiki
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:14 pm  Reply with quote

Maybe you just have more money than us!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:17 pm  Reply with quote

yeah i go off on whims all the time nd then think WHY DID I BUY THAT???!!!!

im a super lover of shoes aswell, and buy loads but than decide it was a bad idea because they hurt and WHAT NOT (love that phrase)

newho........... bad girls is on, gotta go watch it

Last edited by Sky on Thu May 27, 2004 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 3:38 pm  Reply with quote

Probably not, i dont really have that much money to work with most of the time. Then again, sometimes good things happen.

Like one of my friends brother stole some DVDs from me, worth 30 dollars, and now hes bringing me one of his brothers katana's for me to have! its partially luck, and all luck in the case of the lottery thing.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:12 pm  Reply with quote

dude...

sweet...

a katana is one thing I want just to have. there are books and CDs and wooden swords and insturments I want to read and listen to and practice with, but a katana...

I just want one. to hang on my wall... and maybe even my belt from time to time.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:52 pm  Reply with quote

I actually have my own katana, its a short-sword version of one, only about a three foot long blade, but the one i'm gonna eventually get is a full sized four-five foot one. I actually practice with it a lot on the weekend, nothing really legit, just muscle building and a little style, ive come up with a couple things that are obviously probably real techniques somewhere...but you get my point.

And if you hang it from your belt, the nice people called the police get to have a freakin field day with ya.
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:46 pm  Reply with quote

the short version of a Katana is the Wakizashi. the second half of a Daisho pair. Daisho translated literally means 'the Long and the short'. in feudal Japan, Katanas were reserved to only be worn by Samurai, while Wakazashi could be worn by any of the noble caste.

just a bit of history...

anywho...

I can wear it in my yard, and probably around my street and not give the cops a field day.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:23 am  Reply with quote

yeah, i completely understand what your on about, i have one too........ e-hem, i wear it on my belt, yeah....

(by the way, incase you yanks dony understand me.... i was being sarcastic, a kind of humour we use in the uk)

newho's

i dont have a lot of money really, just when i save some up i splash out on shoes!!! if i was rich i would have so many, so its a good job really.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 2:43 pm  Reply with quote

Well thats a marvelous little digression...dont know how the hell swords became shoes, but regardless.

And technically yes you can wear it on private property, but in public, thats what i meant.
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme