FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply dream theatre <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:16 pm  Reply with quote

i dreamt the other day that i won the lottery,
i remember the numbers i chose, and exactly how much i won: 5.3 million, converted to dollors is a lot of money, i dont know how much, maybe $8.7million or summet, but i remeber going mad, and splashing out on a.... wait for it..... bouncy castle!!!!!
woooo

i gave my mum a million, and my grand parents a million, and my mate paul got the 0.3 million, i was chuffed,

so on saturday im going to put the lottery on, who know on saturday night you could be talking to a millionaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope its one of my precognition dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:31 pm  Reply with quote

Money does not buy happiness. this I stand by. you don't need it to have a good time, and since that's my goal, I don't need cash. at least, not too much...

eh.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:04 pm  Reply with quote

no, it doesnt buy happiness, but it makes oppertuities come your way easier, like travelling the world, buying a bass guitar, a grand piano, a kit, a saxophone (a tarnished Zz one!) a violin, a happy retirement, a sexy fast suped up car with floor lights, a convertible top, low suspension, big spoiler, a horse and some stables, my mum time to have fun in the garden.......

these are things i would love to do/have, and will have, theyre my material goals, money just helps me get them quicker

instruments are VERY expensive, you should know!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:30 pm  Reply with quote

they are normally, but I've no problem with buying oldies and goodies. none of my insturments have had more than 400 dollars put into them, that includes purchase price and any restoration that might have been done. my horns have attitude, deffinately. Alto: 280 dollars. C-melody: 300 dollars. Tenor: 240 dollars. Tenor's gonna be a bitch to fix, but hey. and the C-melody only needs about thirty bucks worth of pads, and it'll be set.

car? as long as it drives i'm happy. bike's more like it, cheaply bult if you know where to look for parts (my bike is huge, and it's decked out, but it only cost me an' my dad about 100 bucks). other frivolities: my LEFT HANDED hunting bow was 200 bucks, 4 carbon arrows, a left-handed release, quick-snap quiver, two arm guards, and a bunch of other goodies. the bow itself was marked for 275. it's worth about 500 all told. computer was six hundred bucks, and my brothers chipped in for that. fencing gear is 150 bucks. that's all my big stuff... oh, and the guitar that my dad got for free an' gave me. score.
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:29 am  Reply with quote

good for you!!!!! but you still needed money to buy them, the only thing in life thats free is love, and that still costs - it pays in pain when it goes wrong
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:37 am  Reply with quote

oh, I suppose...
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:49 pm  Reply with quote

Well if money cant buy happiness...i guess i'll have to rent it! (in the words of weird all) but happiness, like all things, is relative, no?
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:32 am  Reply with quote

erm....... whatever you say beest.......yep....
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:15 am  Reply with quote

yes, I'd say. I mean, playin' sax (and now) guitar makes me happy, while video games make you happy. but then, happiness could be defined differently by each person, but how?
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:42 am  Reply with quote

its because nobody is alike, we are individuals, and its the things that make us happy and sad (our emotions) which make us individual....

im happy with friends, playing me piano and when something good comes my way!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

what's something good that comes your way? what is good to you?
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:52 am  Reply with quote

i dont know, an oppertunity, like a gig oppertunity, or an oppertunity to go out, or go away on holiday or to party, with friends and family or playing music things i enjoy and love.

Or oppertunities to explore
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

Well good can be whatever you want it to be. I'd think winning the lottery would be good, because while I like to help people, you cant do much without money in this day and age. So technically money can be or lead to happiness...hmm...I feel a migrane coming on...
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:37 pm  Reply with quote

technicalities rule the world, unfortunately. ah well. but that aside, this is true. the challenge is to not let greed run rampant if one does come across money. i'd buy a plot of land and build a pole barn on it for storage (and maybe put a loft on it to live in), probably buy a Les Paul custom, a contrabass saxophone, and a Harley Davidson. the rest would go to friends, family, and charity, in that order. but not an actual charity, I mean actually purchasing stuff for needy folks and giving it to 'em. you can't trust anyone these days, save for your friends. and those you can are rare indeed.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:05 pm  Reply with quote

money isnt evil, love of money is evil
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme