FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

New Post   Reply there is no board (misc. posts) <- there is no spoon Forum Index
Sky
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:16 pm  Reply with quote

i know i always rabbit on about this, and fate, and chance and oter stuff but, i really do (at the present time) believe in fate and destiny completely.
There have been a lot of things that have happened to me in my life, and i have asked the mighty question of why. Why me? What have i done to deserve this? everybody has asked this question once, surely.
i believe i now know the answer.
These things have made me stronger, they made and sealed bonds for life with friends and relatives, they put events and circumstances in my way for me to pick up and help me in some ways. The events have 'prepared' me for enlightenment, and broadened my spiritual mind and look on life.
I believe this was done for a reason. A motive, 'fate's motive' which is the name for my new theory. The path we all should and will without a doubt take. Without avoidment.

thoughts?????
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:09 pm  Reply with quote

I could not disagree with you more...

I believe that fate is nonexistant. perhaps there is a path I am meant to follow, or that I should follow, but there is no path, i think, that i MUST follow. nothing happens for a reason unless someone makes it happen for a reason. anythnig that happens to me, that is not preplanned by another creature, force or being is pure coincidence. and even then, there's no garuntee that this preplanned happening will go to plan, as I could do something to alter or evade the situation. at least, that's my thought. for example, you said something about happenings strengthening bonds between you and friends/family members. i'm pretty sure that nearly any situation can be used to strengthen such bonds, if someone so desires them to. and even the situations that may have caused the bonds you speak of to weaken, had the people involved used them to do so.
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:48 pm  Reply with quote

Fate? how do you define fate?

that being said, i cant disagree much more mahself. Whether it be written in the stars or not, as far as i'm concerned, your future hasnt been written yet, noone's has.

and dont forget that what strengthens some and what weakens others can be one and the same thing.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:59 pm  Reply with quote

yeah but thats just it, i strengthens me because its meant to, and weakens others because its meant to,
fate is our life, fate is the matrix, it makes our choices for us, it knows exactly what we will and are doing, and tricks out minds into thnking we make the choices, there is no choice, fate knows what your answer will be.... everytime, no exeption.
i dont particularly (sp?) want to believe this, i like to think i have choice, but i cant get this idea out of my head, like my subconscience always reminding me its not my life, its the matrix's.
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:57 pm  Reply with quote

ah, but you have the choice to believe otherwise.
Sky
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:39 pm  Reply with quote

ah, but, i dont because my subconscience is always there, saying even if i did choos to not believe it, its fate for me not too, and fate is still every where, like poisened air, you cant escape it......

(dont take my quote too litral)
thoth87
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:14 pm  Reply with quote

subconciousness can be overpowered by the standard conciousness. I don't think that everyone nescisarily has a subconcious, and even if they do, it can be overridden. take it like this: subconciously, I worry about my grades, because i have been programmed to. but truly, in actuality, i don't give a damn. the program can be overridden! ANY program can be overridden!
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:34 am  Reply with quote

nah, i totally dont agree with you there, wheres subconscieness withou conscieness, see, my quote!!!
you cant have one without the other......tada!

(it also makes u dream.....like me!!)[/b]
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:54 pm  Reply with quote

You could if you really wanted to, but if you didnt want to or believed you couldn't, you couldnt, you see? or maybe you dont...oh well, your loss, or maybe mine, i dunno. you decide.
Sky
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:53 pm  Reply with quote

erm....... ok beest, whatever you say?!?!?
*shifts eyes in a confused way*

but its like peace and pain, to make equilibrium, sub-conc, and conc, you could always try to believe you have sub-conc, but in my theory, you cant, youd believe it with all conc, but your sub-conc would always be there...
thoth87
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:09 pm  Reply with quote

just becuase it's there doesn't mean it can't be overpowered, subdued and tossed aside. My teacher is there, but I can always ignore her.
Sky
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:43 pm  Reply with quote

i didnt say you couldn't ignore it, i just said that you coan never get rid of it, it wil always be there.......
nightbeest77
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:44 am  Reply with quote

Well we can virtually get rid of it, or at least trick ourselves into thinking we have. You see again? or no?
thoth87
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:49 am  Reply with quote

thanks for the support beest. and welcome back.
Sky
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:26 am  Reply with quote

i no.... where you bin hun??

newho, hahaha, hit it on the head there....!!!
in tricking yourself into believing you have no sub-conc you use your sub-conc, to enable to believe you have no sub-conc, your sub-conc must believe that, and it cant because it is, think about it.
Page 1 of 3
New Post   Reply Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme