FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups    Register   Profile   Log in 
there is no spoon Forum Index

New Post   Reply verbal kung-fu <- there is no spoon Forum Index
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

many people think that in order to become peak, we must feed and nurture our minds to evolve and grow. but here are a few points on this that i'm not particularly keen on.

the first being that in the past, our bodies have served us well. we used our minds to fashion spears, but without muscles and sheer strength, we would not have killed the mammoth. this shows a marrige between the two aspects.

here's the second. allright, a car i'm in flies off the road. so i'm lying there in this burning pile of reckage, and i'm using my mental abilites to figure out how to get my ass out of here. why am i doing this? because, if we follow the path that some see fit, i won't be strong enough to open the door. of cousre, I sure as hell want a friggin' supergenious to give me open heart surgery, if i suffer such greivious wounds as to cause such extreme actions. But not if he's so week he can't correctly hold a scalpel. and before that, i want the biggest, strongest, able-bodied rescue worker to drag me out of the broken and crushed car that's trapping me.
Some will argue, "if we're intelgent, we can design a robot or device to help get you out". allright then, we'll trust another soulless machine to take another one of our duties, and move closer to being the operators and farther from being the tools. and even then, there's an eternal bond formed when one person saves another's life. a sort of tying of forces, stronger than the one allready in place.
my point is that in order to move forward, we must blend these two aspects of ourselves. we must sharpen our minds, broaden our shoulders, and keep the edge on our axes keen. because frankly, i trust an axe much more than i trust a RescueBot.

the next part in my evaluation would have to be that we're too damn earthbound. yes, we spend all of ourt time either working on making money or making it easier for the folks comming up behind us to make money... but not without us profiting, of course. well, my take is that it doesn't really matter. and also, life's too short to worry about making cash. there are so many experiences and colors and emotions and sights and sounds and things and people to experience... just in your local city block or farming district.
and that is the reason that i'm in no hurry to become 'enlightened'. because the truth of the matter is, once you become enlightened, once you see the light, once you know, there is no turning back.
and as for making paths for the folks comming behind us, i'd like to throw out a quote of Mine:

following the beaten path is for those to lazy to make their own. And besides, there's no fresh tree to pee on when you head down that way.

and there you have it.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:57 am  Reply with quote

Well and if there is no afterlife? Then what we do here is all we get right?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:34 pm  Reply with quote

this has very little to do with any afterlife stuff, it's about what's going on right now... actually, the post is really just some stuff i thought of while walking down my street. but if there is no afterlife, it wouldn't matter with the post, would it?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

yeah but it is VERY hard to have experiences without money, i mean, you need money for clothes and shoes and food, nothing is free, thats why people strive for profit and money, so they can experience things.
As iv said before, my dream was always and always will be to travel the world, through every country, see every culture, learn a little of every language, but i cant, not now any way, i have no money, i cant even travel england, or the northwest, or the town i live in without money.
thats why i want a good education, to lead me into a good job, to give me lots of money, so i can fulfill my dreams.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:30 am  Reply with quote

you don't need clothes or shoes... except to fit in with the rest of the world. i walk around outside all the time barefoot... even durring the winter, when there's snow on the ground. food is another issue, but hey. and you don't need to travel the world to experience it. go outside, breathe in the fresh air (provided it's fresh) and go find someone new to talk to. a friend of mine always bugs me about speaking with random people that i bump into, but hey. you meet alot of cool cats like that.
Page 1 of 1
New Post   Reply

Jump to:  

phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Play Graphic Theme