FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:31 am  Reply with quote

that's why I like my idea better, you make your own place and purpose it fate's not involved. then, my idea could be wrong, but so be it.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

thats everything, the question that can never be answered.....

what if??

p.s. its my 400th post!!!!!
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:30 pm  Reply with quote

yea, that's why I say we need a base. at least until we hit the point of enlightenment that we don't need it anymore.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:41 pm  Reply with quote

Well first off, just my being anal again, but epiphany, not ony. And second off, very interesting, but if in the furure anything is possible and learnable....oh hell heres this migrane paradox again!
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:22 am  Reply with quote

ye but whats the point of....... actually no, never mind its a useless post, my point will not bak me up.....because nothing we know is truth, how do we know?
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:03 am  Reply with quote

what makes anything possible? I'll tell you... us not knowing. nothing is possible in the past except for what happened then, so that's set in stone (or is it?) and it's that way, because we've seen it happen, and know it happened. at least, in personal experiences, not history-book stuff.

anything is possible in the future, 'cause we have no way of acurately predicting an outcome. maybe as far as shooting a bow, or making a pool bank, we can figure take a good guess, but even that's not a hundred percent.

that's why we need not worry too much, and perhaps increase our chances of stuff, but we should never say something is garunteed, or else you get yourself a Titanic effect (the ship that will never sink hits an iceburg and goes under on the first try).

thoughts?
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:26 am  Reply with quote

er...... it was a long post but i dont really see what your getting at........ true, we cant guarantee anything, and everything is possible including impossibility, so we dont know whats true because we've been told it, what it its wrong or false?? it could be true it could be false, we just dont know, and never will thats what im getting at, how do we actually know that something is true???

Not becasue it happened 10seconds ago and we have experience this still doesnt help anyway, what if its a matrix? an illusion? a slideshow before our eyes?

we just dont know anything do we???
we know nothing

as manwell would say from faulty towers:
"i know nothing"
thoth87
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:03 am  Reply with quote

we know what happened.
Sky
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:53 am  Reply with quote

how do we though?? it could be an illusion for our eyes, all false, then again you could be right, it could all be true,

but you just cant take on side of this, you must look at both side, at possibility, i culd be right i could be wrong, but atleast im thinking about it, trying to find the real answer instead of closing my eyes and seeing what i want to see, whats the point??

WHATS THE POINT??????????????
transport22
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:20 pm  Reply with quote

The point is free will, in which one can manifest anything along the spectrum of existence. Free will which is found within the eye of the paradox.

All arguments inevitably lead to contradiction and uncertaintly, the Mystery, the Great Unknown, because every thought creates a subtle vibration which is real.

Free will can mire one in limitation or give birth to utter freedom and liberation.....because we are creators w/ free will living within Creation.

Anything one thinks, the opposite vibration/thought can manifest and will. Anchored to a body that walks upon two legs, a person can fly with the imagination, or even experience this physically in lucid dreams. Both experiences are valid and real. Both are reference points to some great "unknown".

Just because we can't name the "unknown"...(which is simply a way of identifying existence with a mental process ((ego))...shouldn't deter us from our paths to greater "knowing".

By the way...I'm Deva. = )
thoth87
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:23 pm  Reply with quote

Deva? I'm lost. and you do make sense. but dreaming is not real, however, one can manifest the ideas of flight, and actually fly. this I believe fully. I think, therefor I am. I think I can fly, therefor I can fly. but first one must completely forget all the reasons that one CAN'T fly for. one must free one's mind. getting back to the basics
Sky
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:38 am  Reply with quote

yes i can see your view and exept it but still........

WHAT IF YOUR WRONG??

thats the whole thing what if, everthing is possible, do you want to live you life in a lie surrounded be false happenings?? or do you want to be free???

perhaps we already are, but the main fact of the matter is......

we dont know

what if we dont have free will?? what if we do??
transport22
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:28 pm  Reply with quote

There's no way to know if anything is real.....
.......if one constantly negates direct personal experience with the power of the mind.

The mind is only one part of the fabric of being, of consciousness. Yet, itís a part that can limit and trap us by claiming to be the whole, or being able to explain the whole in words or ideas. Words and ideas can never describe and explain the true power of 'being'....only communicate a fragment of the truth to others (or ourselves), binding the experience in limitation.

In our current world we have an addiction to the intellectual center, the mind chatter never stops.

True balance & knowing comes with integrating the intellectual center with the emotional and moving centers.

~Thought, feelings, and action~Mind, emotions, and physicality~Truth, Love, and Energy~

The power to move, feel, and think through life in a balanced manner leads to greater freedom. When the mind is overused our free will becomes stagnant....the mind freezes from fear of experiencing reality directly beyond thoughts.
thoth87
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

damn you. I agree totally. it's not bad to think, but it is bad to not do. balance is nice, but bein' lopsided is good too. it's nice to get on a bike and ride for the sake of riding. the most you think about is where you're gonna turn next. but swordfighting and other martial arts, they're a perfect melding of mind, body and spirit, if done correctly. music is my true passion, as it is a complete letting-loose of everything. your mind works on only the most subconcious level, while your fingers and your lungs work to bring out youre entire escence out through your axe. or sax, in my case. of course, that's something few people get to experience. I reccomend it.

and meditation is a nice change from thought too. just sitting there and letting out. connecting.

well, now that i've completely agreed with you, heh.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:50 am  Reply with quote

yes, we know nothing though, how can we determine truth from illusion?? is it a feeling, or our mind or knowing, or believing like thoth says.....

the fact is we dont!!! nearly everyone of my posts is like this,
things could be true they could be false, or mind could control us, it could follow us.....do we even have a mind??? who knows??? nobody!!

so i accept whatever you say, but i also accept it could be right or wrong, and that i will never know, so i should just accept it and not ask why.
But thats me, i can help asking why, being curious, wanting to know truth if there is such thing, theyre could just as easily be no such thing as truth.

Arent either of you bothered that if you actually think about yourself and your beliefs and ideas that they could be wrong??
the way to enlightenment is to accept everything being right or wrong, not to just believe one thing and stick to that forever and ever, on one path, there is more to life to explore tat just one path.
Im trying to go down all the paths, because i will never know which is the right one,
nobdy can tell me which is rigt or which is wrong, how do you know??
so you will have to accept my acceptance
Page 2 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme